Elysium is offline Productive Member

Some fat dude at work is getting real annoying.

Well theres this guy at work, hes probably 400lbs +, the guy is massive, very obese. His confidence is very very low, which to some extent i can understand, the thing that is getting annoying is the fact that he plays on his problems, trys to get sympathy for being fat, and plays on the fact that he is overweight. He makes jokes about himself about being fat, how he has a clevage etc. It just gets so annoying, i told him to go to the gym, that i'd even do some cardio with him but he comes up with excuses.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Send him a dozen doughnuts and eventually he'll keel over and you can have his office!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Send him a dozen doughnuts and eventually he'll keel over and you can have his office!

~SC~
    Well the other night we were working and one of the girls fires up a joint, he starts puffing away like theres no tomorrow, gets up stairs starts to over heat, sweating profusely and went home as he nearly fainted. I mean, what an idiot someone who is as large as he is, im deffinately gonna carry him to the hospital.

~SC~
    Thats the thing though, dam does this guy eat! Every time i see him hes eating something. lol

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

~SC~
    Wow... what a horrable person right there

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    that i'd even do some cardio with him

tell the bros the truth...you offered him sexual services didn't you?

THat's the only reason i can see that a fat guy would turn down the chance to get slim...

Messy...sexual services don't count as cardio...get that tru your head

Cry0smate is offline Member
    LMFAO @ Narkissis' response!
    --------------------------------

People like that make fun of themselves because they believe that by doing so, others will not follow suit or they will use it as a method to trigger a sympathy response. It's a horrible method to attack confidence/self esteem issues.

If the man doesn't have any desire to change his lifestyle, then so be it. Me, being the gigantic ass that I am, would probably tell him that you were tired of hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    tell the bros the truth...you offered him sexual services didn't you?

THat's the only reason i can see that a fat guy would turn down the chance to get slim...

Messy...sexual services don't count as cardio...get that tru your head
    But ive been told sex is a great way to burn fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cry0smate
    LMFAO @ Narkossis response!
    --------------------------------

People like that make fun of themselves because they believe that by doing so, others will not follow suit or they will use it as a method to trigger a sympathy response. It's a horrible method to attack confidence/self esteem issues.

If the man doesn't have any desire to change his lifestyle, then so be it. Me, being the gigantic ass that I am, would probably tell him that you were tired of hearing it.
    Its getting to the point where i might just say to him that its getting annoying, hes a whiner, will complain about everything.

Ahh the most annoying thing is the fact that i can hear him breathing.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    on a serious note,

Im assuming this man has been made fun of his entire lifetime, so telling him that hes annoying really wont affect much. Taking him to the gym will just intimidate him.

what he needs to do is buy a dog, and take him for a walk (3 km) everyday
    - 1 year and he will look alot better

But ive been told sex is a great way to burn fat?
    Only if you're the pitcher

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    Wow... what a horrable person right there
    It was just a joke Mr. Serious.

~SC~

One can't get a guy to change his life...

he must want to do it.

irongryph is offline New Member
    You can talk to him until your blue in the face, but if he's not willing to take the initiative to try to change himself, then it's useless. I run into this problem a lot. People compliment me on my build and ask me what can they do to improve their health. When I tell them about the nutrition they need to eat, counting calories, and the time they need to spend in the gym, they start making excuses. Living healthy or being a bodybuilder is a lifestyle choice. You must be willing to dedicate your life to it, and it's quite evident that the fat guy is not ready for the challenge.

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irongryph
    You can talk to him until your blue in the face, but if he's not willing to take the initiative to try to change himself, then it's useless. I run into this problem a lot. People compliment me on my build and ask me what can they do to improve their health. When I tell them about the nutrition they need to eat, counting calories, and the time they need to spend in the gym, they start making excuses. Living healthy or being a bodybuilder is a lifestyle choice. You must be willing to dedicate your life to it, and it's quite evident that the fat guy is not ready for the challenge.
    Good Post Bro

peaker is offline Senior Member
    **** i go nuts when people make excuses, just say i cant be ****ed because i am lazy as **** and i will respect them more them bull****ting about i dont have enough time this and that!! **** i can feel the test boiling in me now !

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Tell him to quit bitchin' and get his lazy ass in the gym or shut up.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    This guy will probably die b4 he reaches 50 unless he get down the gym. Id say tell him to buy a treadmill to avoid intimidation in the gym, bu the may be too dam big for it

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    This guy will probably die b4 he reaches 50 unless he get down the gym. Id say tell him to buy a treadmill to avoid intimidation in the gym, bu the may be too dam big for it
    Yea he'll die young because of this. Ive said to him, look mate thers plenty of fat people down the gym.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Worked with a guy like that before. He would actually bring ziplock bags full of bacon to work to snack on. One time he fell backward in his chair, it was a raised floor, I thought he would go through but no luck. He died over 10 years ago, I think that is what he really wanted. Very depressed, was a former marine and in good shape into his 30's and then just gave up for some reason.....oh, I think he had 5 marriages, maybe that did it.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I am old school, and I believe teasing and ridicule are cures for obesity, depression, and most other diseases of the character. Seriously tear him down away from the work place until the pain of your words motivates him to change.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I was a little intimidated when i first started working out cos i was skinny as hell and couldnt even bench more that 40k and thats including the bar. Now i dont care what other guys lift, i just concentrate on my own sh1t.

