Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member

Yet another shooting rampage.

http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjo...lyrampage.html

Deadly rampage
    Gunman caught after foot chase; faces murder, carjacking charges
    By MIKE CHALMERS / The News Journal
    04/08/2005

Every morning, Jamell Weston walked his 6-year-old nephew to the bus stop at Carvel Gardens apartments in Laurel. Thursday wasn't any different.

Then the bright spring day turned tragic for Weston.

A gunman, wearing a bulletproof vest and carrying several clips of ammunition, fatally shot him and injured another man outside the apartment complex, beginning about an hour of terror. When it was finally over, a minister was dead and three others were wounded. The spree targeted motorists, forced the region's schools to lock students inside their classrooms and panicked parents in two states.

The gunman was captured after a foot chase in a Salisbury, Md., neighborhood. Police identified the suspect as 22-year-old Allison Lamont Norman of Seaford, who has a criminal history ranging from disorderly conduct to drug use to weapons charges.

Maryland authorities charged him Thursday with first-degree murder, carjacking and a series of handgun violations. He is being held without bail at Wicomico County Detention Center. Delaware officials said they would charge Norman when he is extradited to Delaware.

On Wednesday, Norman was supposed to appear in Wicomico County Circuit Court on a weapons charge but he failed to show up, said his attorney, Purcell S. Luke, of Salisbury. A bench warrant was issued for his arrest. Authorities said they know Norman spent that night at a Laurel apartment complex where the first victim lived, because he was involved in a domestic dispute.

But a day later, police still were trying to piece together the details of what sparked the shooting spree. "It appears all the shootings were random," said Wicomico County, Md., Sheriff R.H. Nelms.

What they do know is that during the hourlong rampage, the suspect held an elderly Salisbury couple hostage in their home, shot two pit bulls and took a third with him when he carjacked, then killed, his last victim.

Moments before he was caught, a Salisbury woman heard the suspect yell out his name and ask for help. "They're trying to kill me," he screamed. "My name is Lamont Norman. I'm from Seaford, Delaware. I didn't do nothing!"

"I can't believe he's doing the things they say he did," said Norman's girlfriend Ashley Dean, 18, of Seaford.

In a letter to Sussex County Superior Court Judge T. Henley Graves last year, Norman's mother, Alice Stanford, claimed, "He doesn't even own a gun."

Though many details remain unclear, accounts by police, witnesses and victims' families paint a timeline of the shooting spree. The day's events began unfolding a little before 8 a.m., when Jamell Weston walked his nephew to the bus stop. According to those accounts:

8 a.m., Laurel

Jamell Weston, 24, and his mother, Iris, have lived in the Carvel Gardens apartment complex for about five years.

After Jamell took his nephew to the bus stop, he walked back to his apartment to get the boy a jacket and returned to give it to the kindergartner, who got on the bus to North Laurel Elementary School.

That's when Sierra Doughty, 18, heard five gunshots.

"I thought someone was just playing with a gun," Doughty said. "Then I heard people screaming that someone was shot. I ran out the door and saw [Weston]."

Another bullet hit Marcus Cannon, 18, in the arm, leaving a minor wound.

Weston wasn't that lucky. Someone ran to tell Iris Weston that her son had collapsed. "They didn't tell me he was shot," Weston said. "I went up to him and saw the blood."

Doughty said Weston "was sort of walking, stumbling back. People told him to sit down, so he sat against a car and died."

Weston and neighbors don't think Jamell was targeted.

"It had to be a mistake, because he was somebody who was innocent," neighbor Datiana Reynoso said. "He was a nice guy. He didn't hurt nobody."

As fear and confusion spread, schools in Laurel, Delmar and Wicomico County, Md., locked students inside.

"The first instinct that came to my mind was to pick them up," said Melissa Brown, who has two children in the Laurel School District.

"They really didn't know what was going on," said parent Beverly Horner of Salisbury.

8:14 a.m., Laurel

About that time, Cedrick Harris, 43, of Bridgeville, walked out of his girlfriend's apartment to his black 2003 Ford Focus. He wanted to get quarters for the laundry machine. He left the keys in the car.

"When I went back a few minutes later, my car was gone," said Harris, who watched as the suspect sped away.

Within minutes of the shooting, police arrived, and Harris told them he thought the gunman might have stolen his car.

Norman had his young daughter with him. Police aren't certain how, but the girl eventually ended up at school.

Next, Norman drove to Discountland, a strip mall housing a nail salon, a church and Tyndall's Casual Furniture.

Anthony White, 45, of Seaford, had just dropped off his truck at Bob's Speed Shop on U.S. 13. A man pulled up in a Ford Focus and asked him if he needed a ride.

"Are you going to Seaford?" White asked.

The man pulled out a gun and shot him in the leg and stomach. White left a trail of blood across the parking lot as he dragged himself about 70 yards from a set of mailboxes to a green GMC pickup truck. After police and paramedics arrived, White was airlifted to Peninsula Regional Medical Center in Salisbury, Md., where he was in stable condition Thursday night.

The gunman headed south.

