Vito_Gatti is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Computer Question

First of all, I know very little about computers. I use Musicmatch Jukebox to burn all of my CD's. I didn't know that I had an option checked for every time I burn a cd for the program to save the cd burn to my hard drive. The option is "Save CD Cache". It was checked, so every time I would burn a 800mb cd, 800mb on my computer would disapear. Now I can't find out where this so called 'cache' is with all these saved burns in them so I can delete all of them. Can anyone help me or direct me in the right direction of someone who can help me? Thanks.

This is driving me nuts, any help would be appreciated.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    have you tried searching for one of the really obscure file names (of an mp3)?

just go to the start menu, go into "search", then "search for files and folders" and type the name.

Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos' Nephew
    have you tried searching for one of the really obscure file names (of an mp3)?

just go to the start menu, go into "search", then "search for files and folders" and type the name.
    Tried that.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    you could look through all the wave files by searching for "*" sorting by type- wave.

maybe they aren't really there though- it may just store what was on the cd, not the actual files.

Well what would that be under then? All I know is that I have used 9.56 gb of hard drive space, and there is practicly nothin on my whole computer.

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    The cached files are probably stored in the Musicmatch Jukebox directory/folder. Find the Musicmatch Jukebox directory first, which will be probably under My Computer > C: > Program Files, then browse the files in the Musicmatch Jukebox directory (and the subdirectories in it). Usually cached files are stored in a separate directory with different customized extension (not necessarily *.mp3 or what ever). If you find file(s) in Musicmatch Jukebox directory that have size about 800 MB then it is your cached file.

Tried that too. It's almost as if the file is hidden somewhere that I can't find. I have searched everything I could think of and found nothing.I have even gone so far as to delete everything in my computer related to Musicmatch Jukebox.

Bump

Bump

Can anyone point me in the right direction at least? I have no room on my computer and it's driving me nuts...

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    OK, they could be hidden so show all hidden files from Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options, then after you show them search for all files that are bigger than 700MB or so and hopefully you'll find them.

Just tried that with no luck. It's almost that there is no files left, just deleted memory. I am down to 236 mb left out of 9 gb. And there isn't anything on my computer. Thanks for trying tho.

Thread Information