Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member

Mustang GT 2005....

I'm thinking of getting one....any thoughts? Anyone have one already?

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    What kind of budget are you one, honestly... because i am waiting for the 07 cobra to come out.. 450hp/450ft/lbs....solid rear axle, 6-speed transmission... probally going to be about 40-45ish

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    lets just say i've done my fair share of evaluation on the S197's.. They are defintley worth the money, even the vert.. but bro, i'll be honest when i say the GT500 will OWN the streets in 2 years buddy..

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    You cant get one where im at. Iv gone to 3 different dealers around me and they all say the same thing.....errrrr You cant even order one...

OG

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea bro their is a waiting list... get in line for another year or two
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    You cant get one where im at. Iv gone to 3 different dealers around me and they all say the same thing.....errrrr You cant even order one...

OG

Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member
    They are nice, a buddy of mine just picked his up a few days ago. Silver with red leather interior. It's fun, and its pretty fast. No sun roof's for them, that kinda sucks. It would be nice if they were a little faster, but you can always **** around with it and get a few extra horses.

I like the 05' GTs, I dont own one, but I love my 04' GT

Alex

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Ford just increased its production of 05s up to another 80,000. I've already been to a few dealers and they can order me whatever I want within a few weeks. I just need to decide whether I really want one or not.....hmmmm.....

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    I drove one yesterday! It was pretty fast, but I'm not a big fan of the view. Either way, alot of people stared at red lights and it felt kind of cool to be driving one of the "it" cars.

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    I'm a HUGE mustang fan. I have a 91 stang 750 hp runs low 9's. I also have an '03 cobra that has qutie a few mods done to it. DON"T buy the 05 gt. It's the first year they are making them and they have bugs and will be fixed in the 06 models. I'm waiting for the gt500 to come out. I can't wait to pick up one of those. But fi you're going for the GT, definitely get a hardtop (convertibles are for pus*ies) and get the 2006 model.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    its actually next year it will be out for 06. I spoke with the one of the GM's cause they are at my job right now for a convention with several different new model prototypes. some w/o any engine or steering. He says it will be called the shelby cobra 500 and will be rated at 450hp. It is the sickest muscle car to date IMO>

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    My 05 finally came in about 2 months ago. Bone stock its a pretty sweet ride but I had to mod the hell out of it to be really happy, but then again I am a speed freak. I have every single performace part available installed on my car except a blower but the stock aluminum block will not take much boost. I am making around 300 hp at the wheels so maybe 350-360hp at the crank. I am running mid 12's at the moment.

Buy one it will put a big smile on your face, except you might have to buy a used one because all of the new GT's are already spoken for......

Oh yeah from the factory I have a 1000 watt stereo with 4 10inch woofers, 10 speakers....it sounds sick!

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Pretty nice car. I have 2005 GTO.

Thread Information