8:38 a.m., Delmar

About five miles south lies Delmar, split by the Delaware-Maryland border. About 1,400 people live on the Delaware side and another 1,900 live in Maryland, separated by Del. 54.

The gunman, driving behind a garbage truck, leaned out the window, yelled at the driver and fired one shot at him, Maryland State police spokesman Greg Shipley said.

The shot missed the driver but shattered a window, tore through a stereo speaker and lodged in the living room wall of a home at 606 State St., where Christina Lowe was asleep on the couch.

"If she'd been sitting up, it would have killed her," said Kenny Everett, Lowe's boyfriend.

She wasn't injured.

The gunman continued south, firing randomly along the way.

Bullets hit several cars, but no one was injured.

8:45 a.m., Salisbury

A few miles down the road, the gunman reached Salisbury, a college town of 24,000 people and the commercial hub of the Eastern Shore.

On Jersey Road, the gunman shot into a van. None of the three people in the van were injured.

On Adventist Drive, students at North Salisbury Elementary School were just beginning classes for the day. The gunman fired as many as four shots into nearby vehicles. One bullet hit Marsha L. Henderson, who lives in the 900 block of Queen St.

She was treated at Peninsula and released.

In a quiet, middle class neighborhood on Nokomis Avenue, the suspect ditched the black Ford Focus and fled on foot, firing shots into four homes. At one home, he shot two pit bulls, killing one and injuring another. He took a third pit bull with him.

After taking his stepdaughter to preschool, DaVondale M. Peters, 28, was on his way home to the 400 block of Truitt St. in his Chevrolet Suburban, when he was assaulted by the gunman. The suspect put the dog in the SUV with Peters, a local minister.

With Peters at the wheel, the two men traveled to the intersection of Miami and Mohawk avenues, where witnesses say they saw the two men arguing. The suspect got out of the Suburban, shot and killed Peters, who was still inside. The out-of-control Suburban crashed into a house on Miami Ave.

No one was injured.

Back on foot, the gunman fired into several more vehicles, striking a white van driven by Carla D. Green, 33, of the 800 block of Miami Ave. A bullet hit Green in the upper torso, and she lost control of the van, which came to rest in the front yard of a home on Booth Street.

Green was in critical condition Thursday night. Green's young daughter, who was with her at the time, was not injured.

9 a.m., Salisbury

"All I heard was pow, pow, pow, pow, pow," said neighbor Michelle Moss, who heard the gunshots.

The suspect then began knocking on doors, trying to get inside one of several townhouses. Moss heard the suspect yell his name and claim someone was trying to kill him.

Kim Barkely said her granddaughter and the girl's other grandmother hit the floor when they heard the gunfire.

The suspect ran inside a townhouse and held an elderly couple hostage for several minutes, before running out of the home and leading Wicomico County sheriff's deputies on a chase. A block later, deputies found him hiding behind a car.

He didn't fight them. He was out of bullets.

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    I don't know what the big deal is, it wasn't him....he said de didn't do it and they were trying to kill him.....

What an a*shole.....

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    **** I hope the police beat him to near death wtf.. PPl who think gun laws are to strict are full of ****

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    asshat

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    **** I hope the police beat him to near death wtf.. PPl who think gun laws are to strict are full of ****
    Let's not go overboard, he could have walked in with a fork and killed people. Are we gonna start banning forks???

Quote Originally Posted by jc3
    Let's not go overboard, he could have walked in with a fork and killed people. Are we gonna start banning forks???
    You aren't going to kill too many people with a fork. Guns are specifically made to kill.

dieseL atC is offline Member
    Yea, that's a pretty sh*tty comparison. Guns ARE a problem in the U.S., you people defend them for hunting and self-protection but those are rarely the cases of them being used. Hunting and self-protection is a perfect reason to own a gun, but sadly, those aren't the ways that guns are being used in the U.S. most of the time.

I agree that gun ownership for those purposes is a good thing, however you don't need a 9mm or Desert Eagle .45. A shotgun is sufficient and hard to conceal.

Illegally owned guns start off as legally purchased guns. Stop handgun ownership and you cut it off at the source. In time the flood of handguns to the streets will slow or completely stop. Then criminals aren't going to walking the streets with concealed guns because it is hard to hide a shotgun in your pants. It would take time, but it would work, and people rarely use handguns in self-defense so even though gun advocates would crap their pants from media induced fear without their gun, it would begin to save alot of innocent childrens lives that die by gunfire. However most gun advocates care more about their right to carry a gun that statistics say they will never have to use to defend themselves than a child's life.

Quote Originally Posted by dieseL atC
    Yea, that's a pretty sh*tty comparison. Guns ARE a problem in the U.S., you people defend them for hunting and self-protection but those are rarely the cases of them being used. Hunting and self-protection is a perfect reason to own a gun, but sadly, those aren't the ways that guns are being used in the U.S. most of the time.

dieseL atC is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I agree that gun ownership for those purposes is a good thing, however you don't need a 9mm or Desert Eagle .45. A shotgun is sufficient and hard to conceal.

