Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member

Why do guys with 16,17,18 inch arms think they are bad ass?

Ok i had a little argument with this guy at work today. He thought he was bad ass because he has 18inch arms, but hes like 6'4 or 6'5. So when i told him hes actually small in proportion he got all pissy and we argued about this. He then made fun of the fact that im only 170lbs. See the thing is i have just over 16inch arms and to me i think they are like pipe cleaners and im only 5'7. So my question is why do people think 17 & 18 inch arms are so big and bad? To me u have to be short to think thats big. Id like to see what the taller guys think is big? IMO guys over 6'0 should have at least 19inch arms

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    its not that easy big boi

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You're just mad because he made fun of you being only 170lbs, Get over it and who cares.......
    abstrack@protonmail.com

hey man your only 170...and hav 16...im 225 and mine are like 16 and half...barely...that dudes a loser...i got your back lets just desroy hjimm....by the way im drink

busster is offline Associate Member
    because we are

icewind is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    Ok i had a little argument with this guy at work today. He thought he was bad ass because he has 18inch arms, but hes like 6'4 or 6'5. So when i told him hes actually small in proportion he got all pissy and we argued about this. He then made fun of the fact that im only 170lbs. See the thing is i have just over 16inch arms and to me i think they are like pipe cleaners and im only 5'7. So my question is why do people think 17 & 18 inch arms are so big and bad? To me u have to be short to think thats big. Id like to see what the taller guys think is big? IMO guys over 6'0 should have at least 19inch arms

What do you mean: guys over 6'0 should have at least 19inch arms ??
    Not anybody over 6'0 will have 19 inch arms !!! It just doesn't make sense.

You should keep you mouth shut next time. If he is bigger than you...then that's just the way it is !!

i didnt mean anyone... i meant people really into body building. this doesnt include weekend warriors
    Quote Originally Posted by icewind
    What do you mean: guys over 6'0 should have at least 19inch arms ??
    Not anybody over 6'0 will have 19 inch arms !!! It just doesn't make sense.

You should keep you mouth shut next time. If he is bigger than you...then that's just the way it is !!

Not really im 170 @ 8% bf and hes 240 @ 25% I was mad that hes a lame ass who doesnt know what proportion is
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    You're just mad because he made fun of you being only 170lbs, Get over it and who cares.......

everybody has different goals rather it be size or just plain fitness. You're just mad because he punked you and you had nothing to say. Get over it.... Gte bigger and tease him if that is the case.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

actually i did have something to say "last time i saw legs that small they were hanging out of a nest"
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    everybody has different goals rather it be size or just plain fitness. You're just mad because he punked you and you had nothing to say. Get over it.... Gte bigger and tease him if that is the case.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    don't worry brah 170lbs @ your height with low bodyfat's pretty big. next time just state how vastly superior your physique is.

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    I had 18" arms at about 14%bf in the summer, i thought i was pretty badass. But i never talked trash to anyone like that.

lol i dont know about that, but i do know i love John Stamos in full house
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos' Nephew
    don't worry brah 170lbs @ your height with low bodyfat's pretty big. next time just state how vastly superior your physique is.

Well thats great at 5'11 (thats what your profile said)... big difference then someone 6'5
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle187
    I had 18" arms at about 14%bf in the summer, i thought i was pretty badass. But i never talked trash to anyone like that.

At 170lbs I wouldn't talk too much trash until you have put in the sweat and pain that some of us have.

JMO

started at 90lbs... think i put more sweat and pain then u ever did
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    At 170lbs I wouldn't talk too much trash until you have put in the sweat and pain that some of us have.

JMO

busster is offline Associate Member
    actually i did have something to say "last time i saw legs that small they were hanging out of a nest"
    haha... too funny..... were you talking about me ??

no thats what i said to the guy
    Quote Originally Posted by busster
    haha... too funny..... were you talking about me ??

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    mmmm
    my friend is 6'7'' 260lbs 12%bf.....
    he has 19 inch arms?
    my other friend is 5'4'' 180 with 18 inch.....
    seems to me shorter guys get stacked a lot easier....... with tall people our muscles seem all stretched out lol.

BDTR is offline Retired
    What post is this all about?

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    i have no idea

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    I started out at 10 pounds and 2 ounces.

Shorter guys get stacked a ton easier. I have the same size arms as a few of my friends but I look massive compared to them. Your just mad because your short.

