sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel

Guns - Read if you like um

I live in one of those liberal states that will never allow concealed carry but I found this out the other day. Pennsylvania, there is one sherrif that accepts concealed carry permit applications via the mail (you don't have to be a PA resident). Once you have your PA concealed carry permit mailed to you it is recognized by 15 other states.

Pretty cool if your into that sort of thing.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I think every state should give reciprocosity as it relates to a citizen of a certain states rights. At least if traveling

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    I live in one of those liberal states that will never allow concealed carry but I found this out the other day. Pennsylvania, there is one sherrif that accepts concealed carry permit applications via the mail (you don't have to be a PA resident). Once you have your PA concealed carry permit mailed to you it is recognized by 15 other states.

Good to know if i ever need to kill someone

cjp85 is offline Member
    Go with Florida, it has the most reciprocacy. I live in CA and the liberal media has turned guns into the axis of all evil here, yet the gun control or "human control" as I call it has obviously done nothing to protect anyone. I plan on getting a permit when I'm 21.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    Good to know if i ever need to kill someone
    Why would you need a concealed carry permit to kill someone?

Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    Why would you need a concealed carry permit to kill someone?
    Splinter care to answer

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member

What other states recognize it?

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Im in florida and i believe we are in the top 3 states on how easy it is to get a permit. I cant wait till i get mine, but they take forever to process (still waiting). Ill be packing my .357 S&W in no time

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    Im in florida and i believe we are in the top 3 states on how easy it is to get a permit. I cant wait till i get mine, but they take forever to process (still waiting). Ill be packing my .357 S&W in no time
    Exhaust all other alternatives to pulling that thing, because even if you are right and justified you will have the prosecutors office on your ass. I truely mean you will be paying out the nose for a lawyer... But if you are alive and do not sustain grave bodily injury, even if you do time the permit and firearm will have served its purpose.

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by ~aXe~
    What other states recognize it?
    Asking my little brother. He's the one that's up on all this stuff. Have to wait to get an email back from him.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Cool, you get to carry a gun that you will never probaly have to use, but believe you will have to due to conservative induced fear. AWESOME!!!!!!!

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member

i dont know if thats true, i have my PA license to carry, and i know for a fact its not accepted by 15 other states, i know i cant even carry in NJ, and NY, and the close as sh-t. there's a website that has all this stuff listed, ill try to find it for you. you also need to have a PA drivers license to get a CCL there. ill find the site and show you.

and florida is one of the state that accept PA's license

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Cool, you get to carry a gun that you will never probaly have to use, but believe you will have to due to conservative induced fear. AWESOME!!!!!!!
    Ha. Never shot anyone, never gone hunting, don't ever want to shoot anyone. Except for maybe that idiot whos sawing off people's heads in Iraq. Actually enjoy the sport of shooting. It's a great competition, pistols, shotguns, rifles. I enjoy it.

Have met many great people who do the same thing.

Did enjoy shooting tracer rounds through those camping propane bottles in the middle of the sonoran desert from about 200 yards.

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    i dont know if thats true, i have my PA license to carry, and i know for a fact its not accepted by 15 other states, i know i cant even carry in NJ, and NY, and the close as sh-t. there's a website that has all this stuff listed, ill try to find it for you. you also need to have a PA drivers license to get a CCL there. ill find the site and show you.

Hmmm. interesting.

"The PA license application only requires a copy of a permit from your state if it is a "shall issue" state. It only took about a week and a half to get my license once I sent in the application. You'll need two passport-sized photos of your upper chest/face (passport size is like 1 inch by 2 inch.. or some ****..), and a copy of your driver's license. The PA permit will let you carry in 16 (18 if you have a resident permit, but Florida and New Hampshire only recognize resident permits and not non-resident permits) of the 50 United States. You can get information on all of the laws and reciprocity/recognition agreements at www.packing.org ... just pick Pennsylvania in the state dropdown box. Here is the link to the Centre County Sheriff's Department, where you can print the application. The Centre County Sheriff is the only Sheriff in PA that will do this through the mail.
    http://county.centreconnect.org/sher...e_to_carry.pdf

sp9
    I think he was saying since I am not a PA resident then Florida wouldn't recognize my PA permit since I live somewhere else. FLA would recognize yours if you are a resident of PA and have a PA permit.

