Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IronFreakX is offline Banned

carrying a knife

can u walk with a knife in the states? or is it illegal ? here if u carry a knife u get 3 months just for carrying a knife!

and do u carry 1?

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    yea u can but only to a certain length, generally go by the width of ur hand, if its longer, its illegal

so u can carry a gun if u have a license?but u can only carry a knife with a length limit? and a gun kills faster at a longer distance ? thats an oxymoron law

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    you cant carry a gun in most of the states, and soon enough you wont be able to in any

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    can u walk with a knife in the states? or is it illegal ? here if u carry a knife u get 3 months just for carrying a knife!

and do u carry 1?
    where is herE?

here is a ****place called egypt which im leaving for good u know the one with the pyramids and the recent islamic terrorist attacks

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    No its not a "oxymoron" law... u can only carry a gun in some states and u need a license as well as restrictions as to what guns u can have (IE: the length of a barral on a shotgun). Knifes you dont need a license since they have every day purpose, but one restriction is the length (i think it might be a 4inch max, but i could be wrong), anything longer then that isnt needed for every day use.

so u can carry a gun if u have a license?but u can only carry a knife with a length limit? and a gun kills faster at a longer distance ? thats an oxymoron law

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    if you get busted by the cops theyll charge you with carrying a concealed weapon even if the knife is within certain length

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    No its not a "oxymoron" law... u can only carry a gun in some states and u need a license as well as restrictions as to what guns u can have (IE: the length of a barral on a shotgun). Knifes you dont need a license since they have every day purpose, but one restriction is the length (i think it might be a 4inch max, but i could be wrong), anything longer then that isnt needed for every day use.
    see it is an oxymoron law u can carry a gun but knives to a certain length

a gun will do more damage than the knife even if the knife is 9" long

here is a ****place called egypt which im leaving for good u know the one with the pyramids and the recent islamic terrorist attacks
    sounds like fun, how is that going

my brass knuckles are above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    sounds like fun, how is that going
    ah its going gr8 especially when u get death threats for dissing islam &muslims

newb is offline New Member
    3 inch is maximum on blade length. And dont carry a knife in the states thats just stupid and looking for trouble. Unless you're...opening boxes all day?

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    ah its going gr8 especially when u get death threats for dissing islam &muslims
    Why not stay? You will not do anyone anygood anywhere else... One word "worthless", no need to look it up you know exactly who you are.

i dunno should i just start a flame war maybe get banned and not post here?
    see it wont do nething wont solve nething if u were infront of me tho id do smth close to killing u

i dunno should i just start a flame war maybe get banned and not post here?
    see it wont do nething wont solve nething if u were infront of me tho id do smth close to killing u
    kill me huh? your banning wouldn't mean much.

and y should i give a **** bout wut u think i mean just wondering really?

newb is offline New Member
    something close...and it wouldnt be good enough. You would have your 3 inch blade that would hurt me, but my fists would kill you. Enjoy your knife.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    my E-Cock is ginormous.

thats gr8

psleez65 is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't Bro. You'll be too apt to use it. I know it happened to me. Nothing sucks more than court commishoner telling you your bail is 35,000 dollars. Thank god for bondsmen.

well thats y i wanna carry it to use it

i sometimes take a gf to this place like a hill or a mountain not sure wut it is really
    get some wine and **** a bit last time 3 guys showed up outta no where didnt look good so we left and i didnt have nething with me i still wanna go there that place is beautiful but i dont wanna worry bout our safety

Unoid is offline Member
    You need a liscense for almost all states to carry a concealed weapon, including certain knives. Although there are some stats that still have open NON-concealed carry w/o needing a permit. At least here in indiana I can carry all the guns I want concealed, including knives. Except on school property and some public buildings, like courthouses.

I won't let the liberals in this country take my rights to protection away!

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have a permit to carry a pistol here in Georgia; costs around $40 for the finger printing and the records check, and takes around 8 weeks go get.

About knifes, I take around 10 to 15 knifes away from patrons, on an average Saturday night at the club where I work. They aren't trying to sneak knifes into the club they are usually wearing them in plain site, and just forget to leave them in their vehicle.

i dont wanna worry bout our safety
    Bro, I've been carrying a knife since I was a 10 year old cub scout... I always have a small swiss army knife in my left pocket and a leatherman in a sheath on my belt.

But when it comes to personal protection I would NEVER use one of my knives... waving a knife around in a confrontation is a sure way to get your arse kicked and escalating a situation real quickly.

If you need a "self defence" tool you can carry, go for a blackjack, a sap or a police spring steel baton and learn to use it. I use a blackjack, and have been looking into getting a small police baton.

Remember, if you're going to present a weapon to an attacker, you'd better be ready to use it all the way. I am personally not ready to stab or cut someone... breaking their jaw with a blackjack or shattering their hand with a baton on the other hand I am quite ready to do.

You have many options, most of which are probably "more legal" than carrying a knife in your country.