Illegally owned guns start off as legally purchased guns. Stop handgun ownership and you cut it off at the source. In time the flood of handguns to the streets will slow or completely stop. Then criminals aren't going to walking the streets with concealed guns because it is hard to hide a shotgun in your pants. It would take time, but it would work, and people rarely use handguns in self-defense so even though gun advocates would crap their pants from media induced fear without their gun, it would begin to save alot of innocent childrens lives that die by gunfire. However most gun advocates care more about their right to carry a gun that statistics say they will never have to use to defend themselves than a child's life.
    I couldn't agree with you more, but I don't hunt nor do I own a gun.. just giving my opinion on the gun control matter. Another question, why is it people like him that always get their hands on the guns so easily, and to use them for the deadliest reasons.

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    I believe the fork thing was out there for a reason. I was saying in no uncertain terms that banning guns is not the answer. More guns are used correctly than any other way. You just don't get to hear about every deer and turkey shot. If you have any knowledge of how a gun works, you can make one in less that half a day. Banning them will do no good. I don't give a sh*t about the statistics either about self defense, I do like to own and carry guns. I enjoy showing and shooting them. I will no more likely give up my guns as you would your gear.

How is this comparison then...

What if the f*cking pscho was to walk into a school with knives taped to his hands and vasoline rubbed over the rest of his body.... There is no real way to restrain this man until someone gets there with a gun and shoots his a*s. Are we going to ban vasoline?

Hope that's a better image for ya......JC

I believe the fork thing was out there for a reason. I was saying in no uncertain terms that banning guns is not the answer. More guns are used correctly than any other way. You just don't get to hear about every deer and turkey shot. If you have any knowledge of how a gun works, you can make one in less that half a day. Banning them will do no good. I don't give a sh*t about the statistics either about self defense, I do like to own and carry guns. I enjoy showing and shooting them. I will no more likely give up my guns as you would your gear.

How is this comparison then...

What if the f*cking pscho was to walk into a school with knives taped to his hands and vasoline rubbed over the rest of his body.... There is no real way to restrain this man until someone gets there with a gun and shoots his a*s. Are we going to ban vasoline?

Hope that's a better image for ya......JC
    I was not saying banning guns, but regulations need to be more strict, and there has to be a crack down on illegaly manufactured guns! There is nooo way that anyone can deny that things have gotten worse in the last couple years, so therefore new regulations need to be made.. 10 years ago there was not a monthly school shooting or mad man on a gun rampage!! A fork can not be thrown from a car through vans and through houses... and no we can't ban vasoline what would gay people do lol

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    the world sucks. makes me not want to ever have kids

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    I was not saying banning guns, but regulations need to be more strict, and there has to be a crack down on illegaly manufactured guns! There is nooo way that anyone can deny that things have gotten worse in the last couple years, so therefore new regulations need to be made.. 10 years ago there was not a monthly school shooting or mad man on a gun rampage!! A fork can not be thrown from a car through vans and through houses... and no we can't ban vasoline what would gay people do lol
    Things are definitely out of control, but blaming guns is the wrong answer IMO. 10 years ago there were just as many guns as today. Even "worse", assault weapons were not even regulated until recently (in the overall scheme of things). Of course I don't believe that assault weapons are any worse that a single shot 4-10. Good lookin' out for the gays with the vasoline comment, maybe we should look at banning vasoline..it could help prevent the spread of aids (another smart a*s comment). But I am sure you get my drift....Guns don't kill people .... Aids does...

Ps...we have had many drive by forking's up here in Michigan..... So there goes that argument...lol

Things are definitely out of control, but blaming guns is the wrong answer IMO. 10 years ago there were just as many guns as today. Even "worse", assault weapons were not even regulated until recently (in the overall scheme of things). Of course I don't believe that assault weapons are any worse that a single shot 4-10. Good lookin' out for the gays with the vasoline comment, maybe we should look at banning vasoline..it could help prevent the spread of aids (another smart a*s comment). But I am sure you get my drift....Guns don't kill people .... Aids does...

Ps...we have had many drive by forking's up here in Michigan..... So there goes that argument...lol
    LMAO I have yet to hear of a drive by forking... no your right there was just as many guns.. But SOMETHING has to be done right.. We can't give everyone a psychological evaluation.. The most effective way to protect the public would be enforcing gun laws.. haha Yea im just looking out for deca , maraxus etc

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet

I just shot myself...

In the left delt with a full 3cc's the other day

It was great shootings rule...

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    does it occur to you that the only person with a gun was the criminal? had that happened in the deep south I guarantee you he would have run ito someone that owuld have been shooting back

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    does it occur to you that the only person with a gun was the criminal? had that happened in the deep south I guarantee you he would have run ito someone that owuld have been shooting back
    exactly

This is true

Didn't happen in Atlanta. As a matter of fact he killed a law enforcement officer.

Stop the legal ownership of handguns and you stop the flow of illegal handguns to the street, and you save children.

When the AK was banned the rate of AK-47 killings dropped signifigantly in a year. Proof that gun control when done properly works.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    now blame the parents!

A country that has no control of his weapons on his territory is not a sovereign nation at all, first thing you learn in politics and mass control!

gixxer600 is offline Member
    People like that should be shot on the spot!!

Thread Information