Do I have psychological problems?

I'm gonna try to sum this up as quickly as possible so bare with me bros. Ok, here's the story. In high school I went to a new school my final year and met some girl. I was whoring it up back then you can imagine new school, new and big kid, lets just say I got alot of attention. She wanted me and I held her off. I decided after sometime to hook up so I did. We spent several years together and got extremely close. We were basically married up until the time I turned 21. We had our ups and downs but more ups then anything. To make this short we took a break from our relationship cause things wern't going all that great. She met a guy, dated him and I found out so I came back into the picture. She left him for me and after about a two months that I completely gave her my 150% she ended up breaking up with me out of nowhere a few days before a vacation her and I and both our groups of friends had planned she broke up with me. She thought I wouldn't go because of how upset that would make me and I did, caught her there with him. That traumatized me and I went crazy for months and months after. I met my current gf now. She's great...we've been together for about six months but I still can't find a way to get as close to her as I was to my ex. My current gf has told me about two or three times that she loves me but something inside of me just can't find a way to say it back. I was betrayed in a major way by the last person I'd ever think would do such a thing. Do you guys think I have a problem or is this normal or what? I feel bad for her because she tries so hard and she's such a great gf but I just can't do it.

Let me know whats you guys think. Any psychiatrists out there?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Sounds normal to me bro. Takes time to mend a broken heart....

Time Off = Time on + PCT....

A better way to think about it...........

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    I dont think you have a problem. I guess ur ex, the girl who you were really close too and felt you had a special bond with, betrayed you. You opened yourself up and she hurt you, so now you have problems opening up to your current gf. You just gotta give it time and figure out for yourself if your current gf is the real deal. Know what i mean? If you feel the same way about her, eventually you'll open up and say it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Sounds normal to me bro. Takes time to mend a broken heart....

Time Off = Time on + PCT....

A better way to think about it...........
    good way to put it SC

Yeah, my gf has told me that I might have some kind of problem. Do you think I can sue my ex gf for this? LOL! I've taken it pretty good being that my ex gf is always around. My bestfriends and her current boyfriend all went to school and graduated together so we're basically in the same circle. They don't hang out but we just always end up in most of the same places. Clubs, parties, ect. ect. Kinda sucks to try to get over someone that you see all the time. I can clearly say that I am over her but I don't know if its me that won't let my current GF match up to her or if it's that she can't. It's tough but I am definately very into my current GF and plan to take it as far as I can with her.

I dont know Massacre that sounds kinda crazy........yea sounds like you got mental problems man.........you got mental problems man.........yea he really does.........man

Sorry I had to say that

I knew it. I just had to get diagnosed by another crazy bastard to make sure I was crazy too! LOL

Do you know what movie that line is from?

You look thick as fvck in ur avatar, you roid monkey hahahaha......keep it up!

At all brother. lol

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle187
    You look thick as fvck in ur avatar, you roid monkey hahahaha......keep it up!
    Nice way to whore it up....Thanks though. I guess after that happened with my ex leaving me for some 155lbs wanna be juicer that only takes Winny and Deca I got upset and started going nuts taking everything and I got huge. LOL. I still can't beleive she left me for a **** Deca/Winny only cycler! It's funny now that I think about it though. Don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    At all brother. lol
    huh

At all = short for "Not at all" regarding your "Do you know what movie that line is from"

Get with the program bro! I guess it's just slang..........My bad HA!

Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    At all = short for "Not at all" regarding your "Do you know what movie that line is from"

Get with the program bro! I guess it's just slang..........My bad HA!
    I dont know that ghetto slang homie lol.......its from Anchorman.......shiettt ive seen that movie a million times....it still cracks me up

I have it. I didn't think it was all that funny. I think Super Troopers is hilarious though. Napoleon Dynamite is dumb as hell but it's funny to watch the second time.

Has anyone seen the Amittyville movie yet?

Im goin' 2 bed. G'nite AR

Badgerman is offline Banned
    I think you get way too hung up on one girl at a time.......date more different girls and you'll forget all about the old one.......you're putting yourself right back in the same situation with this new girl......WTF are you thinkin man??.......DON'T GET SERIOUS......and don't let this new one get serious about you......unless you're wanting to get married and have kids DON'T DATE JUST ONE GIRL........think about getting married when you're about 30.......BELIEVE ME.......you'll thank me later

peaker is offline Senior Member
    most of us have been there mate, its hard, my gf does everything for me, and it is hard to open up 100% because of the past. its weird when you spend years of your life with someone and you get betrayed like that, like what the **** did i do.
    i dont think you have mental problems bro, its just life, and she is with some goose that your better than anyway. chin up bro, give your current gf what she gives you in all fairness to her.

good luck mate

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    I hear this bro...my last gf psychologically damaged me, now I'm a "commitment-phobic". Can't commit worth schit. First sign of seriousness and I don't want to talk to her anymore.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juddman
    I hear this bro...my last gf psychologically damaged me, now I'm a "commitment-phobic". Can't commit worth schit. First sign of seriousness and I don't want to talk to her anymore.
    That cant be healthy

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    That cant be healthy
    It sure as heck is healthy.........most of you guys are way too young to be committed to one girl.......go out with alot of different girls......check out different personalities.......don't be reliant on someone else for your happiness........and don't regret the past....just learn fom it

I don't think I get hung up on one girl. I dated plenty of girls between my ex and my current. PLENTY! She just came along and we decided just to date and have fun but ended up being together and I take it one day at a time from there on. I guess alot of bros out there are or have gone through my situation before. Its good to hear that I'm not alone.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    It sure as heck is healthy.........most of you guys are way too young to be committed to one girl.......go out with alot of different girls......check out different personalities.......don't be reliant on someone else for your happiness........and don't regret the past....just learn fom it

yup totally agree with that! ive leaned let me tell ya...once a hoe always a hoe!

