Thread: Wall Problem

gya321 is offline Member

Wall Problem

There is a hole in it and I need some advice on how to fix it. Sounds dumb but Im serious, thanks people

All my friends call me "The Wall" so I guess I have a wall problem as well.

zuke is offline Member
    it really all depends on how big the hole is. if it's smaller, then you can usually get away with some tape and putty, if it's bigger then you might have to cut out the section of dry wall and replace it.

gya321 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    All my friends call me "The Wall" so I guess I have a wall problem as well.
    Thats nice, Not helping me though

gya321 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zuke
    it really all depends on how big the hole is. if it's smaller, then you can usually get away with some tape and putty, if it's bigger then you might have to cut out the section of dry wall and replace it.
    Well its small its more of a gash. Any specific supplies I should look for?

wizbang is offline New Member
    if its just a small to medium gash, you can get some spackling/dry wall compound (caulking tube or just a little tub of it). spread it in the gash ,let dry , sand smooth (may need a second coat) and paint

gya321 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wizbang
    if its just a small to medium gash, you can get some spackling/dry wall compound (caulking tube or just a little tub of it). spread it in the gash ,let dry , sand smooth (may need a second coat) and paint
    Excellent thats what I was looking for. I kinda got pissed today and tossed something into it, cuz I knew it would be less of a problem than my fist.

Angelis is offline Banned
    If it is a gash just go to the local hardware store pick up a small can of putty and some sand paper. Put the putty on leave it over night to dry sand it down tommorow.

Also don't slap in a large amount... when dealing with drywall compound, many thin layers works a LOT better than one big glob. Thin layers dry fast, big globs take forever.

Red

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    If it is sheet rock then you'll have to cut the paper around the hole with a sharp knife to make sure it does not lift up at all.

Buy a cheap plastic puddy knife and a small container of spackle and go at it, if you get shrink free spackle you will only have to use one coat and probably will not have to sand. Just go over it with a damp sponge.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Also don't slap in a large amount... when dealing with drywall compound, many thin layers works a LOT better than one big glob. Thin layers dry fast, big globs take forever.

Red
    you got that right. ive been putting up drywall in a house for the last few weeks. i mudded the walls and put WAY too much on the first time, screwed myself hard i had to sand the entire next day

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    This board has it all......

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    you got that right. ive been putting up drywall in a house for the last few weeks. i mudded the walls and put WAY too much on the first time, screwed myself hard i had to sand the entire next day
    If you hang your drywall vertical, not horizontal you get far fewer "butt joints" and it makes the job go SO much faster.

The longer edges of your drywall are beveled, so it is as easy and putting on your first layer of mud, pressing in your tape and going over it with a 4" knife.

The 2nd and 3rd coat are simply going over those vallies created by the 2 bevled edges with a 12" knife. You won't have to sand a thing, just go over with a sponge.

Use a corner trowel in the corners and along your ceiling, or just put up crown molding.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    ya well i only have a dam 5inch knife so it takes awhile. i never really paid attention to the beveled edges but it makes it easier. i actually enjoy drywall but it does get messy. i assume youve done it before

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Stick your dick in it.

~SC~

gya321 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

Red
    Alright so thin layers, thanks.

Thread Information