Tags is offline Associate Member

Exclamation HELP!! Talking my dad out of colossal mistake

Guys, I've tried to talk my dad out of buying a 2000 v6 mustang... He's always been a v8 fanatic, but now he's going to buy his first mustang... with a F V C K I N G v6... I tried to explain to him all the reasons the gt model is better over the v8

Not only do you get about the same gas mileage, upgraded handling, that oh so loveable v8 sound, etc... But he won't listen... he has 8 cars all v8's... WTF... Plz try and post reasons why he should just get the gt model... And make it fast he has put a refundable deposit on this v6 model I told him not to buy just yet... PLZ help me get him out of this horrible situation...

Help... Please...

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Sadly, I see that along with the lower test levels of growing older, his testes have also been removed ........

Man, my dad is dissapointing me... As a kid my dad used to always say "I'll never buy anything without a good ol v8", and I have always been a v8 fanatic... WTF IS UP WITH THIS????

Quote Originally Posted by Tags
    Man, my dad is dissapointing me... As a kid my dad used to always say "I'll never buy anything without a good ol v8", and I have always been a v8 fanatic... WTF IS UP WITH THIS????
    I like some engines other than V8s... for isntance, I own a vehicle with a supercharged and intercooled V6, but, at his age, (with the $ he's about to spend) he had better get a Cobra!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    I like some engines other than V8s... for isntance, I own a vehicle with a supercharged and intercooled V6, but, at his age, (with the $ he's about to spend) he had better get a Cobra!
    With my dad money is not a problem... I don't understand his thinking...

With my dad money is not a problem... I don't understand his thinking...
    Tell him to get an '03-'04 Cobra...

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    well if money isnt an issue, buy my cavalier

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    The new Mustang GT's they have now with the V8's are SWEEEEEETTTT!!!!!

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    hey bro, i got a 98 v6 (same basic model as the '00)... don't do it. trust me. i told myself if i ever got a stang i'd never go the v6, but my uncle bought me this car so i wasn't gonna be like "no, that's not good enough" (i'm 19). but seriously, drivin my v6 i feel like a piece of sh!t poser wannabe type guy. no offense to anybody else here who may have one. but i personally, with a gt, would feel much more comfortable and much better. especially when you get the nice sound comin from the dual exhaust. after you buy the V8 you should put new headers on there (and if money really is no issue whatsoever, go with the '00 cobra... be even sweeter).

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    well, talk him both out, the mustang and the v6

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Tell him to get an '03-'04 Cobra...
    the baddest car on the road for under 35k. period

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    ive got a 95 V6 stang

but i paid 3000$ CAN for it... A1 condition and 130000km

still a friggin slow piece of crap..

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    V6 Stang eh... I dont understand..He might as well buy a 4 cyl!! Personally I laugh at people with v6 stang or camaros, Don't see the point

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    I've always felt that a Mustang with anything other than a V8 simply isn't a Mustang. What's the point in owning an American muscle car with no muscle?

zuke is offline Member
    tell him that he might as well buy a pt cruiser

clhp20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    I've always felt that a Mustang with anything other than a V8 simply isn't a Mustang. What's the point in owning an American muscle car with no muscle?
    Agreed, I mean shyt, that's like buying a corvette with a 4 cylinder. Buying a Cadillac without leather and power everything.

Do you happen to know why he picked this car? there has to be some reason for his thinking.

I am not a ford lover or even friend, so i would tell him to by a SLP z28, and if money is no option then go and get a Lingenfelter motor for it.

Or better yet he could get the Lingenfelter 25th commemorative C6 Corvette

725Hp Twin turbo intercooled 427 CID

http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_cor_c6_427.htm

Holy Fricken Shyt I just saw this on his site also, A 510 Bhp Cadillac CTS Big Blocks fricken Rule
    Last edited by clhp20; 04-12-2005 at 08:20 AM.

Sta11ion is offline Member
    V6 mustang, is a shame to have.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    omg i can't read much more. why the hell would he go with a v6 the car is too heavy u need a v8

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz56
    (and if money really is no issue whatsoever, go with the '00 cobra... be even sweeter).
    They didn't make a 2000 Cobra, only a Cobra R for that year......