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    where the **** is trillville

Quote Originally Posted by BARLOW
    where the **** is trillville

Don't you follow me enough on the board? You want to stalk me in my home as well? j/k bro

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    If she was not doing anything behind your back with the other man, it really is not betrayal it is just a break up.

Like stated though, it will take time. Love is a powerful word and is over used IMO anyway. You are probably deep inside scared to make the same type of commitment for fear of being hurt again. While you make a commitment like that, you also open yourself up for the possibility of a lot of hurt.

Stick it out, don’t rush into things and don’t let your current GF tell you it is your fault you need to take it slow.

Good luck to ya though

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    That cant be healthy
    Maybe not, but I havent had a serious thing for almost 2 years now...been the best two years of my life. Very low stress, more money and time for myself. I have priorities right now: school, work, training. Random play here and there is keeping me happy for now at least...

I wasn't upset at the fact that she dated the guy while we wern't together. The fact is that while we were together I always suspected they spoke. She would say no and I would've loved to beleive her but she screwed this guy in 2 months after 4 years into a relationship with me. She said I was insecure but that was her defense against me. I mean c'mon if you're with a girl for 4 years and she screws some guy she just met in 2 months. That's ego dropping bro. I do give her credit for telling me the truth when I asked her if she had had sex with him. The truth is she would've never told me unless I asked. The only reason I asked was for comfort. To know because I knew she hadn't but she did. That tore me up. So............back to the point. We break up on a Tuesday and on a Friday she's holding hands with him on MY VACATION! I'm sorry but I'm sure they didn't just find themselves there and decided to be all lovey dovey. This was planned. Therefore, BETRAYAL.

lets keep talking im super bored lol bumpity bump!

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Since you put it that way, yes difinatly betrayal. I’m sure it was a planned break up and they did not just decide to hook up in the 2 days after you two broke up.

Sounds like a really ****ty girl friend though, and you’ll be happy when she is out of your mind and out of your emotions. It is awful that she wasted a relationship that had started when you were so young, when you really could have been sole mates.

It will take you a long long time to be able to rebuild trust in anyone. I’ve been there man trust me.

I was seeing my Ex for 3 years. My brother was released from his military duty in Iraq this past July and moved in with us while he was getting on his feet. By October he was having sex with my girl friend. This was a girl I was almost married to, I had a great relationship with her entire family. My brother was also my best friend, I trusted them both completely.

She had a big drinking problem, would get hammered and my brother would take advantage of that. It totally blind sided me, her friends all took my side and actually told me about the times it happened. I was blind sided because even when she went out and got hammered with them, she was never interested in other guys and would obsesses over me, our wedding day, and having kids with me. I was really good to her, put her on a platform, she drove my $30k SUV I drove my $1,000 work truck.

I can defiantly relate with you as you can tell. It has been 2 months and I’m still hurting really bad. Even in 6 months, I’d be in the same situation as you, unable to dish out trust. You can love someone with out trusting them though. My sister heard a nice saying from her Grandmother in law that fits the situation.

“Love many, Trust few and paddle your own canoe.”

It is okay to love, but seriously watch who you trust because you really cannot trust anyone and live up to your mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg
    Since you put it that way, yes difinatly betrayal. I’m sure it was a planned break up and they did not just decide to hook up in the 2 days after you two broke up.

Sounds like a really ****ty girl friend though, and you’ll be happy when she is out of your mind and out of your emotions. It is awful that she wasted a relationship that had started when you were so young, when you really could have been sole mates.

It will take you a long long time to be able to rebuild trust in anyone. I’ve been there man trust me.

I was seeing my Ex for 3 years. My brother was released from his military duty in Iraq this past July and moved in with us while he was getting on his feet. By October he was having sex with my girl friend. This was a girl I was almost married to, I had a great relationship with her entire family. My brother was also my best friend, I trusted them both completely.

She had a big drinking problem, would get hammered and my brother would take advantage of that. It totally blind sided me, her friends all took my side and actually told me about the times it happened. I was blind sided because even when she went out and got hammered with them, she was never interested in other guys and would obsesses over me, our wedding day, and having kids with me. I was really good to her, put her on a platform, she drove my $30k SUV I drove my $1,000 work truck.

I can defiantly relate with you as you can tell. It has been 2 months and I’m still hurting really bad. Even in 6 months, I’d be in the same situation as you, unable to dish out trust. You can love someone with out trusting them though. My sister heard a nice saying from her Grandmother in law that fits the situation.

“Love many, Trust few and paddle your own canoe.”

It is okay to love, but seriously watch who you trust because you really cannot trust anyone and live up to your mistakes.
    Holy sh*t! I'm I having Dejavu or did you make a post about this awhile back? I think I read it.

i think ur trippin on drugs........ ;

Shut up Kmart boy! lol

ITS NOT KMART! ****IT!!!
    its IGA!!!!

your so goin to hell!!!!

Go get me some groceries fool

paper or plastic?

Plastic.........! lol

want me to double bag ur milk?
    **** NO I WONT, I AINT UR BITCH BAG UR OWN GROCERIES.

araminside is offline New Member
    kill the B****

Thread Information