GOATNUTS is offline Member

finally shot a S&W .44

that gun has a lot of bang to it. i kind of felt like dirty harry firing it. nice size holes when the bullet penatrates too. the only thing i thought that sucked is you have to keep cocking it. still a cool one to fire. i still prefere the glock 45 though. not to much bang but can cause damage and has very nice accuracy.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i hate single action revolvers. it sucks trying to cock, cock, cock really fast when you're shooting more than one person, and you can only shoot six people at a time. i usually carry a pistol so i can shoot 10 or more people in a sitting.

GOATNUTS is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos' Nephew
    i hate single action revolvers. it sucks trying to cock, cock, cock really fast when you're shooting more than one person, and you can only shoot six people at a time. i usually carry a pistol so i can shoot 10 or more people in a sitting.
    exactly what i was thinking

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    **** rounds are like $1.50 each.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    i like 45s dont like the recoil of the 44 unless you are shooting a tied person who is absolutely still

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    **** rounds are like $1.50 each.

Swellin Guest
    I have three different .44 mags. A S&W custom shop rig with a scope, a Colt Anaconda, and a regular old 629. The plain old 629 shoots the best of all. However, from a bench ....the custom shop is more accurate than some production rifles at 100yards. I shoot custom loads, and have been so lucky as to fire a 1" group at 100 yards from a bench with sand bags. Otherwise, my handgun skills suck!

The ammo cost for the 44 is largely dependant on the projectile and the brand name. Get some Master loads. They are cheap and they are HOT! In fact, the same grain Master vs. Corbon....the Master jumps around more than the Corbons. If you really want some fun, get some 300 grain bullets and shoot some milk jugs full of water. The 300 grain is a wrist breaker in a smaller wheel gun.

Thread Information