Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Choice of Elliptical Trainers?

I am looking into buying an elliptical for the house here and was wondering what kind some of your bros might have, of course i want a Life Fitness 9500HR but at $2,500 + that is not gonna happen.

I found a New Balance Elliptical for $600-1,000 and it looks solid.

Any thoughts?

I wanna order it this week.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Im about to get one for my home too. have decided on the Kettler Mondeo after much research

I have been to that site, the new balance 9.0e is the one i was referring too.

I like the $849 Kettler but i don't think the 16 stride would be good? I am 6'...any idea what a comportable stride would be? I am thinking 18 at the least?

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    The best advise I can give you is don't buy one till you try it. I don't care what the specs are, different models and/or brands of machines that are supposed to be almost identical can feel completely different. And what fits one person perfectly, can feel totally awkward to someone else.

My elliptical decided to crap out on me this weekend. I spent all day Sunday trying dozens of new models ranging from $400-$3800 (my model is no longer made). Not one of them fit me like the one I have, so now I'm hoping that between a good bit of welding and a machine shop I can resurrect mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    The best advise I can give you is don't buy one till you try it. I don't care what the specs are, different models and/or brands of machines that are supposed to be almost identical can feel completely different. And what fits one person perfectly, can feel totally awkward to someone else.

My elliptical decided to crap out on me this weekend. I spent all day Sunday trying dozens of new models ranging from $400-$3800 (my model is no longer made). Not one of them fit me like the one I have, so now I'm hoping that between a good bit of welding and a machine shop I can resurrect mine.

Very true and this is the main reason i am going into the city tommorow to see if i can find a shop that sells them.

Broke down out of laziness and the unwillingness to wait any longer so i went to Wal-Mart and bought a Weslo Elliptical with an 18 stride on it for $230

Put it together, did an hour cardio on it and it went well IMO considering the price, i am gonna abuse this machine every morning sometimes twice a day.

Cheers....

Thread Information