Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member

IF I may... Here's my thoughts...

First of all I don't know all the details of what when down, and they are none of my business, but I would like to say something here to give some perspective on the current situation. I am the admin at a board for skiing and snowboarding.( Small Plug www.skiersboard.net ) I have placed a thread on this board about my board, but OG and I both specifically asked the System Admin before we posted anything. If I went out of my way to tell the system admin about my little board, I would assume that the mods (remember they were Mods) that are no longer with us could do the same (again I don't know all the details here). I am just a measly little anabolic member, but THis is his board, these are his rules. If one of my mods went and decided to be a Mod on another board or buy another board. I would at least want to know about what is going on. Again I don't know what happened, but I am sure that System admin has put a lot of time and $$ into this site. I know I have put a lot of both into my site.

OG is my super Mod on my site, and If he went and opened a snowboarding site or bought one without telling me I would be pretty pissed off and probably ask him to leave. Now on the other hand, if he had be up front with me, told me his intentions, I would be more than willing to help him build the board. But I would have some concerns with the amount of time he would be spending on my forum.

The big difference between my forum and this forum is about 39,000 members lol! (I have 127). To run a forum this big you need to have moderators working pretty much full time. Believe me with just 127 I spend way to much time on my site. If my Mods were opening their own board (I4L is a pretty good size board too) I would have problems with that. There is just not enough time in a day to moderate both forums.

Bottom line guys: This is System Admin's board, he pays the bills, he makes the rules. I am behind you bro. Cycleon was a good guy to me I wish him luck, I did not know OJ very well, and BDTR... Well I didnt know him very well either. Good luck to all of them. If you don't like AR anymore... well good luck to you too. This forum has stood the test of time, and will always remain my homesite for BB.

Last edited by Jdawg50; 04-20-2005 at 03:42 PM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    OH GOD NOT ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS MATTER!?!?!?!?!?? AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.... sorry, just lost it for a minute there....

colossus1 is offline Member
    Must everyone "give their thoughts?"

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    OH GOD NOT ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS MATTER!?!?!?!?!?? AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.... sorry, just lost it for a minute there....
    I just popped in here on this man, I think my perspective is different than that of what has been said so far. If you think it is inappropriate I will take it down.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    LOL BT! Well said bro! This is a business and bros need to understand that. Business is business and personal feelings should never come into play....just my .02

OG

Quote Originally Posted by colossus1
    Must everyone "give their thoughts?"
    Sure we do...and when we want your opinion we will give it to you...lol jk bro

OG

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    I just popped in here on this man, I think my perspective is different than that of what has been said so far. If you think it is inappropriate I will take it down.
    Naaa... no worries bro, just giving ya hell. Everyone has their opinions on this and eventually they will all be said. I for one am just tired of all this **** drama...... if I wanted drama I'd turn my computer off and deal with my family... . Really bro, no worries.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Can't wait until all these threads stop.

~SC~

Cool thanks man I know u guys are sick of the drama, since I started my site i have been really buzy with it, so when I read this i thought I would say my piece.

Oh comon SC

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Can't wait until all these threads stop.

~SC~
    I have been on this board for a long ass time... I have a right to say my piece here.

I still can't wait for all these "pieces" to stop.

It's not like it will change anything, just forget it and move on to something positive.

Who cares about yesterday. There are 36,000 members here, do you think we care what everyone of them thinks? I say this seriously, not to be a dick.

~SC~

I There are 36,000 members here, do you think we care what everyone of them thinks? ~SC~
    *sniff* *sniff*..... I thought you really cared man.....I see how it is....

I still can't wait for all these "pieces" to stop.

It's not like it will change anything, just forget it and move on to something positive.

Who cares about yesterday. There are 36,000 members here, do you think we care what everyone of them thinks? I say this seriously, not to be a dick.

~SC~
    Who cares what you say anyway Swole..... juuuus fukin witchya....

OG

I think that what I said was positive SC, I dont think you are being a dick, but I also think its OK to be upfront about the cause of this situation, and to talk about it. I personally feel like this is something we should talk about until the members feel they have talked it out. This forum is "for the Members" So why not allow the members to talk about the situation. If you had a problem with this thread then you should have left it alone, not posted anything, and it would have gone away. So if you don't want to read anymore about this then don't reply to the thread and don't open it again. How does that sound? Not to be a dick of course.

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Sure we do...and when we want your opinion we will give it to you...lol jk bro

OG

Im neutral on this whole issue. I see it from Bc point of view because ar makes him money, and hes pissed bcuz potential customers of asn wont be buying since they mite go to ifl. Hes also mad bcuz he feels that the creation of a new board was done behind his back. Well thats what i got from reading all the posts. I dont think ifl is going to impact ar that much, i mean theres so many boards out there. an ar member could me a member at several different boards. B, OJ, Cyc know aas in and out, so why not let them make some money with their knowledge too? This way bc is making money and so is ifl. Theres more than enough space on the net for the 2 to co-exist. Im sure ar will still have many new members daily and will still continue to grow and be profitable. Neways this is getting too long
    peace

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    I think that what I said was positive SC, I dont think you are being a dick, but I also think its OK to be upfront about the cause of this situation, and to talk about it. I personally feel like this is something we should talk about until the members feel they have talked it out. This forum is "for the Members" So why not allow the members to talk about the situation. If you had a problem with this thread then you should have left it alone, not posted anything, and it would have gone away. So if you don't want to read anymore about this then don't reply to the thread and don't open it again. How does that sound? Not to be a dick of course.
    Obviously I am letting you speak your mind, and others as well, or we'd hose these threads. You have spoken, and you are free to do so, no one is going to censor you for giving your take or opinion, no.

I was just "hoping" people would get the hint and comply to stop all these threads and move on, but I guess you have to S-P-E-L-L it out for some.

Not to be a dick of course.

~SC~

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    Obviously I am letting you speak your mind, and others as well, or we'd hose these threads. You have spoken, and you are free to do so, no one is going to censor you for giving your take or opinion, no.

I was just "hoping" people would get the hint and comply to stop all these threads and move on, but I guess you have to S-P-E-L-L it out for some.

~SC~
    Wow you guys are so subtle

~SC~
    Swole...You being a dick? Naaaah, never....

OG

OG
    I am actually a very nice guy, but I can't do anything about pre-conceived notions.

~SC~

OG

LOL
    WELL i have never been a good speller, and System admin has not added the VBB hack of spell check...lol, sooo
    Maybe you should post a thread that says something to the effect of
    "The Thread to end all threads regarding the drama" I'm sorry If I am adding to the drama, but I have seen a lot of posts slamming system admin, and that pissed me off.
    Like I said in my first post, I have not spent that much time on the board lately, but I have a lot of posts on here, and i have been around a long time, and felt compelled. There you go...

OK one last time just to be funny... Not to be a dick of course...

~SC~

Ok your both dicks in my book.....

Hey, on a side not.....Jdawg, we going to Atlantic City bro.... Cant wait!!!

OG

Ok your both dicks in my book.....

Hey, on a side not.....Jdawg, we going to Atlantic City bro.... Cant wait!!!

OG
    Hell YEa!!! UFC53!

Austex is offline Member
    Soooooo, what's this all about???

heh heh j/k.

Thread Information