Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dieselrip is offline Banned

Angry people stairing at you in the gym

it seems that when im in the gym and i have my pump going people start to stair at me. i thought that it was in my head but my partner said they are. are they gay? are they wanting a beat down? or are they just jealous? i know that they probably look at me and say o that dude is juicing. who gives a **** let me lift the weights or we can go outside and i can lift you. almost makes me want to turn my basement into a home gym. frakin haters man. anyone else have the feeling that all eyes are on you when you get pumped up?

peace,

dieselrip

GOATNUTS is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselrip
    it seems that when im in the gym and i have my pump going people start to stair at me. i thought that it was in my head but my partner said they are. are they gay? are they wanting a beat down? or are they just jealous? i know that they probably look at me and say o that dude is juicing. who gives a **** let me lift the weights or we can go outside and i can lift you. almost makes me want to turn my basement into a home gym. frakin haters man. anyone else have the feeling that all eyes are on you when you get pumped up?

peace,

dieselrip
    i get it all the time bro...

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    Not the right foum for this Bro...
    Ya people always looking at me
    People telling me im getting bigger by the week..
    I like it my self
    Haters ? Not a big deal..

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    I stopped working out at the gym. Bought a bunch of equip for the basement. For most of those pusses its a social club anyway. Its okay, now I can yell your mamas a whore if I cant get the last rep out.

ElWrighty is offline New Member
    same here bro but its mostly kids and the "wannabe" as me my training partner calls them i just get on with training block the world out and just lift.

dude i workout at my local YMCA and i'm easily the biggest motherfukker there. people stare in awe at the weight i put up. i think it's great. it's pretty much a known fact around the gym that i juice but whatever, i dont care.

then people try to talk to me and i blow them off or pretend not to hear them. so everyone there doesnt bother getting in my way cause they think i'm a terrible unfriendly asshole.

Soup is offline Associate Member
    Doesn't sound like they are gay, haters, or want a fight. They are probably noticing how hard you lift and how big you are. take it as a compliment and go about your business.

dieselrip is offline Banned
    lol or how about the hoe's that see you and the they shrug there shoulders and hold it the entire time there in the gym to look big. there is this one bitc&*& at my gym that walks with his shoulders shruged the entire time. and then there is those that load a tone of weight on and only lift it a half inch up or down..i hate those kind of people and just want to choke them all. the gym is to work out not to come and play and try to look like your doing something when clearly you are not. fags..lol

bigger is offline Senior Member
    what did u think bro, cores pple staires at u , never seen a bigger mofo before, i had a few friends who fellt needed to brag and show their mucle in the gym, well they got bannd from there, bcuz, it turnd out that fewer pple shown up hehe

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    lol or how about the hoe's that see you and the they shrug there shoulders and hold it the entire time there in the gym to look big. there is this one bitc&*& at my gym that walks with his shoulders shruged the entire time. and then there is those that load a tone of weight on and only lift it a half inch up or down..i hate those kind of people and just want to choke them all. the gym is to work out not to come and play and try to look like your doing something when clearly you are not. fags..lol
    It appears to me that you pay more attention to the people around you than you do to your workout.

I'd call you a showoff, as these people are in every gym of course, but I'm too busy to actually care.

You have too much time on your hands if you notice all these things.

~SC~

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    It appears to me that you pay more attention to the people around you than you do to your workout.

I'd call you a showoff, as these people are in every gym of course, but I'm too busy to actually care.

You have too much time on your hands if you notice all these things.

~SC~
    I agree. How do you know they are constantly looking if you aren't constantly looking at them? Supposition, wishful thinking, inflated ego?