sp9
    This shows who recognizes PA's permit.

http://www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/pennsylvania

i dont know where yoru getting your facts from but they are wrong. and you have to go in person to get your permit. they changed the laws, we dont have Concealed weapons permits anymore, we just have carry permits, you can carry it anywhere on you, even concealed.

see for your self : http://www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/pennsylvania

heres the maps that show what states take PA license, and its only 8 states that take it:

actually i see what yoru saying, im not sure how to read the map. its kinda confusing, it shoudl just say honors and doesnt honor, but it says reciprocity in blue. what ever the fruck that means. i do know for a fact thought that you have to show up in person to apply for a permit unless you have a permit in your home state : The Sheriff of Centre Co. PA., Denny Nau, will issue Via mail to Non Residents of Pennsylvania. (You must have a permit from your state of Residence if your state issues permits)

sp9
    I will look into it further. I know he just got his in the mail using that PDF with the Centre county sheriff. I will double check with him on when he did it. He just told me out it yesterday.

What do the resoprocity states mean then? I thought that met you could carry under their laws?

sp9
    (You must have a permit from your state of Residence if your state issues permits)
    Right, see my state is a may issue state so I do not have to show a permit from my state and he thinks I can do it through that one sheriff through the mail.

Will try it soon and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

BDTR is offline Retired
    NY is quite possibly the worst state for gun laws. I would hate to live there.

I can't wait to move to PA.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BDTR

I beleive cali is worse. There are some states that you are not allowed to carry it concealed it must be conspicuous. its like wyoming or some sh1t. I live in florida so we have it pretty good here. no matter what even if you kill someone and you were in the right and followed all proper procedures you will go to jail and it will cost you thousands for attorney. doesnt matter if it was a crackhead with 1000 priors robbing you at home. avoid it at all costs and if you have to do it you know you feared for your life so you wont care about the consequences anyway.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    That's a pretty ****ty summary of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    That's a pretty ****ty summary of the situation.

funny too... lozgod hates cops and civilians who carry guns to protect themself when there are no cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    funny too... lozgod hates cops and civilians who carry guns to protect themself when there are no cops.

To a point, I agree with him. I don't think it is neccesary to carry a gun at all times. Every so often you would be stupid not to carry one. The only reason I really would want the permit is so that, if I forgot to seperate the weapon from the ammunition in my car and was pulled over, I wouldn't be charged for it.

When it comes down to it, if I had to use a firearm it would be a last resort and I would be justified.

I don't really need the permit. If I want to use a drug that harms no one but myself, I will use it. If I need to speed on the highway and can do it without endangering other motorists, I will do it. If I want to have a weapon in my car, that I have been militarily trained to use with restraint, I will. The laws of this country which restrict behaviors that are victimless mean nothing to me. I live righteously and am a good man.
    Last edited by inheritmylife; 04-15-2005 at 05:51 PM.

To a point, I agree with him. I don't think it is neccesary to carry a gun at all times. Every so often you would be stupid not to carry one. The only reason I really would want the permit is so that, if I forgot to seperate the weapon from the ammunition in my car and was pulled over, I wouldn't be charged for it.
    not sure what state you are in and your laws but here the gun can be cocked, locked and ready to go with permit. i also disagree with you on carrying it "sometimes" although I have the same tendency to not feel like carrying mine if my clothes dont conceal it well. its like wearing your seatbelt only when your speeding. you dont get to pick and chose what day some low life scumbag is going to try to stick a knife in your neck for change in your pocket. the day you dont have it is the day you'll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    not sure what state you are in and your laws but here the gun can be cocked, locked and ready to go with permit. i also disagree with you on carrying it "sometimes" although I have the same tendency to not feel like carrying mine if my clothes dont conceal it well. its like wearing your seatbelt only when your speeding. you dont get to pick and chose what day some low life scumbag is going to try to stick a knife in your neck for change in your pocket. the day you dont have it is the day you'll need it.

In my state, you can't have a 3-cell flashlight concealed in the car. No ****.

In my state, you can't have a 3-cell flashlight concealed in the car. No ****.
    must be cali...

Quote Originally Posted by BDTR

i cant wait to move back to PA. im planning on getting back there by june, this Las Vegas sh-t sucks balls. even though i just got back from the gun range about 2 minutes ago lol

Thread Information