Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Anyone find that while asleep

you lie on one of your arms and it goes dead? Im always waking up with a numb arm in the middle of the night!

arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    I hate thAT ****!

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    the first time i did that i was prolly 16 and i seriously thought my arm was dead and i was gonna have to get it amputated.

i hate when that happens i try to make real sure i sleep on my back 'cause it used to happen to me almost every night when i was a teenager. ...well so did spontaneous erections so maybe i'm outta the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos' Nephew
    the first time i did that i was prolly 16 and i seriously thought my arm was dead and i was gonna have to get it amputated.

i hate when that happens i try to make real sure i sleep on my back 'cause it used to happen to me almost every night when i was a teenager. ...well so did spontaneous erections so maybe i'm outta the woods.
    Man i still get those!

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    you lie on one of your arms and it goes dead? Im always waking up with a numb arm in the middle of the night!
    did you touch yourself with the numb arm?

"the stranger"

man u ever woke up in the middle of the night and it feels like someone is pinning you down and you can't breath... i thought i was paralysed..
    Its something medical and it happnes like twice in everyones life, something about ur minds awake but ur body isn't and it isn't ready to start functioning..
    but yeh the arm bus the hell outta me i get it like all the time

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Man i still get those!
    i did too until a deca -only cycle! (j/k)
    Last edited by John Stamos' Nephew; 04-09-2005 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    did you touch yourself with the numb arm?

"the stranger"
    never thought about it. Hmm makes you think

Quote Originally Posted by CoRnErBaCk_BlItZ
    man u ever woke up in the middle of the night and it feels like someone is pinning you down and you can't breath... i thought i was paralysed..
    Its something medical and it happnes like twice in everyones life, something about ur minds awake but ur body isn't and it isn't ready to start functioning..
    but yeh the arm bus the hell outta me i get it like all the time
    no that sounds scary!

Called a Lucid Dream
    found this on a site....

A lucid dream is a when we’re awake and alseep—both at the same time. In your case though, you are feeling the paralysis of your body that occurs each night during REM (dreaming) sleep. And it’s not too comfortable a feeling!

Have you ever thought about why we don’t move around in our sleep, and act out all the dreams we have? It’s a good question, because we all move around a lot in our dreams. We run, we jump, we go swimming, we talk with our friends... Just about everything we do in waking life, we do in dreams. (And then some!)

The reason we don’t act out our dreams (get out of bed and go running around...), is because our bodies are paralysed. We think we’re moving in a dream, but all the commands from our brains actually are intercepted before they can reach our bodies—at a place called the “reticular formation”—at the top of our spinal cords.

In your lucid dream, you’re awake in your head, but your body’s still asleep! This is why you feel like something is “holding you down,” and it’s also why you can’t speak when you try to. Your body is paralyzed! The reason why you sometimes can see blue figures in your room, or hear buzzing sounds, is because you’re drifting back and forth between waking and dreaming.

Everyone gets spooked by “sleep paralysis” dreams. The good news about them is that no one has ever been permanently paralysed, and they usually only last about twenty to thirty seconds. In fact, once you get used to them, they can even be kind of fun. If you can concentrate on having some cool dreams while you’re “half awake” and “half asleep,” you’ll be a full fledged lucid dreamer. Awake—inside a body that’s still sleeping!

Called a Lucid Dream
    found this on a site....

A lucid dream is a when we’re awake and alseep—both at the same time. In your case though, you are feeling the paralysis of your body that occurs each night during REM (dreaming) sleep. And it’s not too comfortable a feeling!

Have you ever thought about why we don’t move around in our sleep, and act out all the dreams we have? It’s a good question, because we all move around a lot in our dreams. We run, we jump, we go swimming, we talk with our friends... Just about everything we do in waking life, we do in dreams. (And then some!)

The reason we don’t act out our dreams (get out of bed and go running around...), is because our bodies are paralysed. We think we’re moving in a dream, but all the commands from our brains actually are intercepted before they can reach our bodies—at a place called the “reticular formation”—at the top of our spinal cords.

In your lucid dream, you’re awake in your head, but your body’s still asleep! This is why you feel like something is “holding you down,” and it’s also why you can’t speak when you try to. Your body is paralyzed! The reason why you sometimes can see blue figures in your room, or hear buzzing sounds, is because you’re drifting back and forth between waking and dreaming.

Everyone gets spooked by “sleep paralysis” dreams. The good news about them is that no one has ever been permanently paralysed, and they usually only last about twenty to thirty seconds. In fact, once you get used to them, they can even be kind of fun. If you can concentrate on having some cool dreams while you’re “half awake” and “half asleep,” you’ll be a full fledged lucid dreamer. Awake—inside a body that’s still sleeping!
    Ill try and imagine getting a blowjob from some hottie should that ever happen then.

Funny thing, Vanilla sky was just on and they were talking about him being in a lucid dream.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Yep I had one of those. What made it particular scary was I dreamth I was being physically restrained. Then I woke up staring at the ceiling thinking Jc thank god that was just a dream, I'll just nip down stairs for a drink of water.

I went to get up but it was like I was stuck to the bed. I had to keep saying to myself it was just a dream move arm move. It was quite a relief when I was finally able to get up.

Called a Lucid Dream
    found this on a site....

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it is really freaky, I couldn't move my arm at all.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    my left one slides out~

zuke is offline Member
    i have lucid dreams quite often. it really sucks because whenever i have them, i am awake but i can't move and beine paranoid already, i always think that someone is trying to break into my house. i keep a gun close by at all times (back to the paranoid thing), but i can't move so the **** thing does me no good.

i have actually had a girl next to me and could hear her breathing...

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    What about when u wake up 15-20 times in the night, each time dreaming but falling back to sleep almost immediately. The fact that you've been dreaming the whole time (it seems like that anyway) make you think you've been under longer than you have then u look at your watch and only 20-30 mins have. Has happened too me maybe 15-20 times in the last few years. Weird thing is I am always super refreshed the following day when I get up. Would this be categorized as lucid dreaming as well.

Thread Information