ACpower is offline Member

How many are bouncers

whats up guys just wondering how many of you are bouncers out there and if you are what type of bar is it, and if you like it

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    i was once a bouncer... gave it up the pay is inadequate and the health plan sux

I just started its not a bad job might just do it for summer. pays alright

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not a bouncer, but when I stand near the door at clubs people ask me if they can come in or leave...I guess I look like one.

DrugsrGood is offline Associate Member
    Sheeit, Wont catch me workin a $40 shift... thas how it is around here anyways.
    Last edited by DrugsrGood; 04-26-2005 at 09:00 PM.

hahahaha if you look like arnold I would ask you too

Quote Originally Posted by ACpower
    hahahaha if you look like arnold I would ask you too
    Who's Arnold? That's me bros...comon.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    I love how every topics just gets throw in the steroid section. its nice when all the topics that belong here get knocked down to the bottom for posts like this and can i drink winny...

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    I love how every topics just gets throw in the steroid section. its nice when all the topics that belong here get knocked down to the bottom for posts like this and can i drink winny...
    Can I drink winny?

Quote Originally Posted by DrugsrGood
    Sheeit, Wont catch me workin a $40 shift... at least around here anyways.
    **** you only got 40 a night im getting 70 a night for 4 hours

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juddman
    Can I drink winny?
    yes you can unless you are bouncer then it must be done IM.

DrugsrGood is offline Associate Member
    **** you only got 40 a night im getting 70 a night for 4 hours
    Not me, I have a few boys that are bouncers. One of em has been at it for quite a while at one of the big bars around here and still only sees $50...

Risking getting your face kicked in for 50$, or 70$ or $100 a night...no thanks. I'd rather be the guy partying inside spending 50$. I'll stick to my desk job...

its not bad though I mean you have alot of bouncers there with if any sh@t goes down

its not bad though I mean you have alot of bouncers there with if any sh@t goes down
    Ya, it all depends on where you work and what type of bros that have your back I guess.

heckler45_2000 is offline Associate Member
    I use to be a bouncer back in the day.My first day on the job some guy was flashing his gun in the club and we had to surround him and grab his hands if he went for it. Great idea my boss had thank god he already handed it off to someone else who then turned it in.

Actually if you work the right clubs it's a great gig. I worked doors for 10 years.
    Try and always get a hot club that has an entrance line. You can make a couple hundred a night on "grease" to jump the line. Also, you get laid a lot because there are a whole lot of chicks out there who are more comfortable talking to you then the drunk guys. Then there are the bouncer groupies which are a whole lotta fun as well.

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    I bounce at the local MMA gym/bar. We have a open bar and boxing ring in the middle of the floor. I get free beer and live entertainment. Guys get drunk and put the headgear on beat on each other. My job is to keep people from fighting in the audience but thats easy because if you want to fight, you can do it in the ring, with a ref, and legally beat someones ass.

niXon)( is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock-19
    I bounce at the local MMA gym/bar. We have a open bar and boxing ring in the middle of the floor. I get free beer and live entertainment. Guys get drunk and put the headgear on beat on each other. My job is to keep people from fighting in the audience but thats easy because if you want to fight, you can do it in the ring, with a ref, and legally beat someones ass.
    That sounds awsome, what state or states is this MMA thing in?

Spyder Guest
    my girlfriend has two bouncers ... i love them!

i'm bigger than all of the bouncers at my local hardcore scene venue. whenever i get into a fight with someone it takes at least 3 of them to restrain me. i think it's funny. they hate it when i go to shows there.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I work Saturday nights at a club in Macon, GA.

As other have said it doesn't pay much, but I truly work there for the camaraderie.

I work with a great bunch of guys, the majority of which are over 30. We are constantly ragging on one another, but when there is trouble, it is good to know that 9 other big MF’s will be running to your assistance.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juddman
    Risking getting your face kicked in for 50$, or 70$ or $100 a night...no thanks. I'd rather be the guy partying inside spending 50$. I'll stick to my desk job...
    hell ya bro!!!

