Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru

Computer help question

Alright I used to have Earthlink for internet and there package comes with an earthlink pop up blocker and toolbar software bundle.

I changed to Yahoo and erased Earthlink but there must be some hidden files somewhere that are still on my comp because everytime I try to open up an new application no matter what it is I get a windows installer notice that says the network resource is unavailable and asks to find the file path.

I have to click cancel like 3 times before the application will pop up.

How do I fix this computer gurus?

Ive tried to search my comp even hidden files for anything with earthlink in the title and erased everything I can find but still no help.

clhp20 is offline Member
    Have you gone into Add/Remove programs yet to see if it is still there?

Have you checked program files to see if there is a folder.

What operating system

any anti-virus software ?

any sort of adware/spyware programs installed?

1 Yup not there already erased this way

2 yup its completley gone

3 windows xp

4 mcaffe and AVG nothing reported from this

5 ad-aware SE nothing reported from this

clhp20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    1 Yup not there already erased this way

2 yup its completley gone

3 windows xp

4 mcaffe and AVG nothing reported from this

5 ad-aware SE nothing reported from this

System Mechanic 5 Pro, http://www.iolo.com/sm/5pro/index.cfm It does just about everything that you can do. Touch of a button, safe,reliable and very accurate.

Wow Good stuff But I actually erased the files that I needed to with this and it had an option to block the file path from starting It was an *msi. file and I blocked all *msi files and crashed my comp took me 2 hours to fix it I never knew that all *msi. files are for the windows installer and windows will not even turn on if these are blocked.

But still no luck I have the same problem and the software didnt fix it I guess Ill have to take it in or just reformat windows and take care of everything.

clhp20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Wow Good stuff But I actually erased the files that I needed to with this and it had an option to block the file path from starting It was an *msi. file and I blocked all *msi files and crashed my comp took me 2 hours to fix it I never knew that all *msi. files are for the windows installer and windows will not even turn on if these are blocked.

But still no luck I have the same problem and the software didnt fix it I guess Ill have to take it in or just reformat windows and take care of everything.

Naw, that is the last resort.... Use windows go back feature..go back a week or two..that way you should have earthlink back on there. try to go in again and erase it through add/remove programs..

Did you go and use the reg cleaner that SM5 has? another option in there is to get rid of junk files.

but you've probably done that too.

Thread Information