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    They didn't make a 2000 Cobra, only a Cobra R for that year......
    wtf? wow... i did not know that! was that just one year they didn't, or do they only make cobras every 4 years or somethin like a leap year? wtf is goin on?? no, but seriously... do they only make cobra's every certain number of years or what?

wtf? wow... i did not know that! was that just one year they didn't, or do they only make cobras every 4 years or somethin like a leap year? wtf is goin on?? no, but seriously... do they only make cobra's every certain number of years or what?
    Basically, they didn't make the 2000 Cobra because of an engineering, and HP estimation fukk up..

In the previous model year, they used poor CH designs, and overshot the HP estimate by about ~35-40hp or so....

They had to recall the Cobras, and fix the problem (heads).... which cost them BIG dollars... and decided it was best to axe the release of 2000 Cobra's..

They decided upon only releasing the limited edition race-ready Cobra R instead, with a 385hp 5.4L...

Now onto Cobra history:

To actually go back in time, there was a '79 Mustang Cobra, but, a totally different breed altogether.. just don't want anyone throwing that back in my face later lol.....

The Ford SVT was formed in '92, and the first 1993 Mustang Cobra was built on December 17th of '92.

Anyways, they produced 93 Cobras & Cobra R's, 94 Cobras, 95 Cobras & Cobra R's, 96 Cobras, 97 Cobras, 98 Cobras, 99 Cobras, 00 Cobra R's, 01 Cobras, 02 Cobra's, 03 Cobra's, and 04 Cobra's.

In 2002, only a few Cobra's were made, and were basically unavailable to us. They were shipped to Australia, and converted to RHD as well...

You're going to sh!t yourself when the Shelby Cobra GT500 comes out. It'll be available in Fall '06 as a 2007 model.

Hope that clears it up for ya.
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 04-12-2005 at 05:43 PM.

FVCK..FVCK..FVCK...FVCKFVCKFVCKFVCKFVCKFVCK

He bought it... DAMIT!!!! OMG... and he said it wasn't for him because I know he loves v8's... and wtf is the point of getting a pony car without a freakin v8??? He better not of bought that pos for me because I will just sell that...

Me, I love my 87 5.0 cougar.... v8 power baby!!!!

But... FVCK I'm sooooo pissed at my dad...

That's beyond ghey. My condolensces. Are you going to donate his testes to medical research now that they have been removed?

I like the old fox-body Cougars/T-birds too..

I've got a MN12 myself...

I like the mn12 looks a tad better than the fox body cougar wise that is... But it's easier to mod up the fox body and I have grown to like the fox body soo much now... Planning on getting an 89-93 stang for my next car...

zuke is offline Member
    you should have been slipping gear into his cereal every morning. no man with any amount of test in his system would buy a v6 mustang

I like the mn12 looks a tad better than the fox body cougar wise that is... But it's easier to mod up the fox body and I have grown to like the fox body soo much now... Planning on getting an 89-93 stang for my next car...
    Cool...

If it were me, I'd stick with the cougar. Stangs are like assholes..... everyone's got one. Be different!

I plan on finishing my SC in the next 16+months depending on funds... parked her in the garage for the last time til I restore her. Blown small block to come when the $ does....

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    You're going to sh!t yourself when the Shelby Cobra GT500 comes out. It'll be available in Fall '06 as a 2007 model.

Hope that clears it up for ya.
    yeah bro. thanks for all the info. and i've already seen the new cobra's... one of the sickest cars i've seen in a long while. you can go to www.ford.com and they should have a link to some auto show where the new shelby was first shown. they're just amazing.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    here's the link to check out the new shelby's... it wasn't on the ford website anymore.
    http://www.autoweek.com/files/specia...ng/pages/1.htm

I'm a member of SAE, but thanks for the links anyways bro, I appreciate it ...

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    **** blown, thats alota info

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    I'm a member of SAE, but thanks for the links anyways bro, I appreciate it ...
    well since u're the one that said i was gonna love the new shelby's i figured you already saw 'em. i was throwin it out there for anybody else. but yeah, u're welcome. i actually was lookin for myself but decided to let anybody else check it out if they wanted (i'm trying the nice guy approach for the evening)

well since u're the one that said i was gonna love the new shelby's i figured you already saw 'em. i was throwin it out there for anybody else. but yeah, u're welcome. i actually was lookin for myself but decided to let anybody else check it out if they wanted (i'm trying the nice guy approach for the evening)
    That would be why I thanked you................. kind sir....

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    That would be why I thanked you................. kind sir....
    much luv brutha!!

Thread Information