RATM is offline Senior Member

Liposuction. Would you ever?

I have come to a point in my life where the genetics I have been given make me feel like no matter how much hard work and effort I put into diet and exercise, the look that I am looking for dosent seem to come. My point... I tend to hold my bodyfat in my lower back and the "rear" part of the love handles. No matter how much I diet and how strict I eat, I cannot seem to lose this part of my bodyfat. Because this has been an issue of mine for several years dating all the way to high school, I have been looking into the possibilites of getting this pain in my arse liposuctioned out. Has anyone ever done this or thought about doing it? 20 years of hating the same part of my body is long enough.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I’ve heard and read up a little on Metro*something* where they inject a chemical into the fat and then it liquefies it so it is easier to suck out. The incision is only a about a CM wide and it does not even require stitches. I’m skeptical but maybe research that idea and it’s suppose to be a lot cheaper as it does not require a surgery room or anistisiologist.

I have never done it, but have always been tempted too with my lower stomach. I don’t get love handles or back fat but I have a trouble area in my lower stomach.

The bad thing that can happen is some people have gotten lumpy fat that grows back. I’m sure google will turn up some pictures, but most people are happy with it.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I deal with the same area of fat on my body. My father does as well. I'm currently in an effort to lean out as much as possible... but, I have thought about it as a possibility in the future... that is, if I can't attain it on my own.

If you do decide to have it done, I'd appreciate an update. Thanks.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I know someone that died from it, I would never even consider it.

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Me too man. All of my fat is on the love handle region, curving around to the back. That is the only part of my body that completely pisses me off. I will be looking into this sometime soon.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Jesus died from Lipho? Doctor **** up or what?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg
    It is more common that you would think. Happens on a regular basis actually.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg
    According to a survey conducted by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) of more than 1,500 plastic and reconstructive surgeons in January, 1999, the death rate of one in every 5,000 (or 20 out of 100,000) liposuction patients between 1994 and 1998 was much higher than anyone anticipated--higher even than death rates from traffic accidents.

http://www.medicon.de/jsp/language.j...ticle&art=4173
    Last edited by Lozgod; 04-02-2005 at 06:24 PM.

Before I competed in BB, I would be embarassed to take of my shirt for any reason. I have always wanted that v-taper look that most of us strive for, but my the fat in that area dosent seem to leave quite fully. I do already have a well respected and trusted Dr. chosen as he has done most of the work on my wife. I guess I am just at an point in my life where I have the money to do it and also the desire.

What's your bf% brutha?

i would say that its 14-15%, but the vast majority is in my lower back/outer obliques. I will say that I do not diet for shows year round, but even in the off season, i hate it. Wife says she loves and its part of who I am and blah blah blah, but I am getting sick of knowing its there.

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member

Lipo

Hi,
    Well i couldn't handle the the stubborn in my lower stomach any more either. I looked into a tummy tuck and the doctor advised me to have lipo.
    Im not at all happy with the results although it only tool 2 days to recover. It cost 7,000 and im left with a rippled stomach that still needs a tummy tuck.
    On my hips it worked much better but i am a woman and this is what happened. It increased my breast size from a c-d cup. Now this might not be a problem for some of you but i perfer not to be that large. I have read about this before.
    Again if you do not follow a strict diet, constantly, the fat will return in another place. You must follow a strict diet exercise program forever. In spite of that i need to do a followup surgery but the stomach is a tougher place then love handles and hips.
    Hope this helps.

I am sorry to hear that about your results. Did you seek a second opinion knowing that you wanted a Tummy tuck instead of lipo?

i'd do it man, i mean if you're not happy with yourself change it man. i was thinking about getting a little done under my chin to tighten it up too...some ppl just have these crazy genetics, so fk em if you got the money to fix it up do it and kick your genetics a$$

Quote Originally Posted by RATM
    i would say that its 14-15%, but the vast majority is in my lower back/outer obliques. I will say that I do not diet for shows year round, but even in the off season, i hate it. Wife says she loves and its part of who I am and blah blah blah, but I am getting sick of knowing its there.
    I would honestly suggest leaning RIGHT out.... 10%-.........

If they're still there at that bodyfat, then I would pursue other options...

JMO of course...

Thread Information