I used to be one of these guys. I just wanted to look like a few of the bigger guys in the gym, thats all. It wasnt because I was gay or anything, it was just motivating watching them train sometimes. Now I sometimes notice I'm getting the looks, but I probably dont notice as much as it happens because I just wear my hat down really low and look down whenever I'm not doing a set usually. You do grow tired of it, but if your truly a bigger dude you'll get those looks anyplace you go so it's really nothing. In 4 weeks I'm taking my girl and stepdaughter to the water park, so I better get used to it because you see the shape most people are in at amusement parks??

soontoberipped is offline Associate Member
    I think alot of it has to do with people respecting your workouts and how you train. I know when I was starting and saw big guys working out, I'd take note of their exercises and try them out once in a while. They motivated me and gave me inspiration.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soontoberipped
    I think alot of it has to do with people respecting your workouts and how you train. I know when I was starting and saw big guys working out, I'd take note of their exercises and try them out once in a while. They motivated me and gave me inspiration.
    agreed. if people are staring at u, ur obviously doin something right and ur prob in good shape. if they're staring at u im sure its not like if there staring at u if were at a bar, or something. they just want to see what it looks like when a person trains hard/smart, diet, and uses whatever u might be on.(cell-tech obviously)

system admin is offline Owner
    I would take it as a compliment. You work hard and people notice. I get it from time to time, but dont pay much attention to it. I am not an attention whore, so sometimes I feel uncomfortable. Other times, I love that people are motivated by my workouts. It makes me lift harder.

bc

There are other people in the gym???

Red

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

Red
    C'est ça j'me demandais moi aussi

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    you sound just like my old work out partner he is like
    that mofo was staring me down.. and im like who? wtf? are you retarded? i look over and its an old man just trying to do a few curls. seriously i hate it i dont understand why people bother so much w/ those around them.
    another time we are in there working out and this huge Meathead about 270 or so walks by and is like hey wuts up. my partner is like WTF did you see the way he was staring me down... he is just angry he cant look like us naturally. wutever

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    Word.

Maybe if he posted pics of himself, we'd know what everyone was staring at, though? Like....maybe he has a third arm or something?

I don't get stares at all in the Gym...I'm like 5'7" and only 200lbs...I'm pretty ripped, but that's not the kind of physique people stare at, I think.

people stare at me all the time ... but i do Abnormal things ...

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    word.

i had that happen to me once or twice.

I used to lay down and do bench in my bermudas, turns out my pecker was hangin out

so, noo wonder poeple were staring.

something to consider there bigguy

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

Red
    old red works out without his glasses so he cant see shit around him lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    word.

i had that happen to me once or twice.

I used to lay down and do bench in my bermudas, turns out my pecker was hangin out

so, noo wonder poeple were staring.

something to consider there bigguy
    thank god my shlong never flopped out or they wouldnt be calling me big guy anymore

Maybe he wears typical BB'er clothes to the gym (Clown pants, Otomix shoes, Hotskins string tank top, fingerless gloves, "do rag," and a fag-bag), and people are wondering where they can buy a similar outfit?

bmf2 is offline Elite Female - AR-Hall of Famer
    lmao indeed!!

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Maybe he wears typical BB'er clothes to the gym (Clown pants, Otomix shoes, Hotskins string tank top, fingerless gloves, "do rag," and a fag-bag), and people are wondering where they can buy a similar outfit?

ohhh see, that outfit sounds SEXY.... no wonder people are staring.

its ALLLLLL ABOUT THE SEXY

Rod Farva is offline Associate Member
    If you really are 'big man on campus' then maybe they assume you know what you're doing so they're looking at your form on certain exercises. I know the basics but certain exercises I know I'm not doing quite correctly. Not to mention I look to other people who appear to be in good shape (theoretically know what they're doing) for new ideas of other exercises to do. Lastly, since I work out by myself, I have a couple minutes between sets of nothing to do so I end up looking around. I'm not trying to stare at anybody but if I'm focusing on something else (next set, what weight to go up to or whatever), it's possible I've inadvertantly locked onto something and might appear to be staring when I might have my eyes open but not really looking at anything.

