legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor

Need Car Help!!!

I have a 2004 SRT4. only mod i have done to it is a turbo xs BOV which makes about 10-20 plus horsepower, (sarcasm) . anywyas, i ordered an AGP 50 trim turbo kit with an AGP 3" COI. i also have a 3 inch exhaust coming, and a mopar stage 2 turbo upgrade, no turbo toys though. the biggest thing that i was thinking of doing was transferring the old FWD to either a RWD or AWD. Is this possible, and if so, how much time/money would be involved?

please dont flame me, i just think it would be sweet to be one of the first with this set up!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    it would be very expensive, if possible. also it would be very hard on the clutch and trany. i would rather do a new front mount, and put a chip in.

what would the chip and im guess FMI have to do with traction? when you surpass 300 horses, its hard to keep traction on a FWD car

bump

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    There is no reason to go AWD or RWD I have heard of those little shiiit boxes running in the 12's which is pretty **** fast for a 4 banger, it would cost so much to switch drivetrains what would be the point? I cant wait to run one of those wanna be rice burners with my new 05 GT. I have some posts over at www.corral.net about my car ,same name as on here.... I plan on running atleast 12.6 @ 107mph when I drive to the track next week.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by legobricks
    what would the chip and im guess FMI have to do with traction? when you surpass 300 horses, its hard to keep traction on a FWD car
    yeah but when all u have is exhaust and a turbo, u should think about being able to tune ur car, with the chip. and the front mount will put the turbo to use alot more.

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    My car is making a hair over 350hp at the engine and I have NO traction problems, Just upgrade your suspension and of course sticky tires. I am running drag radials which are VERY sticky.

garfunkel is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by garfunkel; 05-03-2010 at 07:57 AM.

Thread Information