I just came back from So.Cal - Venice >MuscleBeach<

So I thought Muscle beach was only for the Perfect Bods. I was wrong.

I was in LA this last weekend, originally for disneyland with the lady,(btw disneyland is a SCAM when it comes to ticket prices etc..) we then went around santamonica,beverly hills, hollywood, cut through inglewood off highway 5 on slauson rd.(thought it was GHETTO fresh) to get to venice. So anyhow, Amazingly it only cost 5$ for an all day pass at MB?! But one thing that sucked was, I expected to see some impressive bods. To my suprise, there was a fat pig working out with what looked like a milkshake in the covered garage portion of the gym. Nothing impressive.......I guess I came at the wrong time

BUSY HUH?

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Was that pick taken on a week day. I thought that place would be jumping.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i would be out there if i lived there

I have always heard not to get your hopes up when it comes to MB

Alex

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    you gotta go there on saturday and then its jumpin - but now its so prettified since they redid everything - it used to be a pretty run down piece of crap witha short chain link fence around it - with 30 year old equipment - but there was a lot of iron, a LOT of iron - and the guys that came there were some pretty big mofos, some of them - but now most of the pros work out at the powerhouse or golds thats not too far down - at least when I was there some years ago

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    you gotta go there on saturday and then its jumpin - but now its so prettified since they redid everything - it used to be a pretty run down piece of crap witha short chain link fence around it - with 30 year old equipment - but there was a lot of iron, a LOT of iron - and the guys that came there were some pretty big mofos, some of them - but now most of the pros work out at the powerhouse or golds thats not too far down - at least when I was there some years ago

this was taken on a sunday....prettified, yes.

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    All I have to say is wow. I can't iamgine having a gym outside. That's insane! Must have beautiful weather out there.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    i cant see a squat rack

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    i cant see a squat rack
    \

Me either

clhp20 is offline Member
    that chick in the white pants and blue shirt looks pretty hot,

No offence intended if that is your woman...

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clhp20
    that chick in the white pants and blue shirt looks pretty hot,

No offence intended if that is your woman...
    nice catch

What happens when it rains?

You guys are so funny!

It used to be a hole and all the big boys were out playin. I won my first Bench comp there at 17. Since they have tried to clean the place up and it got so very touristy, most of the boys train (as was said before right down the street) where all the "big boys" are.

If it rains nothing happens, it just rains. It only rains a handful of days a year anyway.

The outside area is a showboat area. You will rarely if ever see anyone really traing legs, deads, etc.....

BTW. To play a decent 18 holes of gold costs a hundred dollars. So how does $60. for Disneyland be a rip???? My 5 year old smiles all day when she is their. That is pricesless.

my .02

Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    BTW. To play a decent 18 holes of gold costs a hundred dollars. So how does $60. for Disneyland be a rip???? My 5 year old smiles all day when she is their. That is pricesless.

my .02
    aww that's cute

I don't tihnk it's much of a ripoff at all. I remember going there as a young kid and loving it. The memories are still with me to this day.

awww...

GQSuperman is offline Banned

yeah

but on a golf course you can smuggle in beer. at disney, they hit you up for $60 to get it, then 7$ for a coke, 5$ for a popcorn, 25$ for a shirt etc etc. by the end of the day your well over the $100 for a round of golf (plus, you get a cart when you golf and dont' have to walk 10 miles on pavement in the heat).

Quote Originally Posted by GQSuperman
    but on a golf course you can smuggle in beer. at disney, they hit you up for $60 to get it, then 7$ for a coke, 5$ for a popcorn, 25$ for a shirt etc etc. by the end of the day your well over the $100 for a round of golf (plus, you get a cart when you golf and dont' have to walk 10 miles on pavement in the heat).

my point exactly..... too though I went with my girlfriend, (no not that old tramp in the pic) My bad was that I booked a hotel and tix the WEEK I WAS GOIN...... BAD MISTAKE! Disney land was fun though

AWE

Thread Information