gettankd is offline Associate Member

There's a hole in my Arm

Anyone ever broken their humerus. Christmas Eve 2000, I broke my left humerus, severed my radial nerve, and tore a muscle (which I found out later they decided not to repair). Oh well, it works for the most part.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails There's a hole in my Arm-april3-2005arm-001.jpg   There's a hole in my Arm-april3-2005arm-017.jpg   There's a hole in my Arm-april3-2005arm-024.jpg   There's a hole in my Arm-april3-2005arm-025.jpg  

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    OUCH!

Stuff like that makes me queasy!!! Really, after what happened to my knees and all, it just gives me a weird feeling.

Glad to hear it works!

~SC~

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Bet that hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENMACHINE
    Bet that hurt.

F*** Yeah! Worst pain my life. It was kind of wierd though. When I was walking away from the car the pain hadn't kicked it yet and my arm was at my side, but when I looked up it felt like my arm was in a bent position. As soon as I comprehended that it wouldn't move, it felt like it was cut-off.
    Maybe a little too detailed, huh?

Nasty Feel uncomfortable just looking at it cant imagine how you felt.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    HOLY SHIIT........and GOD D@MN. Thats suck bro...what were you doing when that happened?

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Man, that's one bad ass scar. How long did it take you to get over the mental block on that arm?

When I did three different injuries to my left shoulder, it took me like 2 years before I mentally got it out of my head that I cant work it too hard. Now shoulders are my favorite body part.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea man, i feel ya, i have something similar on my right arm. I got impailed under the armpit on a rod-iron fence (you know the black ones with the triangular heads on top). Well i was hanging on it, and they stitched it up when I went to the hospital, but it got infected (flesh eating infection) scared the **** out of me and they had to open up my biceps and leave ahole in it for a month and they had to stuff it with guaze and clean it ED to keep it from getting infected, no i have a huge as scar on the bicep

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Holy **** BROTHA!! How the **** did that happen?!

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    d@mn dude thats freakin crazy

Quote Originally Posted by D-END
    HOLY SHIIT........and GOD D@MN. Thats suck bro...what were you doing when that happened?

We used to tell stories about what happpened. Everything from being stampeeded by giraffe's, bitten by a shark, I was a motocross rider, just about anything you can think of. It amazing what people would believe. Shark bit? There are no teeth marks. Whether it was me or one of my boys' telling the story, I had to tell them what really happened before they left. I felt bad they were believing some of the crap that came out our mouths. Anyway, it was a car accident. This dude cut me off and tried to avoid him my car started to slide. The front drivers side fender slammed into a tree and flipped over back into the street and landed on the drivers side. Of course I don't remember most of that. I blacked out from the time I tried to avoid him til I woke up hanging in my seatbelt. I only way I can figure it, is that my window broke upon hitting the tree and my arm flew out the window when it flipped. Then the car landed on my arm as it bounced of the pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    Man, that's one bad ass scar. How long did it take you to get over the mental block on that arm?

When I did three different injuries to my left shoulder, it took me like 2 years before I mentally got it out of my head that I cant work it too hard. Now shoulders are my favorite body part.

Mental block?
    I don't really know. not too long, it was always more physical. I mentioned "it works" That might be a little misleading. It merely works better than they thought. It's not 100% to say the least. If I do pull-ups for instance, it's difficult as hell, but then when I stop it hurts like hell. Feels like my arm is literally in a vice. Somewhat reminds me of the intial pain. I still have two titanium plates and thirteen screws in it. The end of one of the plates is about an inch from my elbow. I can touch it. During push-ups, which are slightly more tolerable than pull-ups, I hear and feel a clicking type noise. My only guess is that it's a ligament, or tendon, or, cartilage sliding over the end of the plate

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gettankd
    We used to tell stories about what happpened. Everything from being stampeeded by giraffe's, bitten by a shark, I was a motocross rider, just about anything you can think of. It amazing what people would believe. Shark bit? There are no teeth marks. Whether it was me or one of my boys' telling the story, I had to tell them what really happened before they left. I felt bad they were believing some of the crap that came out our mouths. Anyway, it was a car accident. This dude cut me off and tried to avoid him my car started to slide. The front drivers side fender slammed into a tree and flipped over back into the street and landed on the drivers side. Of course I don't remember most of that. I blacked out from the time I tried to avoid him til I woke up hanging in my seatbelt. I only way I can figure it, is that my window broke upon hitting the tree and my arm flew out the window when it flipped. Then the car landed on my arm as it bounced of the pavement.
    shiit man that's horrible....did the jackass at least stop and help you?

Quote Originally Posted by D-END
    shiit man that's horrible....did the jackass at least stop and help you?

Yeah, That's a pretty interesting story. The dude was in a company vehicle with some chick who was not his wife, having just left her house at 2:00am. There had been another accident across the street a few hundred yards down the road. They're the one's who tipped my ride on its wheels. One of them had gotten me to law down and trying to keep me conscience. I have no memory of this, but apparently the chick with him was yelling at me while I was laying on the ground, as well as my boy whom I was giving a ride home to.

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Man its good to see you came outta that in one piece. Does that arm ever give you any trouble when lifting???

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    thats a nasty one.

Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    Man its good to see you came outta that in one piece. Does that arm ever give you any trouble when lifting???

Unfortunately yes, I have a lot of trouble with single arm curls, aside from hammer curls. There's usually a crackling feeling in and around the elbow. Something is getting crunched together in there. Difficult to describe, but let's just say it sucks. I stay away from dumbell and machine single arm movements in general.

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    that sucks big time bro.

Thread Information