DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member

**** walmart has everything

http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/07/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Lookin' for a cheap date? Try Wal-Mart
    The food, makeup, underwear is at "Everyday low prices" but a Wal-Mart "date" could be for free.

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Just when you thought you'd heard it all from the king of discount shopping, Wal-Mart is now pitching itself as the new dating hot spot -- with everyday low prices to boot.

In fact, the Bentonville, Ark.-based retailer's been playing Cupid to hundreds of lonely single German shoppers for well over a year now.

According to Amy Wyatt, spokeswoman for the retailer's international operations, Wal-Mart's been running its "Singles Shopping" campaign in all of its 91 stores in Germany.

Here's how its works.

On Friday nights, singles looking for romance, mindless flirting or just a new friend head over to their neighborhood Wal-Mart where they're given a big bright red bow to attach to their shopping cart or shopping basket.

Then it's up to the willing participants to approach one another and take it from there.

But if that's too intimidating, Wal-Mart has set up "flirting points" around the stores stacked with "romantic" merchandise, such as chocolates, wine and cheese, to help with that first awkward step.

Said Wyatt, "The singles night runs for two hours in the evening, from 6 to 8 p.m. every week. Our managers there told us that its been hugely successful and has actually boosted store traffic and sales in a lot of markets in Germany. In some stores we're getting 300 to 400 people taking part every week."

Wal-Mart (Research) feels so good about the idea that the retailer trademarked the "Singles Shopping" slogan in Germany and is also testing it in its stores in Puerto Rico, South Korea and Britain.

Someday, it could even pop up in a few of its U.S. stores. Wyatt said she's been working on her counterparts responsible for Wal-Mart's U.S. operations to actively give it a try, though no firm timetable has been set.

The singles campaign was the brainchild of a few of Wal-Mart's German associates who came up with the concept one day when they overhead a female customer talking about how difficult if was for her to meet interesting single men on a Friday night.

"This was a middle-aged woman who felt she was maybe too old to go to nightclubs,"Wyatt said. "That's pretty much been the theme here where most of the singles are middle-aged to older customers."

"Singles Shopping" isn't the only match-making idea Wal-Mart's trying out. Wyatt said some of the German stores also feature singles bulletin boards with pictures of single men and women who frequently shop at Wal-Mart.

"If you're interested, up can post a picture of yourself with a few details," Wyatt said. "The store gives you your own box kept at the store. If someone is interested, they'll fill out a card with their information and drop it in the box."

How successful has the campaign been?

"We've heard that one couple that met on singles night is now married," Wyatt said.

"Another cute story," she continued, "is of a 74-year-old woman who posted her picture. A 74-year-old man saw it but was nervous to drop his card in her box. So the Wal-Mart associates first got him spruced up at the hairdressers at the Wal-Mart store, took a picture, and posted it on the board. I think the two of them are now seeing each other."

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Wow Wal-Mart will do anything for a buck!!! Sorry asses.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Wonder if the chicks roll back on the first date

Well, I guess if you don't mind boinking the retard greeter at the door at wallymart...

Red

BDTR is offline Retired
    I can't go into wallmart, I always end up buying shotguns anytime i'm in there. Last time I was in there a 20 something year old girl in a wheelchair managed to talk me into buying a shotgun I was looking at while my girlfriend was shopping and i was bored senseless. The sad thing is, this has happened more than once. Now i got a bunch of crappy shotguns and a few pellet guns lol added to my collection.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    **** that **** man i've been in wal-mart and there is not 1 woman in the whole store i would bang.

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos' Nephew
    **** that **** man i've been in wal-mart and there is not 1 woman in the whole store i would bang.
    I agree!!! Now that you mention it.

JSN what is up with those avatars they seem to be taken a turn for the worse.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    I agree!!! Now that you mention it.

JSN what is up with those avatars they seem to be taken a turn for the worse.
    wachoo talkin' 'bout, willis?

this one has chest hair. major improvement.

Stop hating. Wal-mart is the ****! I've been there like at 3am trying to buy some food. Where else can you do that?

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    If I can't find it in Wal-mart, than it does not exist:-)

Thread Information