ryan9101 is offline Associate Member

Help with firewall please!!!

Hey guys. I have a problem. I downloaded some programs such as zone alarm pro, and I also have norton and windows firewalls. Now after deleting the zone alarm and disabling all other firewalls I am having trouble accessing websites.

When I Try to access any page such as my email, bank account, or anything with a password my browser says it cant find the page. It doesnt even search it just goes right to the message. ??

Sapper is offline New Member
    ****, try running a virus scan. It sounds like your computer doesn't want to access any page using encryption. You may wind up having to reinstall windows, at the worst. Try hitting F5 to refresh your browser and force a download. It's kinda hard to walk you through anything without actually sitting in front of the computer.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan9101
    Hey guys. I have a problem. I downloaded some programs such as zone alarm pro, and I also have norton and windows firewalls. Now after deleting the zone alarm and disabling all other firewalls I am having trouble accessing websites.

When I Try to access any page such as my email, bank account, or anything with a password my browser says it cant find the page. It doesnt even search it just goes right to the message. ??
    bro sorry to say but u may have to format your hard drive and reinstall windows , if i were u id backup my files on dvd or cds and then do it , i had similar problem and it wouldnt go away till i did that , by the way aword of advice norton is the worst thing u can put on your cpu it never leaves your registry files and screws up your windows sys files after uninstalling ....... mcafee is the way to go

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    hope you didnt format yet. the problem is most likely (id bet money) because you have multiple firewalls running at the same time. they dont like that. its possibly you got infected, but i dont think so. do this. turn off your windows firewall. decide if you want to use norton firewall or zone alarm. I personally use zone alarm. so for example, delete norton. and while you are at it, delete zone alarm too. fyi: dont take offense, i dont know how computer savvy you are. Dont just drag the icon to trash can. go to settings --> control panel --> add/remove programs. remove them there. all of it. dont repair, just delete. Now, go and download zone alarm again, re-install, you should be good to go. your firewall probably either auto-denied or you denied a connection and it remembered it and set it as permanent. one way to test this, turn off all firewalls, and make sure there are none running, then try to go to one of those websites. i bet you'll be able to. if this doesnt work, post steps youve done exact here and ill check back. i do computer forensics and deal with firewalls, viruses, hacks, etc every day for a living.
    Last edited by max2extreme; 04-25-2005 at 11:02 AM.

ryan9101 is offline Associate Member
    Hey guys, I am back online after a week off, I reformatted my hard drive and rebooted windows, and now it is working. Thanks for the help bros.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    hope you didnt format yet. the problem is most likely (id bet money) because you have multiple firewalls running at the same time. they dont like that. its possibly you got infected, but i dont think so. do this. turn off your windows firewall. decide if you want to use norton firewall or zone alarm. I personally use zone alarm. so for example, delete norton. and while you are at it, delete zone alarm too. fyi: dont take offense, i dont know how computer savvy you are. Dont just drag the icon to trash can. go to settings --> control panel --> add/remove programs. remove them there. all of it. dont repair, just delete. Now, go and download zone alarm again, re-install, you should be good to go. your firewall probably either auto-denied or you denied a connection and it remembered it and set it as permanent. one way to test this, turn off all firewalls, and make sure there are none running, then try to go to one of those websites. i bet you'll be able to. if this doesnt work, post steps youve done exact here and ill check back. i do computer forensics and deal with firewalls, viruses, hacks, etc every day for a living.
    too late , but your idea is good too , but it didnt work for me when i was trying to fix it , i definately was infected .................

Thread Information