Thread: Sky Dive

31uniform is offline Associate Member

Sky Dive

Anyone here been sky diving? i did my first tandom over the weekend it was fvckin pissa! it was a 50 second free-fall at 120 miles per hour. pretty insane. im thinkin about jumpin on my own. i believe you just have to get jump certified and just buy the gear and you can go any time. not bad.

clhp20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 31uniform
    Anyone here been sky diving? i did my first tandom over the weekend it was fvckin pissa! it was a 50 second free-fall at 120 miles per hour. pretty insane. im thinkin about jumpin on my own. i believe you just have to get jump certified and just buy the gear and you can go any time. not bad.

I have always wanted too, but was to much of a pussy. I did however bungee jump at a State Fair in Sacromento. It was 150 feet, Look like it was 150,000 feet though. It was located right next to the beer gardens, and a large pond. Ppl sat all around it watching the jumpers.

I just can't see dying that way. I am a risk taker, just not a risk taker with my life.

P.S. I only bungee jumped cause this fine ass girl put me up to it.. Long story really, but the short version. She asked if i would do it, i said yeah but i wouldn't pay for it. a week later we walked by it again, and again she asked that same question, This time she had a reply, Here's the money, do it now !!!

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clhp20
    P.S. I only bungee jumped cause this fine ass girl put me up to it.. Long story really, but the short version. She asked if i would do it, i said yeah but i wouldn't pay for it. a week later we walked by it again, and again she asked that same question, This time she had a reply, Here's the money, do it now !!!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I love the ground too much.

~SC~

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by clhp20
    You should have pushed for a blow job!.

clhp20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    You should have pushed for a blow job!.

I could of gotten it too, We used to take our lunches and breaks together, Her ol man worked there also. but i didn't give a ****. The last day that we were there, we were making out where all the trailers are. Man she was awesome now that i think back on that moment.

brb, gotta go rub one off..

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't even like flying let alone jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. Plus I think it's a really dumb way to die. It's not like you ran into a burning building to save some kids. You jumped from a plane with nothing but a napsack filled with a big sheet and some rope. It's like rock climbers, "Oh no, he fell off a mountain and died, how tragic." Not tragic, dumb. Dumb and inevitable. Sorry just my opinion.

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    I don't even like flying let alone jumping out of a perfectly good airplane

I agree COMPLETELY. Flying don't bother me though...unless its over a 6 hour flight.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i went last summer with a bunch of people i worked with up in ny, fvkin sick, it was tandom also. when u first look down and jump out is the hugest rush. i want to go again with my bro's gf, and my other freind that didnt get to go last time cause of age. i heard to jump alone u have to do something like 30 tandem jumps, def not about to do that, but i would def. say everyone should do it once.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I def want to try.. guy from the gym has 60 odd jumps in so maybe I'll go with him

solid-d is offline Member
    Im going skydiving May 6th... I got an important question to those that did do it before.. How was the landing, did you land hard?? Did you damage your ankle or legs or anything.. I got a weak ankle, and no insurance.. But wanna do it really bad..

clhp20 is offline Member
    Pretty sure the tandem jumps are a bit easier then solo, Most of the weight on landing is carried by your jump partner.

soontoberipped is offline Associate Member
    I've always wanted to try it. Maybe I'll have to scrap together some funds.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    nothing beats free fall!

When I went to Calgary to play football with my team
    I sat next to a player affraid of flying and I was saying

"pyscho, nothing beat out jumping out from a plane at 30 000 feet and going down for 130 secs at a speed of 220km a hour and then open your canopy and ....

he rushed to the team manager and yelled "MONIQUE MAKE PECS COACH STOP!!!!"

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Not trying to sound like a hard ass or anything, but I found skydiving a bit boring. I was excited to do it, but once we were in the air I was like "that's it"? My jump was tandem and we did a flip out of the plane, that was cool. The guy I jumped with told me that we got up to 120mph. I've gone faster than that on one wheel on my bike.

As for the landing, the bigger people land on their butts, so no worries about ankles/knees.

decadbal is offline Banned
    youve never jumped till u have left a c-130 in the middle of the night with 130lbs of gear strapped to you......

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    youve never jumped till u have left a c-130 in the middle of the night with 130lbs of gear strapped to you......
    Is that HALO Vanilla?

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    how much of the free fall do you actually feel weightless like your falling? isnt it just the initial jump and then the wind pushes hard enough against you that it doesnt feel like a fall as it does like a fly or something?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    The guy I jumped with told me that we got up to 120mph. I've gone faster than that on one wheel on my bike.

You can do 100+ wheelies?. Fcuking cool

Any photos?.

zuke is offline Member
    tandems are ****ty. there are two ways to get your license in the us. you can either go aff (advanced free fall) or static line progression. if you have already had a tandem jump and have it logged, it usually counts for a jump in aff. static line progression is the cheaper route. you have to make five jumps out of a sessna and you do practice rip cord pulls each time and are evaluated. then you do a 5 second "hop and pop". you basically work your way up in increments and have an instructor with you, evaluating you on turns and things like that. once you get twenty jumps in, you can get your license.

the landings aren't hard unless you mess up. i jumped military chutes where the landings are supposed to be hard, but my hardest landing was the first time i jumped a ram air chute. flared to early and got slammed pretty **** hard.

you only feel weightless right when you jump out. you hit terminal velocity fast, and there is so much wind resistance that you don't feel weightless.

the landings on tandem jumps are worse for you than solo. you are hanging a bit lower than your partner, so you have to pick your legs up. once you are done with the tandem and the guy has been rubbing his nuts all over your back, maybe you can get on the back of his motorcycle and completely be his bich.... jump solo!

zuke is offline Member
    halo = high altitude low opening

arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    I cant wait, I will be doing my first jumo this summer....

31uniform is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal

Static line?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Hoping to do my first jump this summer.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I got certified a couple of summers ago on the Advanced Free Fall, which leads to your A license w/ the USPA. After doing that, I pity anyone who lays their money down for static line, where you get maybe 3 seconds of free fall. You really learn a lot in the AFF course and it was a blast. My first jump, a year prior to this was a tandem and IMO, for your first jump that is the way to go...you don't have to worry about anything, the guy strapped to you takes care of it all.
    When you are on your own, it's a different game...it's your a$$ who has to get back on the ground safely. About skydiving, you could be having the worst day of your life, maybe your dog died, you've got HIV and you just spent your last $20 on this jump, but when you're up there and then you jump out, man you forget all about that $hit...nothing like it.

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    i jump out of my window with bed sheets above my head.... doesnt work to well..... scarred to see how jumping out of a plane would work for me.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah when i was done with it i was like thats it cause i wanted to go again. we went on a plane that was open out the back the entire time so u watch the plane go higher and higher. the initial jump and free fall is sick... i was more scared when the parachute was out and cruising cause i thought it was goin to break... but overall sick as hell

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    You can do 100+ wheelies?. Fcuking cool

Any photos?.
    133mph is my fastest wheelie. 4th gear on my CBR929. No pics sorry. I have an old VHS video, but that's not gonna do any good here. Sorry to hijack.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    man I think sky diving rox, too bad I m such a pussy I would really rock, but I m too scared

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I've been skydiving for a few years now. It's one of two things that keep me sane and happy in life.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    I've been skydiving for a few years now. It's one of two things that keep me sane and happy in life.
    What's the 2nd thing? Sex?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    What's the 2nd thing? Sex?
    no my guitar. sex is good but it doesnt keep me sane. only relaxed

Thread Information