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    It was just a joke Mr. Serious.

~SC~
    LMAO!!! Well I thought it was a pretty funny joke anyways.

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I am old school, and I believe teasing and ridicule are cures for obesity, depression, and most other diseases of the character. Seriously tear him down away from the work place until the pain of your words motivates him to change.
    Or motivates him enough to shoot up his work place or beat the h*ll outta Messy.

Or try to I dont no the situation.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    Or motivates him enough to shoot up his work place
    Then he goes to prison and consumes a 2800 calorie a day diet and loses the weight, either way, my plan works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Then he goes to prison and consumes a 2800 calorie a day diet and loses the weight, either way, my plan works.
    Got me there bro.

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    get him a t-shirt that says "I beat anorexia" thatll make him feel like he accomplished something

Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    Or motivates him enough to shoot up his work place or beat the h*ll outta Messy.

Or try to I dont no the situation.
    lol im more scared of him trying to eat me than knock me out lol

dude, where the hell do you work where you can fire up a joint??

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    Barlow u just made my day, that was hella funny

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    dude, where the hell do you work where you can fire up a joint??

In the evenings i work with a marketing company, we work late, so on break some of the girls have a smoke.

Its all good man, so far we've managed to get two employees so stoned that they have to go home.

I'll be honest i cant smoke the stuff, had a bad experience a few years ago and now i dont touch the stuff

Insane_Man is offline Junior Member
    I had a room mate last year who was 400lb. One time a friend came over ot visit and saw this guy's turkey sitting on the stove, it was a big bird, and he goes 'Who's is that? How long does something like that last?' I replied 'It's Logan's. Oh, about 20mins.'

i actually had a fat dude walk into the store yesterday, i laughed so hard and he was laughing too, he had that **** shirt on, I BEAT ANOREXIA

Quote Originally Posted by BARLOW
    i actually had a fat dude walk into the store yesterday, i laughed so hard and he was laughing too, he had that **** shirt on, I BEAT ANOREXIA
    Right ok mate. I believe we've all seen the picture thats been passed around the internet with a guys tshirt saying that.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I've never been morbidly obeses but I've always been fat. You use humor, even attacks on ones self, to help fit in or make friends. It can be rough going through life as a fat person, especially when you are young. Heck, I'm a lot lighter now than I was three years ago and I still crack jokes as though I was still fat......well I'm still heavier than most people so it's not much of a streach.

I take it he's been fat all his life? Unless he wants to change theirs no amount of adive or help you can offer to make him change his ways. But I do encourage you to keep reminding him now and then he can make a change if he's willing to make the effort. There are a couple of people here at work I always offer to help out if they ever decide to do something.

Don't berate him if you can help it. To us fat people, food is our closest freind and when down it becomes a crutch. The more depressed, the more we eat, the more weight we gian, the more depressed we get............never ending cycle and hard to break.

Keep tossing him the life saver......he might reach out for it one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    I've never been morbidly obeses but I've always been fat. You use humor, even attacks on ones self, to help fit in or make friends. It can be rough going through life as a fat person, especially when you are young. Heck, I'm a lot lighter now than I was three years ago and I still crack jokes as though I was still fat......well I'm still heavier than most people so it's not much of a streach.

I take it he's been fat all his life? Unless he wants to change theirs no amount of adive or help you can offer to make him change his ways. But I do encourage you to keep reminding him now and then he can make a change if he's willing to make the effort. There are a couple of people here at work I always offer to help out if they ever decide to do something.

Don't berate him if you can help it. To us fat people, food is our closest freind and when down it becomes a crutch. The more depressed, the more we eat, the more weight we gian, the more depressed we get............never ending cycle and hard to break.

We'll said.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut

Great post bro and thanks for sharing. Im not too sure if hes been this big all his life, but looking at how big he actually is, and the lifestyle he leads i can only come to assume that hes always been "fat".

I'll keep on offering my help, my patience is good but it will get to a point if he keeps on playing on his disability that i'll just turn round to him and speak frank. Maybe he just needs a bit of a wake up call?

Right ok mate. I believe we've all seen the picture thats been passed around the internet with a guys tshirt saying that.
    but have ya seen it in real life? no so ya!

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by BARLOW
    get him a t-shirt that says "I beat anorexia" thatll make him feel like he accomplished something

Thread Information