TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

natural growth limits....what do u guys think??

how many people think there is natural growth limits, saying that with ur given genetics, u can only get to a certain size until u use something such
    as gear??? my parents are both pretty small, my dad said the heaviest he
    was was 160. im currently 35 pounds past that. lately though the
    growth has just been very slow/almost non-existant. trying to decide if ive
    just hit a plateau and need to up the diet, or if ive just hit my limit in terms
    of my size and genetics. u guys think basically anybody can get to a solid 250 lbs ??? or do u think without the right genes its not gonna happen??
    Last edited by TheDfromGC; 05-03-2005 at 05:53 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    W/out the right genes, no that won't happen.

Additionally, even w/gear trying to support the lack of genes, it's still not going to happen. You can't make a frame hold 300 lbs., even if you could add the 300.

~SC~

300 is actually a bit of an exxageration, how about attaining the size u have?? u think without the correct genes it wouldnt be possible??
    Last edited by TheDfromGC; 05-01-2005 at 09:46 PM.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    here is my quetion. If we are still young, and growth is starting to slow down, through steroids , hard work and nutrition, is it possible to gain 50 more pounds.

Talking about the average guy, 5'8-5'11, no i dont think hardly anyone (1 in a few million) can get there. I think you know what kind drug habits the pros use. And at least i think that there are a good amount of ifbb pros that arent 300 at the average height

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    here is my quetion. If we are still young, and growth is starting to slow down, through steroids , hard work and nutrition, is it possible to gain 50 more pounds.

Talking about the average guy, 5'8-5'11, no i dont think hardly anyone (1 in a few million) can get there. I think you know what kind drug habits the pros use. And at least i think that there are a good amount of ifbb pros that arent 300 at the average height
    yea, 300 isnt my goal, i should have been more specific, im wondering if the average guy on the street can get to the point of having the an ideal physique like swolecats, basically just get to about a solid 230-250... .... if his genes arent the best....

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    yea, 300 isnt my goal, i should have been more specific, im wondering if the average guy on the street can get to the point of having the an ideal physique like swolecats, basically just get to about a solid 230-250... .... if his genes arent the best....
    No you are not going to get a physique like swolecats without good genetics. With perfect dieting, hard lifting, and proper supplementation you certainly can achieve a good physique and one that you wouldn't achieve naturally but it takes all those things and great genetics to start to achieve that level. Believe me if you could simply do it with drugs I would look like Ronnie Coleman instead of Gary Coleman.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I am not sure about genetic limits.. I weigh more then anyone in my family, but I have a nice solid frame, I was refered to as a refrigerator in public school lol

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    my parents are small but i am an inch taller than my dad and currently 60 pounds heavier after my bulker. i sure hope my genetics will allow me to get big.

j martini is offline Member
    Not everyone has the frame to support 300 pounds of MUSCLE, anyone can be 300 pounds and fat.
    But there is no reason why a 220 pound bodybuilder cant be as good as a 300 pound bodybuilder eg Dexter Jackson and Ronnie Coleman.

Cmore is offline Associate Member
    I believe there are natural growth limits to a certain extent. My entire family is built lean and short. I have possibly 3 people total in my family (counting my dad and mom's sides and all distant relatives) that are over 6' tall. And those few that passed the 6' mark are only an inch or two over. Most of the males in my family are around 5'8" - 5'10" and the females are around 5'1" - 5'3". I have played sports, lifted weights, and kept in good shape all my life. I am currently 5'8.5" and weigh about 140 (after gaining 5 pounds recently from eating like a horse). My family has great genetics as far as health and being in shape with a nice lean physique, but as far as size goes, it's just not anywhere to be found. After improving my diet and workout some more I am going to go on my first cycle, trying to get past the plateau I have been at for some time.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Word: Cell-tech And Nitro-tech

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    absolutely no one in my family is build nor has size from which to benefit growth....(even going generations back) I started lifting at a young age and was building my chassis to become wider and withstand extreme size gains since than up to date.........invest allot of time in your physique and u'll be good to go………..don't blame ur parents for ur own laziness………..........

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    don't blame ur parents for ur own laziness………..........
    Wow. Truer words were never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    absolutely no one in my family is build nor has size from which to benefit growth....(even going generations back) I started lifting at a young age and was building my chassis to become wider and withstand extreme size gains since than up to date.........invest allot of time in your physique and u'll be good to go………..don't blame ur parents for ur own laziness………..........
    not trying to blame them at all, just dont want to spend time/effort into accomplishing a goal when that goal is unattainable

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Dude i wouldnt wanna be 300 lbs. You know how much you gotta eat ??? i meet a guy at about 285 ripped he ate 300 grames or protein in meat form then took down 200 on powder form pluse al his carbs and fats he was hittin like 8000 cals a day always had a cooler packed and sweetin like a mother he was so big

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    are you talking about someone taking gear or naturally training with there own hormones that genetics has given them?

natural

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    natural
    i definately think there's only so big you can get and how much your natural hormone levels will hold. What i think is the best idea in this case is to get to a decent size or close to your natural potential and jsut get as lean and mean as possible at that max amount of muscle your body will hold.

LL08 is offline Member
    At the end of the day maximise what you have. If your still young keep pushing hard naturally because after some time at the plateau your body will evolve. Not in the same sense as evolution of a species but parts of your body will adapt to the extra training and load. This occurs until you are about 30 but is the most noticeable from teen years to 24-25. So once you reach a good level naturally add some juice. BUt like i was saying maximise what you have and you'll be happier for it and get more out of life. you can spend a lifetime thinking about what if i had better this that and ...

-LL

Thread Information