View Poll Results: Have you ever eaten boiled crawfish before?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love them

18 90.00%
  • Yes, I hate them

0 0%
  • No I've never tried it.

1 5.00%
  • What the hell is crawfish?

1 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deadend is offline Associate Member

Have you ever eaten boiled crawfish before?

I live in Louisiana and it's crawfish season right now. So about every other weekend we have "crawfish boils". I love crawfish and don't know a single person who doesn't. But I realized that it is not eaten and appreciated everywhere so I'm wondering how many of you share my love for crawfish. Post away.

shonuff is offline Associate Member
    i love crawfish buy them all da time. and a buffet restaurant i frequently visit has them every night yummy . peace

sp33dg33k is offline Member
    whats a crawfish?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    oh i love suckin some head !

Fish is offline Junior Member
    I'm from louisiana too and love them. I like to boil them too though, just the whole atmosphere. Beer and crawfish great combo.

Originally posted by sp33dg33k
    whats a crawfish?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Have you ever eaten boiled crawfish before?-crawgoto1.jpg  

KeyMastur is offline VET
    oh man that looks good......gimme gimme gimme....love that corn and potatoes too......mmmm..........

Originally posted by 9natural9
    My old state I bordered Louisiana, so I attended a shitload of crawfries....but since I moved to the mid U.S. I have to catch my own....and they are tricky lil bastards...not near the quality of the South

CRAWFISH FETTICINE IS THE BEST

they sell them at my local food lion store, do u have a food lion near u

hey deadend your making me hungry i just started my cutting diet a couple of days ago but im sure a few crawfish wouldnt hurt as long as i dont eat over 60

Originally posted by 9natural9
    Dude, no Food Lion here...I am in the boothills
    sorry to hear that next time i eat crawfish ill dedicate a couple to u bro "this heres for 9natural9 who cant find no crawfish"

$uperman is offline Member
    i just had a big ass crawfish boil... boiled like 200lbs of crawfish , i had the family over , some ladies , the baseball team , neighbors. it was a great way to start off crawfish season

wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    Perfect scene ........ 2 Kegs on ice (one close to the cookers, one close to the tables) 3 water troughs (being used for purging) enough toneys to sink a boat, and abunch of family and friends. Gotta get the juice on your clothes, can't touch anything for all the crap on your hands. Only way it could get any better would be for the Texas Bikini Team to drop by.....

Thats it crawfish boil at my place sat night.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i was born and raised in plaquemine, louisiana. i cant remember the first time i ate a crawfish. still here in texas i eat them all the time.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Damn it, I have to stop reading about food when I'm hungry!!! Crawfish are awesome!

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Man I live in the heart of Crawfish country.. I eat crawfish every friday during lent and all during the season, I wonder what the nutricianal value of Crawfish are? I am sure they have alot of protein.. with all the seasonings we use, I am sure it has alot of sodium too... oh well, still good.. I eat the hell out of them, but I am a fellow Laian.. soooo that don't count

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    HELL YEAH!! I was talking about a crawfish boil not 2 hours ago. I better get some crawfish by Friday night or I will not be happy. I love my crawfish!!!!!!

Originally posted by Neo
    Damn it, I have to stop reading about food when I'm hungry!!! Crawfish are awesome!
    you've tried crawfish all the way in boston ?

Wow,
    I never knew there were so many boys on the board from "the boot". I thought everyone lived in Canada.

Superman - I was just in the big easy for the St. Patty's Day parade. I get down there about once a month. I'll have to hook up with you in the quarter some time.

Big Kev - I would have never taken you for a river rat. J/K. I bet you went to St. Johns too.

To all you other cajun boys "Laisez bon temps rouler!!"

Enjoy your crawfish

Neo
    Originally posted by $uperman

Of course! There not too common up here in "Beantown" but I've done a lot of traveling. When I get a chance to have them, I do myself proud.

Originally posted by Deadend
    Wow,
    I never knew there were so many boys on the board from "the boot". I thought everyone lived in Canada.

Superman - I was just in the big easy for the St. Patty's Day parade. I get down there about once a month. I'll have to hook up with you in the quarter some time.

Big Kev - I would have never taken you for a river rat. J/K. I bet you went to St. Johns too.

To all you other cajun boys "Laisez bon temps rouler!!"

Enjoy your crawfish

laisez les bon temps rouler!=let the good times roll!

yep, st. john high school!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by $uperman

Are you kidding We have crawfish all the way out here in Ca. I love crawfish. There is actually a hatchery close to my house. I wish I could raid that one night. Im sure its better in the south but

Originally posted by KeyMastur

oh I love suckin some head !
    Say what Im sure its a sothern thing but It just sounds funny

nothing is better than spillway crawfish straight out of the atchafalaya basin. i grew up right in the middle of it. my grandfather and my father crawfished for a living when i was a kid.

Jenna is offline Female Member
    I love crawfish! Especially when they're all hot and spicy!! I've been invited to a couple of HUGE crawfish boils in May (500 lbs. of crawfish)! I'll be there for sure!

