Thread: helping members

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member

helping members

i hate coming on here now and going to steroid questions forum,because with every post asking for advice it's always the newbs telling them the wrong thing to do. not only that but when someone(mod,vet ,respected member etc) tells them the proper way of doing things they argue with them! WTF!
    just seems to me there's alot of newbs giving bad advice for example...."oral only cycles" "cycles without test" etc...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    This accomplishes?

~SC~

me venting, and getting some people with real knowledge to go help out

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    This accomplishes?

~SC~

or me just being a pecker

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    well... correct the ill informed and try to help these guys out

I hear ya, there will always be people giving out "advice" that they think is good. It would be impossible to catch EVERY error that exists, but that is why one must use discretion and research around when deciding to take advice. I deal w/the same thing in the diet forum from time to time, but I have to remember to use the phrase "to each his own" after I present what I believe to be the best viable option.

You can only hope people make the best/informed decision that they can.

~SC~

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    The worst vice, is ADvice

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by flabbywussy
    i hate coming on here now and going to steroid questions forum,because with every post asking for advice it's always the newbs telling them the wrong thing to do. not only that but when someone(mod,vet ,respected member etc) tells them the proper way of doing things they argue with them! WTF!
    just seems to me there's alot of newbs giving bad advice for example...."oral only cycles" "cycles without test" etc...
    i agree with you saying there is a problem.. but the site doesn't suck...
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    The worst vice, is ADvice

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with EASTCOASTER. If you see bad advice being given correct it. Many Novice users come on and already have decided what they are going to do. Their buddy did a dbol only cycle and got huge so that is all they want to hear. You can't force them to take good advice but hopefully you will reach some and educate others who read the thread.

Stew is offline Junior Member
    Im not trying to piss ppl off with this.....but isnt it possible for some newbies to be more experienced than some of the vets. I mean whose to say some of the senior members arent just skinny smart kids who just know alot about the topic but have never experienced anything. If ppl want to get the right info pick up a book writen by a reputible source.

and remember this is just my opiniion

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew
    Im not trying to piss ppl off with this.....but isnt it possible for some newbies to be more experienced than some of the vets. I mean whose to say some of the senior members arent just skinny smart kids who just know alot about the topic but have never experienced anything. If ppl want to get the right info pick up a book writen by a reputible source.

This is true but if you are chosen to be a VET here or at anyother board I would hope it is because you have very good knowlege on AAS and other topics of this type of subject.

But in the end it your responsibility to know what you are doing to yourself. I could give some people some off the wall answer and because I have X amount of posts, either senior member, or whatever some will take it as the truth.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    They dont know any better. Offer suggestions try to help the misinformed, and try to fix the problem rather than knock the site. I understand your frustrations, but this will accomplish nothing.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    well... correct the ill informed and try to help these guys out

I agree. That is all you can do.

Remember we are here to help others out and expand our knowledge on things we don't know about...

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    don't listen to a thing I say I'm a senile old man

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    I will say the steroid section has changed in the years (been a member since 02) and we seem to have less people with a lot of knowledge

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    I agree with EASTCOASTER. If you see bad advice being given correct it. Many Novice users come on and already have decided what they are going to do. Their buddy did a dbol only cycle and got huge so that is all they want to hear. You can't force them to take good advice but hopefully you will reach some and educate others who read the thread.

i agree 100%

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Stop whining like a little girl and instead try and help out. You can't make someone follow good advise, all you can do is give it to them, explain why it's good advise, and hope they follow it. If they choose not to, and instead do something stupid, that's on them.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbywussy
    i hate coming on here now and going to steroid questions forum,because with every post asking for advice it's always the newbs telling them the wrong thing to do.
    Well...if you know tha right thing to do, why don't you just correct them?

Amen.

~SC~

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    The members make the board. It's up to the senior members of the board to educate the juniors and correct them when they are leading others astray. If you are attacked for that or they are handing out bad advice you should then report them to the leadership of the board.

Work to improve the board......don't make comments to bring it further down.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

You could always direct people to the (*ahem) new profiles forum....

Most (90%) of the questions in the AAS forum could be answered by reading a few profiles, IMO.

i help whenever i can

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    You could always direct people to the (*ahem) new profiles forum....

Most (90%) of the questions in the AAS forum could be answered by reading a few profiles, IMO.
    and i must say ... those are some well compiled AAS Profiles there.
    Very informative.
    only problems is... to many words

Hooker does a bang-up job in those writings!

~SC~

firenwire is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew

Thats some of the best information i've seen on any board. bar none.

Thread Information