Polska is offline Anabolic Member

I've noticed very few gym noobs show respect

So today is mother's day and the gym is practically empty like I imagined it would be. I am in there training legs this morning and it's very hard not to notice the only other three people in the weight room: two 6'0 or 6'1
    140-150 lb. guys and one 125 lb. guy.

So in between sets I am occasionally watching these guys train. The 'biggest' of the three guys, around a buck fifty, is in a wife beater. We'll call him Napolean. Now personally I dont feel comfortable in a beater at the gym, I usually train in a baggy sweater or long sleeved shirt, and I always give the bigger guys props by showing respect. I dont get in other people's way and I go about my own business....

Today was different. I always give props to the smaller guy for being there and training as long as he's respectful in return. But Napolean is strutting his stuff like he owns the place. Arms out with air lats inflated to the max, in his size xxx small wife beater, head high.

The entire time I was there I saw him train chest, traps, shoulders, biceps, and triceps. Not in any particular order, just going around to each different exercise to pump up that particular body part and move on. The worst part is the stares he continually shot my way. Him and his homies. The other part that annoyed me was that he didnt rack any weights that he used; he'd just leave them there for the toothfairy to find.

Eventually I finished my leg workout and Napolean and his crew disappeared from my mind. Now that I think back to it, you don't see very many younger gym newbies giving respect to the older guys. I wanted to say something to the kid but doing so would not have helped the situation; at the time I didn't have anything positive to say to him.

Sorry, just venting. Why so many young scrawny kids have that 'I am a gangbanger don't fukc with me' mentality is beyond me.....

clhp20 is offline Member
    Oh i hear ya... kids are just that, remember when you were a kid. You were better then everyone else. and bigger then everyone else.. Just chalk this up to inexperience and immaturity..

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    lol i was having a bad day a few weeks back and some little punks were just getting in my way. They were standing directly infront of me when i was trying to watch my form on exercises. Grabbing all the db's and using none of them. They left a whole pile of plates on the floor and i was as close as i have ever been to yelling at them to put them away. Some people are thoughtless in the gym. But then the gym to them is just a place, they dont respect it like we do.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, the gym sure ain't like prison is it? I mean, you can't just shank the guy or make him your bytch can you? Oh, well.

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    i hate when people dont clean up after themselves at the gym... put the ****ing weights back where they go...

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    Yeah, the gym sure ain't like prison is it? I mean, you can't just shank the guy or make him your bytch can you? Oh, well.
    I have several "bitches" at my gym.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I have several "bitches" at my gym.

Don't drop the soap in this guy's gym

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    you have to understand..when your a kid and you finally press 200 pnds...you can't tell them shit....they are now men. but that shit is annoying...i look back on how bad i thought i was and i was right

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hellapimpin
    you have to understand..when your a kid and you finally press 200 pnds...you can't tell them shit....they are now men. but that shit is annoying...i look back on how bad i thought i was and i was right
    He wasnt even close to 200. He was pressing 135 with terrible form... I guess 135 is a milestone for some though.

Luminaire is offline Associate Member
    i remember back in 11th grade when i put up 135 two times in the football team weight-room, or my first fight ever when everyone thought i was going to get my ass beat and i beat the crap out of the kid, I thought i was ****ing hulk hogan it was winter and i was walking around with beaters on for 2 straight weeks after that.... ego comes easy when your real young... however, I always respected my elders and especially had a lot of respect for the bigger guys in the gym, so i dono what thats about

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i just try to do my own sh1t in the gym, but i always show respect to others unless they piss me off. but that is one thing that pisses me off when they dont put the weights back, and its always the skinny guy or the newb that does it.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    lol...135 was defintly the first milestone..but at that weight i was not cocky..i believe i was 12. but compared to other 12 year olds... i was da shit.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    i feel you bro I dont feel comfortable wearing a beater in the gym either.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Hmmm I have no problem walking up to anyone and asking them to rack their weights. They don't do it I holler at them to be sure everyone hears me thanking them for not racking their weights.

Thread Information