Thread: Need some proof

Ironman5151 is offline Associate Member

Need some proof

My g/f is pissing me off by always saying that the way I'm eating is unhealthy for me. She's saying I eat to much and that the way I'm eating will decrease the length of my life, and its unhealthy for my heart and blah blah blah... All I do is take in around 350g of protein a day. I just eat healthy nothing crazy. Anyone got some information showing statistics of something proving the life span is better or longer for a healthlier eater vs someone who eats garbage??? Just would love to print out some information to give it to her so she will shutup and i can at her

mass junkie is offline banned
    Your girlfriend doesnt know that eating a healthy diet over garbage is better for you?

you sure that their was no mention of supplementation either legal or illegal brought up in the conversation?

haha. Just food only. She's saying not just the healthy part, but the amount that I eat is bad for me. She "says" she has people tell her its unhealthy and she says that her friends whos a nurse says its unhealthy and its driving me nuts...I just want something to shut her up

I bring up people like Arnold for examples...He eats more than I have before and he's just perfect...Then I have my aunt saying I'm going to pass out in the gym bc my potassium might get low. I have no idea where they get these ideas. They have no clue what there talking about and its driving me crazy. I just want something to make them leave me alone
    Last edited by Ironman5151; 05-05-2005 at 09:39 PM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I hear it all the time. They just don't understand how we can just eat and eat and force feed ourselves. If ya thinkabout it, that doesn't sound like it could be healthy... But as we all know here.... it is, I mean it's not like we're packing away junk food and gonna die of a heart attack like most.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    you have to realize that doctors and nurses are not formally trained in Nutrition. they take 1 clas and thats it. There job is to assist and fix you when you are broke. My sister is a nurse and she has no clue, she asks me about diet advice, reads books like atkins or south beach diet because she has no clue. She has been a nurse for 10 years. Go figure right!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Yeah, I agree with you guys. She probably hasn't even talked to a nurse. It just bugs me bc it gets brought up all the time. I mean I don't go around telling fat people they need to quit eating....thats like telling me I'm eating to much. I tell her its my life, I eat how I want to eat. Just would be nice to have some real proof. It's not a big deal, but it just get on my nerves bc I hear it all the time.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I will say in her defense that all the studies I have ever seen on longevity of life conclude that a very very low caloric diet is necessary. Of course I would rather die at 70 and muscular than at 110 and having spent a lifetime weighing 110lbs.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Simple, just get a new girlfriend!

~SC~

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Simple, just get a new girlfriend!

~SC~
    Best advice so far.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Btw, get a new aunt too.

Thread Information