tebb11 is offline New Member

Has the Simpsons "Jumped the Shark"

I watched the episode that was mentioned on here yesterday and a couple of parts made me smile but not laugh out loud. The new episode of family guy that just came out made me laugh out loud and southpark does the same for me. Does anyone else think that the Simpsons has lost its touch? I think it jumped the shark a few years ago.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    New episode of Family Guy!? I thought it wasn't airing until May 1st.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I still like the Simpsons but with it being on the air for so long it's gonna have a dry spell now and than.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    i think its still funny... they arnt PC and they touch on current events

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I think the Simpson's are still funny. Sure not every week it's top notch but for the most part it's still pretty funny. Family guy is a riot....freakin Stewy cracks me up.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah the reason i love south park so much is cause first theyre fvkin hilarious little bastards, plus every episode has somethin to do with whats goin on in the country, gov, world, etc. cartman is the funniest.

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    got to go with family guy. i love that show and futurama before it. but then again i have wierd taste in shows. my all time favorite show to watch is dukes of hazzard.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    they aren't as funny as they used to be, but they still have their moments. I can watch the simpons over and over again. But I get tired of family guy, However, family guy crosses the lines that the simpsons doesn't, that makes them hilarious. But I'm still simpsons 4 life

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    As a long time Simpson's fan I must agree that the shows aren't as funny anymore.....but it has been around for years, the writters are just running out of material. They don't seem like they involve the main "outsider" characters as much, and the plots seem to get more and more random (anyone see that episode where Bart and Liza looked at their futures?). I'll still watch because most of them are good but I must say that they're going downhill. The classic Simpson's moments and quotes just don't seem to be there anymore.......they still do a good job making fun of current events and issues though.

TheChosen1 is offline Member

I've always been a Simpsons fan since they made their debut on the "Tracy Ullman Show". IMPO, I think the Simpsons hit the wall when Beavis & Butthead came out. Then B&B bit the dust when South Park came out.

I still watch The Simpsons sometimes but I won't exactly break my neck to get to my TV for them.

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    Simpsons are by far and away the smartest program on television. Its still good!

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    WHat the hell is "jumped the shark"

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I havent watched the simpsons for so long, here in alabama they only show it once a day, back home in chicago i get to see it 3 times a day, the old episodes make me laugh. you can show a family guy episode that is almost the same as a simpsons, i already did it once to prove a point.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    i love the way the simpsons stereo type everyone

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Still the best cartoon still airing

Quote Originally Posted by D-END

Jumped the shark is a TV reference to "Happy Days” when Fonzie jumped a shark on water ski's. That was the official moment that "Happy Days" became crap. So now when people say a show has "Jumped the Shark" it means that it has lost its original appeal that made it good. That is why sometimes they chose to end a show before it gets to this point, Seinfeld is a good example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by D-END
    that's the same d@mn thing i was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tebb11
    Jumped the shark is a TV reference to "Happy Days” when Fonzie jumped a shark on water ski's. That was the official moment that "Happy Days" became crap. So now when people say a show has "Jumped the Shark" it means that it has lost its original appeal that made it good. That is why sometimes they chose to end a show before it gets to this point, Seinfeld is a good example of this.
    i don't think i've ever heard anyone say that let alone talk about happy days still. was that show even popular?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20050427/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Quote from article

"while even series creator Matt Groening has expressed occasional doubts that The Simpsons may have jumped the shark somewhere along the way, he and fellow producers have no plans to call it quits"

I personally have never seen one episode of happy days.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tebb11

Thanks bro

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Simsons old stuff like seasons 1-12 is much better. Oh, what? I have seasons 1-16 on my external hard drive? Oh jesus.

I like south park more though cuz they dont give a FUKK if they're racist/sexist/intolerant its so funny.

Thread Information