Tons of fun and crawfish !!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    crwfish? are they not like mini lobsters or something??? Us canadians get lobster but no crawfish

Jenna is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by eye_candy
    crwfish? are they not like mini lobsters or something??? Us canadians get lobster but no crawfish
    Well, lobster are BY FAR a better "bug" !! BY FAR. Crawfish are for us folk that can't always afford lobster!! LOL

They're "mudbugs" - that's their nickname because they eat sh*t off the bottom of ditches and stuff.......

But, they're cool for partying and drinking! Not for a meal though. For a meal, I'd much rather have my date take me out for LOBSTER than MUDBUGS!!!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

lol got it, well lobster are bottom feeders too, but where i live it's world famous, not uncommon to got get a 4-6 er..... but the smaller one are usually better eating.... last season they were running about 8 something per lbs.. so not a cheap meal....but very very good......damn diet now i will be day dreaming all day about lobster dripped in garlic butter, w/ nice cold beer... yeserday i was thinking about pizza all day..... over weekend (easter) i was drooling from the smell of all the cloc.. the kids were eating..... 16 days and counting...LOL

ive tried lobster and crawfish... i have to say crawfish have a much better taste , my opinion. i wish they had like 5lb crawfish , that would be awsome.

lobster? who wants to pay 15 dollars for a big rubbery crawfish? i could eat crawfish at every meal. hell, when i was younger , during crawfish season i did. lobster better than crawfish? abso-f*cking-lutely not....

eye candy, after your show brother, make a trip down this way and i will send you home 20lbs heavier! all of it crawfish!

Neo
    Originally posted by bigkev
    lobster? who wants to pay 15 dollars for a big rubbery crawfish?
    My parents have a place up in Maine. They get lobster right from the lobstermen and end up paying like 3 or 4 bucks a pound. But 250+ miles south in Boston, they are 4x as much!!!!

Its kinda hard to get crawfish up here. Now after reading this thread, I'm craving them! Anybody want to ship me some?

Seriously,
    If any of you guys are gonna be traveling this spring/summer to southern Louisiana (or any time of the year for that matter) drop me line. I would like to meet some AR brother's in person and I'll hook you up with all crawfish you can eat.

BigKev - Are you coming back to your hometown this summer?

bigkev the lobster you get there and what have here don't compare, i have had stuff from Fl i think no taste no nothing... but i have never had crawfish so can't really comment.

So that is how you stay lean and grow, crawfish.........

crawfish is my secret weapon bro!!!!

DE,
    i dont get out to plaquemine much anymore, but my maw-maw lives in lake charles and i am there all of the time. i moved from plaq. 10-11 years ago, and went to hammond where i stayed until i moved here 1 1/2 years ago.

Fish is offline Junior Member
    I'm use to live in Lake Charles and currently live about 40 miles away from there. It's cool some of you guys are around here.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse

Re: Have you ever eaten boiled crawfish before?

I live in Louisiana and it's crawfish season right now. So about every other weekend we have "crawfish boils". I love crawfish and don't know a single person who doesn't. But I realized that it is not eaten and appreciated everywhere so I'm wondering how many of you share my love for crawfish. Post away.
    I wish NOBODY liked them. Then there would be more for ME!

Originally posted by Fish
    I'm use to live in Lake Charles and currently live about 40 miles away from there. It's cool some of you guys are around here.
    300 block of Bourbon Street, here, but working on the West Bank right now.

You live on Bourbon St? No shit huh. Well I'm definetly coming to pay you a visit my boy.

You live on Bourbon St? No shit huh. Well I'm definetly coming to pay you a visit my boy.
    Yup. Across the street from the Royal Sonesta.

Believe it or not, the lustre wears off. I actually don't party much at all, but my place is VERY quiet and secluded. On the courtyard, 3rd floor. Windows and doors all on courtyard-side balcony. Nothing street-side, and gated access. I love it even though it is a dump.

I can show you around some time, but as long as I am eating dbol I won't be drinking anything stronger than bottled water! Also I am never home on Monday through Wednesday. Sometimes my GF's monopolize my weekends and things can get pretty strange if you aren't used to the quarter scene. The big plus is NOBODY here gives me or my GF's any crap about our little idiosyncracies. Wierdness rules! Well, the tourists and college kids sometimes do, when they have an audience, but they are pretty easy to frighten away.

wolfman is offline New Member
    Do I eat boiled crawfish? OF COURSE! It would be gross to eat them RAW!:confusion
    I spent a few years in LA and deep east TX.

damn bro, i spent alot of time there. i lived in hammond for 5-6 years and worked security at 735( the club on bourbon) for quite a while, worked alot in fat city in meterie at escapades and kennys key west and also worked the door at tonix a few mardi gras' ago.

and you are right, the partying does get old quick when you live there. when you are sober the bad things shine through. there is no in between with partying on bourbon. you either have a really great time, or, a really bad time.

Originally posted by The Baron

300 block of Bourbon Street, here, but working on the West Bank right now.

I always wondered something about the people who live in the quarter. Where the hell do you park at? And how do you manage shit like Mardi Gras, and the this year's Superbowl?

BTW - they just closed my favortie Bourbon St. restaurant, Patou's. I loved that place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information