Quote Originally Posted by BDTR
    What post is this all about?

Your arms and bigger then mine BDTR you bad ass! I hate you and my dad could golf better then your dad!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    I think subconsciously this thread is all about you having insecurities with your height . Just kidding man, but ya getting to 19 inch arms for anyone is almost impossible , that is a very low percentage of people. I am 5'11 and I had 18 inch arms last year and it looked sick to me, tooo big. I have 17 inch arms right now and am 20 pounds leaner at 200 pounds and I look a lot better and more defined.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LB55blitz
    I hate you guys that were blessed with good genetics...I had to start out at 8lbs 4 oz.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I don't think you can put a certain size on arms because of height.

~SC~

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    at 6ft 5 240 lbs I would think him to be fairly thin. Don't waste your time worrying about what others have/don't have, just do your thing.

that was my base when i was in HS and started lifting, but good try at being witty. I dont know if short guys get stacked easier is just tall guys look goofy till they fill out.
    Quote Originally Posted by LB55blitz

Shorter guys get stacked a ton easier. I have the same size arms as a few of my friends but I look massive compared to them. Your just mad because your short.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    at 6ft 5 240 lbs I would think him to be fairly thin. Don't waste your time worrying about what others have/don't have, just do your thing.
    ditto

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I forgot what i was gonna post...just sat here staring at Swolecat's sig...that's badass bro

Well I'm 5'9", 225lbs with 18 1/4" arms but at 7 1/2% bf. I dont think my arms are huge but I definitely get some attention with them. And everybody tells me that they look like they are 19 or 20's at least. I think much of arm size has to do with cut as well. A set of 18" cut guns will always look better and bigger than some 19 or 20" fat arms. JMO

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    U know me!

~SC~

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Swole.. i was gonna contribute something to the thread..i dunno what now tho...dang...twice in a row...

mesomorph is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Well I'm 5'9", 225lbs with 18 1/4" arms but at 7 1/2% bf. I dont think my arms are huge but I definitely get some attention with them. And everybody tells me that they look like they are 19 or 20's at least. I think much of arm size has to do with cut as well. A set of 18" cut guns will always look better and bigger than some 19 or 20" fat arms. JMO
    That sounds enviable for sure. Mine are 17" @ 6-1, have been for years, but they are looking a little better every year as I replace fat with muscle.

Well maybe that is the whole point. I bet that dude has been working his **s off too to get where he is. You are both competitors and proud of what you have accomplised, how is a discussion like that worth even bothering with? You both started with what you had and are doing your best with it.

Most of my buddies would say you are suffering from the small dude syndrome, sorry I had to jag you a little. Hope you can have a little sense of humor and laugh too.

You look pretty good dude, like a mean wirery fast strong little dude already, so don't sweat it.

I can take a joke about "small dude syndrome" Well put
    Quote Originally Posted by mesomorph
    Well maybe that is the whole point. I bet that dude has been working his **s off too to get where he is. You are both competitors and proud of what you have accomplised, how is a discussion like that worth even bothering with? You both started with what you had and are doing your best with it.

Most of my buddies would say you are suffering from the small dude syndrome, sorry I had to jag you a little. Hope you can have a little sense of humor and laugh too.

You look pretty good dude, like a mean wirery fast strong little dude already, so don't sweat it.

I can take a joke about "small dude syndrome" Well put
    Well since you came back with a cool answer I will admit, I admire you for the cockyness you got that made you desire to "take this dude on". Sound tough for sure, size don't matter most of the time

I admit I am a little more soft spoken, no one knows I am around at the gym.

A person acts the way they do because they are that way. To put it a little better a person can have 13 inch arms but think they are tough ****. It's all about that persons ego. I have 17.5" arms at 5'9" and I don't think they are anything. However everyone that I know thinks they are huge. I'm not one to let things go to my head, alot of people do. It's all in the persons personality really.

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Mine are only close to 17 pumped...they look pretty damm big from what I'm told. They are defined which make them look bigger than they are. If I had 19 inchers with my frame, I would look like a circus freak. When I get up to 230lbs, that will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Juddman
    Mine are only close to 17 pumped...they look pretty **** big on I'm told. They are defined which make them look bigger than they are. If I had 19 inchers with my frame, I would look like a circus freak.
    Exactly. Some guys with there huge arms just look stupid. More power to them if they want to have bigger arms then thighs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information