SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member

Do Genetic Limits/Baselines exist? Discuss. .

Alright, I've seen a lot of members on here tell other members "You could have achieved those results naturally" or "Your base is not sufficient enough for AAS yet" and the like. It seems that some members have a belief that anyone, ANYONE can achieve a certain level of musculature through training and nutrition alone. It seems that this level seems to be what some would consider impressive. If I had to put numbers on it, body weight is height dependent, so let's say 16-17" arms and 48-50" chest. I pick these numbers only because it seems when members smaller than this post pics, they are told they don't have a sufficient base.

My whole point here is I believe that everyone has a genetic baseline. How far you deviate above or below this baseline is up to the training and nutrition, BUT you are constantly working against it. Just as a five foot tall couple will likely not have six foot tall offspring and a moronic couple will likely ot have genius offspring (even though height and intelligence are affected by certain stimuli during childhood), I think everyone inherits a genetic muscle baseline/potential that ALWAYS comes into play. What do you guys think?

So, I don't think it's fair to tell someone when they have developed enough naturally because only the individual or someone very familiar with their growth and history can properly evaluate if they are close to their own natural potential.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    So, I don't think it's fair to tell someone when they have developed enough naturally because only the individual or someone very familiar with their growth and history can properly evaluate if they are close to their own natural potential.
    true but.. someone say 5ft10 at 150-160 you think they really platued?!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    most the time i see this it is with someone that hasnt gained much muscle, and it seems like they could have gone farther,b4 juice.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    true but.. someone say 5ft10 at 150-160 you think they really platued?!
    I'm not saying it's NEVER out of the question to evaluate someone's potential. My point is that there seems to be a level of musculature that many members deem "attainable naturally" and that this level seems to be quite developed, what most of us would consider a nice physique (not in BB terms, of course). If someone has trained, supplemented and eaten right for ten years and can't get over (just for the sake of argument) 175 pounds at 5' 10" when he started at 135, they put on 40 pounds naturally and might be tapped out and ready for AS use. Some members of this board would look at that person and instantly say "you've got plenty of natural growth left". It takes more than just natural test levels, training and nutrition.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    There is an equation that someone came up with where you could work out your ideal body measurement from knowing your writs circumference. Unfortunatley i can find the link.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, i slightly agree here with you Sml gr8. But i also think there is something to be said about dumb kids who wann jiuce too soon.

But yes you do have a point. I think the most important thing for members to do is only comment on people of similar height as them. Not that height is everthing, but it's the closest genetic reference point.

For instance, a black guy prolly shouldn't tell a chinese guy of the same height of 5'6" that he definetly should not juice until he gets to 180 naturally, becuase obviously there is probably gonna be a trmendous difference in these two guys genetic potentials.
    Peace.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'm pretty good at assesing natural progression/limitations.

~SC~

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    interesting thread smyl_gr8...

me being an EXTREME ectomorph, skinny as rails from the beginning. I was around 5'10 120-125 lbs at 16. My natural plateau seems to be 180 lbs, give or take a few.
    I am now 5'11 and find 180 to be that sticky point, but with over 60 lbs of muscle gained over 6 years I can see why. My body doesnt like to hold excess weight, and is most comfortable at 180 I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    interesting thread smyl_gr8...

me being an EXTREME ectomorph, skinny as rails from the beginning. I was around 5'10 120-125 lbs at 16. My natural plateau seems to be 180 lbs, give or take a few.
    I am now 5'11 and find 180 to be that sticky point, but with over 60 lbs of muscle gained over 6 years I can see why. My body doesnt like to hold excess weight, and is most comfortable at 180 I guess.
    Exactly. I was trying to stay objective, but just using myself as an example, I am 6'3" and started at 150 (yes, 150) and am now 200 (210 heaviest). On the other hand, my father is 5'8" and has weighed between 190 and 230 his whole life-->two completely different genetic potentials (my mom was supermodel skinny, so I guess I'm a mix).

BTW, nice mpeg in your sig Swole. Jessica Alba is THE hottest woman on the planet. See her in the new GQ? SICK!!!

Thread Information