Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member

question about the gf?

okay i've only been with this girl a couple of months and almost a year ago she broke up with her bf of 3 yrs. take not shes only 20. she doesn't talk to him or see him anymore. the only thing is in her room on her dresser she has this 2.5 foot by 1 foot collage of cut out photos of her and her friends in the past. there is pics of her family, vactions, when she was a kid etc. she keeps adding to it. long and short there is pics on there of her and her x. i hate ****ing looking at it and its starting to drive me nuts. should i just get over it or should i say something?

thx

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Say something.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Intensity
    okay i've only been with this girl a couple of months and almost a year ago she broke up with her bf of 3 yrs. take not shes only 20. she doesn't talk to him or see him anymore. the only thing is in her room on her dresser she has this 2.5 foot by 1 foot collage of cut out photos of her and her friends in the past. there is pics of her family, vactions, when she was a kid etc. she keeps adding to it. long and short there is pics on there of her and her x. i hate ****ing looking at it and its starting to drive me nuts. should i just get over it or should i say something?

thx
    Honestly, I think you need to get over it. It's a part of her past, and she probably had some good times as well as bad. But the fact is, she broke up with him for a reason, and is now with you. By making her take it down you are going to come off as looking insecure and jealous. Remember, chances are if you don't marry her, you're going to break up with her. And she'll have pictures of you too. You can't make her change her past, just remember that she's with you in the present.

i think i might just let sleepin dogs lie

rambo is offline The Lord God
    i think i might just let sleepin dogs lie
    I wouldn't wake up dogs that didn't tell the truth, either.

Yungstar is offline New Member
    I think you should let it go. Wether or not she takes the pictures off, it does not take away from the fact that that guy was a part of her life. Like u mentioned the collage is like a timeline for her, and unfortunately he is part of it. U have nothing to worry about, ue even said they dont talk anymore.

P.S. if u decide to tell her play it cool

NotHuman is offline New Member
    are there any pictures of you and her in there? if not id try and get her to put some in there just to see what she says. jmho.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member

thx
    Honestly bud, let it be. If she doesnt talk to him anymore, or put pictures of him up there still, you have nothing to worry about

Seriously I think its pretty insensitive of her to do that. I'm not the jealous type, mostly I couldn't give a rats ass and I'm pretty secure in myself. But that type of stuff should be put away for another day. Its in the past, whats she remembering when she looks at his photo?. Fvck that sh*t, I'd ask her to put it away but I wouldn't make a big deal of it either.

Another thing, and I'm not making fun. I couldn't have sex with a girl with a photo of her ex looking at me!.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    get over it. she's sleeping with you now yes? what do you care if she has memories. as long as she goes home to you there shouldn't be a problem i dont think.

tbrocato is offline Member
    just take a picture of you and cover his. Will work!

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    I think I would say something, don't get all pissed of course, but let her know it bothers you and you would prefer not to see it.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would let it go..Her past is her past..He was part of it and there is no changing that..I wouldn't look at the collage of pictures of him, but pictures of her past memories, friends, events, which are important to all of us..Unless the guy was a totally abusive ass, then I would let it be..Over time, she may just take it down on her own accord..

Doc M

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    let it go, shes with you for a reason. i just went through all that **** too and trust me, you should pick your battles wisely. he isnt a part of her life so who cares.

I.F. if it truely bothered me I'd say it to her. Get it out of the way, if she doesn't want to put it away then learn to deal with it. As you've posted this here its obviously going to continue to be an issue with you.

As BlueAndromeda73 said, just let her know it bothers you and you'd rather not see it. No need to be confrontional about it.

I've actually dealt with this before...I simply put a picture of my ex in my room..She asked me what it was all about and I simply said it doesnt bother me that you have pictures of you ex why does it bother you...the next day....we burnt all our pictures in my back yard...........If u tell her it bothers you and she actually cares about you she has to take that into consideration....Honestly it wasnt worth me having pics of people I could give a **** less about in my room just because that was my past.