Red

GOATNUTS is offline Member

and do u carry 1?
    i have a colt m-16

cjp85 is offline Member
    The people who have a license to carry aren't just having fun shooting at people and trying to kill all the time so the argument that a gun could potentially kill someone faster doesn't hold water. The fact is, most people aren't great shooters and a knife would be the better option for them. In order to get a handgun permit, you have to go through training and 99.99% of the people who have them would only use it as a last resort. Seriously, when was the last time you heard of a shootout between permit holders that wasn't a self-defense situation?

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Im pretty sure, You cannot carry any knife longer than 3 inches in the states, and it cannot be a fixed blade...

I still carry a switch blade, however, for safety reasons in the area I live in

bigen: 40$ for a permit!!!! haha thats ****ing cheap here id have to wait till im 21 pay about 3000-4000 egp (bribes)and theres a chance that i wouldnt get it

red ketchup: yes i am ready to use it all the way last time i was in a fight (theres a thread bout it) i stabbed a guy in his thigh with his knife and did lotsa damage dunno if hes dead or not id deff kill some1 if they were trying to kill me
    u see where i go there are tons of drug dealears,criminals etc...

black jacks brass knuckles etc.. are all weapons here id get in trouble i was i thinkin bout a needle leave some air in pop it in the neck done

ostie: 3 inches huh?i think its 3 inches here too how do they expect ppl to defend themselves i mean here not in the states no knives no guns no weapons so wut u just depend on ur fists? wut a ****ing joke

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    a lot of misinfomation on this thread. knife laws are not standard throughout the country, so anyone giving blanket advice without mentioning that it ony applies in certain states could be giving a bro bum advice that would get him into legal trouble. some states limit length, some allow all single edged weapons, some limit any blade with a switchblade mechanism (tactical folders are usually good). in my state, brass knuckles are covered by the same law as illegal knives, and i can't imagine a jurisdiction that wouldn't ban them. if someone could name one, i'd like to know.

carrying a firearm is legal in every state, the right to bear arms is guaranteed in the bill of rights. the only question is how many restrictions they put on you, and how any hoops they make you jump through to get a meaningful license. the most common restriction is not allowing concealed carry, which makes it almost worthless unless you're uniformed security. but don't give up before you try, it is one of your rights, and in many states, they can't deny you a license if you're clean and you just keep trying. it's the local police chief that makes the decision, so he wants to make it as difficult as possible, but it is still your right.

BTW - getting ANY kind of permit may be a good idea, even if you plan to do an illegal concealed carry every day. in my state, carrying outside of your restriction results only in losing your license and a summons to court. this is much better than a 5 year minimum mandatory for illegal posession of a firearm.

but u can have as much knives as u want at ur house rite?

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Your house is a different story then carrying in public. You can have all the guns/knives u want at your house without a permit.

but u can have as much knives as u want at ur house rite?

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    Your house is a different story then carrying in public. You can have all the guns/knives u want at your house without a permit.
    damn thats such a relief im gonna invite all my enemies over hehe

all u need in life is a good pair of jeans and a knife

all u need in life is a good pair of jeans and a knife
    Is that from the satanic bible? hahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Is that from the satanic bible? hahahahahahaha
    yes satan told me to infrom the humans that all they need are jeans and knives

dude seriously wut is ur problem with me did i do ur mom,sis or g/f or were they all in that 4some i had , just need some clarity

thnx

LOL, yeah you did all three. Because you are so good looking. hahahahaha

i know

i get that alot

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    you cant carry a gun in most of the states, and soon enough you wont be able to in any
    ..... Not true, Oh misinformed one. Only seven states do not have concealed carry permits, and more states will soon follow suit.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i have a gun, i dont need a knife

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Bro, I've been carrying a knife since I was a 10 year old cub scout... I always have a small swiss army knife in my left pocket and a leatherman in a sheath on my belt.

But when it comes to personal protection I would NEVER use one of my knives... waving a knife around in a confrontation is a sure way to get your arse kicked and escalating a situation real quickly.

If you need a "self defence" tool you can carry, go for a blackjack, a sap or a police spring steel baton and learn to use it. I use a blackjack, and have been looking into getting a small police baton.

Remember, if you're going to present a weapon to an attacker, you'd better be ready to use it all the way. I am personally not ready to stab or cut someone... breaking their jaw with a blackjack or shattering their hand with a baton on the other hand I am quite ready to do.

You have many options, most of which are probably "more legal" than carrying a knife in your country.

Red
    some good points here. also, anytime you successfully use a knife for self defense, expect to be charged with murder/attempted murder. if your case is solid, you should beat it after blowing every cent you have on legal fees and going thru a year of hell. and you won't always beat it. last year, a Harvard grad student was attacked by 2 convicted crack dealers who were starting $hit with random people. he was down and they were taking the boots to him. he pulled out his pocket knife and stabbed once. the guy died and he was convicted of manslaughter. he wasn't even allowed to bring up their violent past in court, he was simply railroaded into prison.

the baton is much more useful, but i would recomend a double action mace/pepper spray in addition, even more useful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information