Maybe he's one of those dudes who carries a cooler with chicken breasts and protein shakes everywhere he goes? Like...there's a big cooler sitting next to the squat rack while he's squatting...?

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i enjoy that. helps with motivation

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Maybe he's one of those dudes who carries a cooler with chicken breasts and protein shakes everywhere he goes? Like...there's a big cooler sitting next to the squat rack while he's squatting...?

or like a full out gas barbeque... with like a huge pig carcass on a spit churning over and over and some little phillapino woman constantly basting it and singing some native phillapine songs....

and hes walkin around in his sexy outfit... goin ... .WHAT??

WHATCHU LOOKIN AT??

QUIT "STAIRING" AT ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    old red works out without his glasses so he cant see shit around him lol
    Don't laugh, before I had my eyes laser zapped a few years ago I would leave my glasses in the lockers... couldn't see a darn thing without 'em.

Now I just crank up the MP3 and disappear in my happy place

Red

V5RED is offline Associate Member
    hmm my juice must be good....26yrs 5'8 bench 330-1x weigh in at 166 6%bf...will post pics on monday so look fer em . im no monster but im getting there.dieselrip
    this is from another thread posted in today, but i cant really see people staring at a 166lb individual...also at that weight y ru juicing?

ps:impressive bench for ur weight esp at that b/f level

166 lbs?

I never saw that.

I wouldn't even look once, as if you turned sideways I'd probably miss you!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Farva
    If you really are 'big man on campus' then maybe they assume you know what you're doing so they're looking at your form on certain exercises. I know the basics but certain exercises I know I'm not doing quite correctly. Not to mention I look to other people who appear to be in good shape (theoretically know what they're doing) for new ideas of other exercises to do. Lastly, since I work out by myself, I have a couple minutes between sets of nothing to do so I end up looking around. I'm not trying to stare at anybody but if I'm focusing on something else (next set, what weight to go up to or whatever), it's possible I've inadvertantly locked onto something and might appear to be staring when I might have my eyes open but not really looking at anything.

Damn good post. I am so focused half the time, tha in between my sets, my eyes are glazed over and I am just counting the time before I hit again. I do appear to be staring, but I am looking at absolutely nothing.

Bc

If it's a fine chick, yes I am staring.

So hard that it burns a hole through her spandex.

~SC~

By the way.. lets not turn this into a flame thread guys.

Thanks

bc

Cry0smate is offline Member
    I gotta be honest. It's people like you acting in the above manner that deters new members from wanting to walk into a gym in fear they will take slack or be made fun of for trying to change their physique. Alot of people do not know wtf they are doing and to be honest, I used to be one of them simply because there are 200 different stories about all of this out there.

And the paranoia that you are displaying screams insecurity. Sounds like you are the one with the issue man. Screw what other people are doing, I could careless, I'm not there to work on their physique, I'm there to work on mine. I walk in, crank up my MP3 and do my thing!

Well said!!!!!!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Cry0smate
    I gotta be honest. It's people like you acting in the above manner that deters new members from wanting to walk into a gym in fear they will take slack or be made fun of for trying to change their physique. Alot of people do not know wtf they are doing and to be honest, I used to be one of them simply because there are 200 different stories about all of this out there.

And the paranoia that you are displaying screams insecurity. Sounds like you are the one with the issue man. Screw what other people are doing, I could careless, I'm not there to work on their physique, I'm there to work on mine. I walk in, crank up my MP3 and do my thing!
    we got an iron pumping Doctor Phil HERE!! look at that pinpoint accuracy !!! i cant wait for the day my lifting partner moves away so i can go back to mp3'ing ... instead of listening to him.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    we got an iron pumping Doctor Phil HERE!! look at that pinpoint accuracy !!! i cant wait for the day my lifting partner moves away so i can go back to mp3'ing ... instead of listening to him.
    Tell him to shut the fukk up and lift.. or just put your headphones in and ignore him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information