People can think different,but when its flipsided it's "insensitive" if a guy would do that to a girl. I merely flipped things around to show her how it felt. It worked well... I was very sensitive for a long time with females,but you can either not give a **** and get pissed on...or you can speak your mind. If you speak your mind and things dont work out then your better off. Always stand your ground. I agree with the above post that says pick your battles wisely,but at the same time...If you give a woman an inch...it will be a mile overnight...ESPECIALLY with ex'es...I don't play that **** and imo no guy should.
    Last edited by goodtobeapimp; 04-25-2005 at 02:51 AM.

alevok Guest
    If I were I would say that pisses me off. My current gf had this football on her tv and I knew it was a gift from a guy(ex bf). I told her from now on it is my pitbulls, she did not say a word. Oh well my pitbull tore it in thousand pieces in front of her......

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    Yes it's a part of her past, but still I think it's disrespectfull to throw at your face buy having it out in the open. Especially if it bothers you, which it must do because of this post. I also have photoes of my past gf's but I keep them i an drawer. I like the idea by goodtobeapimp. Just put a nice picture of your ex out in the open at your place and see how she reacts to it. Either that or do as tbrocato said. Cover his pic with one of your own. No **** that. Don't act like girls and leave hints, just tell her!!!

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    dude, say something man, if you can't be honest with her about what makes you uncomfortable the relationshi is doomed,

My girl had a pic of an ex up (by accident she said) and as soon as I saw it I was like "what the "f" is that? take that sh.it down!" and she did

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    My fiance had pictures up of guys she had been with in the past. A lot of pictures, she's one of those girls who has pictures of everything. Some of them were positioned just right so I was looking at them during or after sex, and that bothered me. I'm a little bit on the jealous side, but usually my rationalness over-powers it. So I let her know about it. She took most of them down. There are 1 or 2 still around her apartment, but I've learned to live with them. She's moving into my house in a few months, and I'll be dammed if she even thinks about hanging those pics back up. Its a tough situation. The only reason I said something was because I'm going to marry this girl and spend the rest of my life with her. I would certainly assess the seriousness of the relationship before saying anything.

well its only been a few months the relationship is completely new by all means. and as of right now i don't think im in the position to be imposing on her property like that. but yes its always in the back of my mind. so i think i'll keep shut for the time being and eventually i'll ask whats up with them and tell her i hate seeing him everytime i come over.

Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer1
    My girl had a pic of an ex up (by accident she said) and as soon as I saw it I was like "what the "f" is that? take that sh.it down!" and she did
    Did you let her feel the back of your hand too?

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Did you let her feel the back of your hand too?

ahahahh thats was brilliant!

ahahahh thats was brilliant!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails question about the gf?-funny-05.jpg  

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Come now FI, where is your confidence at? Do this, try to forget about it and dont let it bother you. Remember at all times to not show weakness. What i would do is make a conscious effort in order to have photos around my place of my family, friends, and better looking ex's Be sure to keep her on her toes and remind her how lucky she is to be allowed to be seen with you. Keep that upper hand bro

oh but i let her know how lucky she is to have me! lol it drives her nuts

diezell is offline Senior Member
    been through all that crap in my last relationship man, i confronted my ex about it, prolly wasnt the smartest thing to do, well long story short we got in an argument and now shes my ex lol id just keep it to myself if i was u

Bliss is offline Junior Member
    i think you should get over it... its not like she is still on contact with him, and the pics are in the middle of a collage, she cant really take them out without ruining all of her work, which obviously she loves or she woulndt keep adding to it....
    I think if she wasnt over him and was still in contact with him, then you should talk about it, but its harmless right now

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I'm with Bliss. Leave it be. If it was a sep photo in a frame on her dresser or something.....that would be one thing...but it's part of a big collage...she's with you, enjoy it and move on.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

candyman md is offline Junior Member

Let it be

Bro, show how secure you are and don't worry about it. I would only worry if she started to add new pictures of him and her. Confidence works wonders in relationships!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER

Yeah, you do that and she will be asking you to marry her, never beat a woman unless you are ready to put a ring on her finger. They love that ****!

I had a gf who had a pic of her ex-husband on the wall, they were small photos with him and some other family members, i told her about it and she took them all down.

I was an ass about it to though....oh well that is the past now.

Thread Information