D00fy is offline Anabolic Member

investing in stocks, online trading?

just wondering those online trading websites like www.etrade.com, and such is commission charged on a trade or per share of stock you buy

so for example a trade would be 30shares of stock = 7$ commission per trade or 7$ commission x 30 shares of stock??

just wondering

anyone have any helpful sites

jbol is offline Senior Member
    Try www.sharebuilder.com its $4 to buy,but $15.95 to sell no matter how many shares

$4 commission charged per share or $4 commission per trade which could be 100shares and it still would be $4?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Bump for Chicamohomico

jbol is offline Senior Member
    You could buy 1,000,000 shares and it still would be $4......The thing is you have to do it on a set date...these set dates are on tuesdays.You put in the order then they buy for you on the Tuesday that you specify.

nice nice

LoggedOut is offline Junior Member
    Scottrade... thats all I use. Very very simple, 7$ bux to buy 7$ to sell,,, no set dates, no nothing, you want it you buy it, or sell it... very easy,

any hidden fees ,like fees for stop orders,limit orders or whatever?

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Bump. I'd like to know more about this.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    ShareBuilder is especially good if you have an account with Wells Fargo... its easy to transfer money from checking/savings into a higher interest rate money market account that you can still put back into checking/savings anytime. Your funds in your money market account can then be used to buy securities - meanwhile your Money Market account will pay off better than your checking/savings. Having a lot of money in checking or savings is a waste - use your money to make money... money you make doing nothing is the best kind The Sharebuilder link for Wells Fargo is http://wellsfargo.sharebuilder.com

My advice is to first check your banks Web site to see if they endorse an online brokerage account... and make it easier to transfer funds there.

what do you think is the best approach to investing? Value Investining or Growth Investing hence DAY TRADING? Im looking for long term growth, I wanna start with 5,000 to invest. A few industries I been analyzing is the energy industry, especially since the summer is on the way. Also Im lookin at stocks that are heavily traded, especially what Cramer (Mad Money) has to offer, usually I look for undervalued stocks, maybe thats the best approach hoping to see a long term growth and than sale, IMO i think Day Traders just skrew the market up.... Let the market ride

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by D00fy
    what do you think is the best approach to investing? Value Investining or Growth Investing hence DAY TRADING? Im looking for long term growth, I wanna start with 5,000 to invest. A few industries I been analyzing is the energy industry, especially since the summer is on the way. Also Im lookin at stocks that are heavily traded, especially what Cramer (Mad Money) has to offer, usually I look for undervalued stocks, maybe thats the best approach hoping to see a long term growth and than sale, IMO i think Day Traders just skrew the market up.... Let the market ride
    IMO - if your young, I would invest a bit less conservative with a bit more risk but greater possible return... you have awhile left to recovery from any big losses. If you are over 35, you should probably have more conservative investments and a more diversified portfolio...

As far as day trading, there a expensive courses/books you can order to help you properly anaylze trends and predict your trades... I would research it a bit before jumping in. Some (I believe E-Trade does) online brokers let you set up educational accounts to practice investing in stocks (swing trading and such) without losing anything...

thanks for the advice, yah im learning about fundamental analysis and technical analysis

LoggedOut is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D00fy
    Your comment on the weather made me laugh,,,, not flaming you but it reminds me of the first time i bought a stock,,, i bought toro lawn and snow products without knowing anything about them,,, i bought it because it just started snowing outside the day earlier,,,, let me tell you this,, as i am still quite amateur to most..... DONT BUT 99% OF STOCK BASED ON THE WEATHER

Thread Information