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    well, at that maybe 100$ for 4hrs, i would risk the kick to the face for that lol

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    I bounce at a strip club. It's a good job from a practical standpoint because you paid decently for doing basically nothing. But I'm getting sick of it.

Talking

see thats where its at strip clubbbs

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    I am a bouncer at a big nightclub over here, 100 cash per night.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegr8One
    i was once a bouncer... gave it up the pay is inadequate and the health plan sux
    you're doing it wrong if the pay is your problem. work at the hottest place in town, and the tips can make it a real moneymaker. i've seen guys pull $500, 600 even $800 a night (but not every night) at a super elite place. there's nothing unethical about it, the smart managers WANT to have the high rollers inside spending money, not standing in line for an hour.

as far as the health plan goes - bouncing is best as an extra job for extra money, not as a career you plan to take care of your family with for the rest of your life. finish school, get a legit career going, but keep picking up weekends at the local hotspots. even if you're only making short money, you'll be amazed at what a what a swing that is when you make a hundred instead of spending a hundred friday and saturdy nights. thats a $20,000.00 swing over the course of a year. by comparison, being on GH, 4 IUs a day, 5 on 2 off for a year is only $3,000.00

if you know what you're doing, you'll also get a lot more ass working than you do going out on your own. it's better for an athlete too because you're not drinking when you socialize.

as you get older, you'll notice that your friends will all be going out with girls who are...well, they're older, and their bodies are sagging and nothing looks as good as it used to. but you'll still be plugged into the scene, and be banging young hotties until you're completely tired of it and ready to settle down.
    Last edited by MMA; 04-27-2005 at 03:16 PM.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    see thats where its at strip clubbbs
    i've worked at strip clubs, it gets old quick, and it's actually a lot less fun than a regular club. and if you start tagging the girls, they keep the girl but get rid of you to avoid drama.

strip club = 10 girls, 300 guys

hot club downtown = 1000 women, equal number of men. and there will be at least twice as many strippers (on nights off) at your hot club than there are at the strip club.

the best bouncer type job i ever had was actually a male stripper night for bachelorette parties. think about it. hundreds of drunken women getting wild with their friends, no men except for the dancers and staff. they had us go shirtless in chippendale type outfits to keep with the theme of the night. i was mauled and molested every day, i'll be traumatized for life

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    the best bouncer type job i ever had was actually a male stripper night for bachelorette parties. think about it. hundreds of drunken women getting wild with their friends, no men except for the dancers and staff. they had us go shirtless in chippendale type outfits to keep with the theme of the night. i was mauled and molested every day, i'll be traumatized for life [/QUOTE]

Im jealous! That sounds like that would be fun as hell. if you couldnt get laid there you got issues. But I totally agree....a nightclub has lots of tail, I have met PLENTY of nice chicks at the place I work not to mention all the cuties that I work with (waitresses of course)

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    I did some bouncing last year...if you work at a bar or club where you can take "commissions" at the door you can do really well. My bud was bringing in $300-$400 a night at a club downtown. At the bar I worked we could not take any money (it was monitored via CCTV) so I was making $44 per night...way to little. I quit.

decadbal is offline Banned
    ill bounce your ass right off here if u keep asking interrogative type ?s

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    I did some bouncing last year...if you work at a bar or club where you can take "commissions" at the door you can do really well. My bud was bringing in $300-$400 a night at a club downtown. At the bar I worked we could not take any money (it was monitored via CCTV) so I was making $44 per night...way to little. I quit.
    i don't blame you. i still don't understand why some clubs care, they should WANT the big spenders inside spending money, not standing in line. i've had owners that actually encouraged it.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    "you can't come in"

"i'll kick your ass!"

"maybe you will, but you still wouldn't get a beer. go home"
    Last edited by MMA; 04-27-2005 at 05:35 PM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i have been a bouncer at a few bars in ATL.. not anymore tho..

Thread Information