lxorl is offline Associate Member

siris radio-- investing

anyone know anything on this comapny? i was thinking of puttin s ome money on it. its only 3$ right now. anyone else invest in siris as of now?

I am new to investing so any input would be great...

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    xm is a better product in my opinion.
    -Cy

and you are baseing this on what? sirsi is over 20$ cheaper right now... i am looking as an investment standpoint... not which i would rather have in my car right this minute.

Quote Originally Posted by IronCy
    xm is a better product in my opinion.
    -Cy

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    pm da bull.. or check out the investing thread..

jbol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lxorl
    anyone know anything on this comapny? i was thinking of puttin s ome money on it. its only 3$ right now. anyone else invest in siris as of now?

the stock was substantially cheaper before the new year,it really ran up after new years day........however i did buy another 200+ shares at $3.00 a share last week...........all in all i think its a good investment

I think it will probably be worth while down the line as well... it may take a few years before it really makes any money, but dont most new companies fall into that boat as well. I could see me buying it at 3$ today and it go down to 1.50$ in a few month, but longterm i think it may be up in the 20-30$ range .... I was thinking of buying 1000 shares

Quote Originally Posted by jbol
    the stock was substantially cheaper before the new year,it really ran up after new years day........however i did buy another 200+ shares at $3.00 a share last week...........all in all i think its a good investment

mass junkie is offline banned
    I bought it at 1.19 share a few months back on the advice of dabull.......Ive made a quick few thousand so far ......its only gonna keep going up guys.....as more and more vehicles come standardly equipped with the technology

another of my thoughts..... my question is should i just get in now, or sit and hope for a drop and try and pick up some extra shares?

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I bought it at 1.19 share a few months back on the advice of dabull.......Ive made a quick few thousand so far ......its only gonna keep going up guys.....as more and more vehicles come standardly equipped with the technology

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus
    yea bro ive had it since it was a penny stock. i think they are gaining a little gound on XM.

another of my thoughts..... my question is should i just get in now, or sit and hope for a drop and try and pick up some extra shares?
    If I knew the answer to that...........We'd all be rich...

lol... i guess..... since im not trying to day trade it, im guessing it doesnt really matter on if i get it for 3$ or 2.25$.... im looking for the 5-10year and hoping for it to go from 3$ toward 30$

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    If I knew the answer to that...........We'd all be rich...

lol... i guess..... since im not trying to day trade it, im guessing it doesnt really matter on if i get it for 3$ or 2.25$.... im looking for the 5-10year and hoping for it to go from 3$ toward 30$
    Well good luck..... and keep an eye on what the actual company is doing

anyone have any other stocks worth giving a look at??

sirius

yea i like sirius and all but they have way too many outstanding shares.
    i like swyc,pyxp and ortn

I just talked to my broker and he had the same issue with the outstand shares..... I am so indecisive I never get anything done. They are a new company so isnt it normal to have outstanding shares and be in debt at this point of the game??

Quote Originally Posted by DF2003
    yea i like sirius and all but they have way too many outstanding shares.
    i like swyc,pyxp and ortn

Stea7jjdyEddie is offline Associate Member
    Can someone point me to the investing thread.....I am busy at work but want to ready about what you guys have to say about investing........

lxori

check out those others i mentioned! i bought swyc at .28 about a month ago and now i think is around .65

hec

hec also

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I got a couple blocks of Sirius (SIRI) - hoping it will take off with Howard going on air for the first time uncensored in January - and since the start of this thread, they have got a lot of good contracts going for the company. Right now it is selling at 5.51 after taking a drop last month... any predictions on it for this winter?

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    im curious myself. i have a friend with alot of money in them. i do know a couple months ago it hit 9 bucks for a day or 2. you should do well later this year. good luck.

I don't know much about sirius, except that for some reason the canadian federal regulators (Industry Canada) here are blocking and not issueing it's broadcasting permits in Canada...

We're not a very big market, but I guess every little bit counts...

Red

There are soo many better buys than SIRI!!!

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i bought sirius as well

i bought it i have to say like october....i'm looking toward 2006 and beyond with it. now with direct tv possible going into sat radio and a possible buyout that i keep hearing about from time to time with sirius we'll see. i bought it for i want to say....about $2 and change which , yes, i got in late with it as alot of people bought it pennies, but we'll see.

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    i don't know about the investing part about it but i am getting it for my truck since my dvd/tv is sirius satellite ready.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    i bought it i have to say like october....i'm looking toward 2006 and beyond with it. now with direct tv possible going into sat radio and a possible buyout that i keep hearing about from time to time with sirius we'll see. i bought it for i want to say....about $2 and change which , yes, i got in late with it as alot of people bought it pennies, but we'll see.
    Bought out by XM? The prospectus mentioned only two licenses issued by the FCC - one for XM and the other went to Sirius...

But satelite radio as an industry is going to be huge - television left analog a long time ago - radio is now following, finally...

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i had heard some months back

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Bought out by XM? The prospectus mentioned only two licenses issued by the FCC - one for XM and the other went to Sirius...

But satelite radio as an industry is going to be huge - television left analog a long time ago - radio is now following, finally...
    that viacom was buying sirius possibly. i could be wrong, but i thought that was what i read. i know that i read that sirius was worried in their thinking of overpaying stern on that contract. although i haven't spent alot of time looking into much more since i bought it, but i have heard alot of "possiblities" here and there.

Thread Information