MMA
    MMA is offline VET

clarification of the gibberish i posted on the Glock thread

"i noticed that he said target practice with your pistol while YOU are getting shot at by paintball guns.. or fave your friends pummel you. um not too safe!"

alright, now i'm just starting to make an ass out of myself by just skimming these posts and trying top come back with intelligent responses to things i half-read. i read about fat mike practicing with paintball guns, which i've done and i think is very useful for firearms training. looking at the exact paintball exercise he suggests, i don't think it's overly safe or useful. real paintball teaches you to move and think and work as a team, how to use cover, and can be quite active and adrenal. it is a a useful adjunct (but not a replacement) for real firearms training.

there is no real replacement for real firearms training with real ammo, and hung solos method is a pretty safe method to put yourself in an adrenal mode prior to firing real ammo. it's hard to think of anything more a range master would even tolerate other than vigorous exercise BEFORE you hit his range.

i hope this clarifies the series of misunderstood brain-farts i just inflicted on this thread.

*hangs head in shame and promises to read more carefully before spouting off*

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    this will also be the designated "free fire zone" for the glock dispute, so we don't have to jack barbis thread anymore.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    For the record....it wasn't you......it was the name calling and crap.

Not mad at ya
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    For the record....it wasn't you......it was the name calling and crap.

Not mad at ya
    thanks barbi. i wasn't embarassed about name calling, i'm embarassed because i gave bum advice because i didn't fully read the posts i was responding to.

Well it's good that you can admit that .

Peace
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    i never started the name calling but when someone does it to you post after post you have to retaliate eventually.

the range we use is a private range w/o any rangemaster and we rely on ourselves to make it as safe as possible. its no different than a standard firing line with everyone behind a line with you while you fire down range except they are firing at you from each side with paint. you sit in a bunker and try to pop up and fire downrange at several different targets and we time it. For me that is the most intense training i can duplicate safely as i dont have access to police training exercises. I have 9 yrs experience with guns and have worked at a gun shop and know most of the gun laws pretty well in florida atleast. I have shot fully automatic just about everything as the dlr i worked for was the largest class III in florida. That is as difficult as it comes to stay on target. I would say my knowledge is above avg and better than even some of the cops that used to shop with us. But by no means could i say i have the experience that military, special ops, swat has. I just know that if i am put in any given situation that calls for me drawing my gun I'll do whatever I have to do to stay alive.

Anyone ever use the FATS? That's an awesome experience. I got hit with one of the pellets that fire at you and it left a nice bruise.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    Anyone ever use the FATS? That's an awesome experience. I got hit with one of the pellets that fire at you and it left a nice bruise.

never heard of it... i got hit with a pepper ball before though and that sucked!! dropped right to my knees.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    never heard of it... i got hit with a pepper ball before though and that sucked!! dropped right to my knees.

Fire Arms Training Simulator

oh ok never had the chance to do that...

Firearms Training Simulator. I was gonna explain it but here's a link to the page.

http://www.fatsinc.com/

that sounds pretty serious and exciting. too bad its not for civilians...

great learning tool.....without the danger.....well unless you count the bruises from the pellets.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    i never started the name calling but when someone does it to you post after post you have to retaliate eventually.

Retaliate my arse. There's a course of action you should take, everyone should know and I'd be surprised if you plead ignorance.

Moderators are here to step into a thread and stop that cr*p happening. I haven't seen the thread so I'm not pointing a finger at you in particular but thats the course of action people should take.

I deleted the thread because I didn't want it to get any further. MMA started this thread to clarify his statments. There's no NEED to start the crap again guys. Just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Retaliate my arse. There's a course of action you should take, everyone should know and I'd be surprised if you plead ignorance.

Moderators are here to step into a thread and stop that cr*p happening. I haven't seen the thread so I'm not pointing a finger at you in particular but thats the course of action people should take.
    its too bad you never got to read it.

Thread Information