TheCobra is offline Banned

British Royal Marine training would hand US ass's back on 22 plates

England hands the US ass back on 2 plates if you look at tha stats!! sory Mr yank your aint as tough as you like to think!! tha royal marines commandos, are tha shit!!

here are some of tha physical tests you have to complete

The Endurance Course
    Starting early in the morning trainees must complete a one and a half mile asault course across rough terrain, which includes a host of obstacles including culverts, deep pool and an underwater tunnels. Then they run four miles back to Lympstone. At the camp they then fire their weapon on the range. They must achieve six out of ten shots on the target, otherwise they will have to do it again. All this they must do carrying fighting order (32Ibs including weapon) Time: 60 minutes

The Tarzan Assault Course
    The Tarzan course is an aerial confidence test, which starts with a death slide and includes numerous obstacles and rope climbs, balance and strength manourves high up in the trees (your NOT supported- if you fall you are ****ed). It culminates with trainees climbing a 30ft wall. followed by The ground and aerial Assault course which incorporates a dozen or more punishing obstacles ending with a 12ft wall.. All this must be done carrying full fighting order (32lbs including weapon).
    Time: Recruits 13 minutes

The Nine Mile Speed March

This test requires the Recruits to ‘speed’ march a total distance of 9 miles in 90 minutes (10 minutes per mile) carrying full fighting gear and rifle , Both Recruits and Officers must run as a squad or troop.

The 30 Mile endurance march

This test consists of a 30-mile run across the english moors and hills over rough terrain carrying full fighting order, safety and navigation equipment, weapons. Starting early in the morning both Officers and recruits are split into teams or syndicates to complete the test in the time permitted.
    Time: 8 hours

Last edited by TheCobra; 05-11-2005 at 02:42 PM.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for telling us. I don't know what I would have done without this information.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=TheCobra]England hands the US ass back on 2 plates if you look at tha stats!! sory Mr yank your aint as tough as you like to think!! tha royal marines commandos, are tha shit!!

and they are much smarter then us too.... look, they even made special nice looking hats that must be magically bullet proof tho for combat. wish the US had those hats!!!

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks for your opinion...

OG

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well... I'll give them credit and they have my respect, but to say they'd hand us our asses is a very big over statement. I myself am prior service and was in the Teams and know first hand that our training is no less physically or mentally challenging than what they do, thank you very little.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I didn't read the original post. But coming from a professional (20 yrs military and counting) I rate the British soldier to be the best in the world, second would have to be the IDF.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    i dont believe it.

USA is the best!

alphaman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCobra
    England hands the US ass back on 2 plates if you look at tha stats!! sory Mr yank your aint as tough as you like to think!! tha royal marines commandos, are tha shit!!

here are some of tha physical tests you have to complete

The Endurance Course
    Starting early in the morning trainees must complete a one and a half mile asault course across rough terrain, which includes a host of obstacles including culverts, deep pool and an underwater tunnels. Then they run four miles back to Lympstone. At the camp they then fire their weapon on the range. They must achieve six out of ten shots on the target, otherwise they will have to do it again. All this they must do carrying fighting order (32Ibs including weapon) Time: 60 minutes

The Tarzan Assault Course
    The Tarzan course is an aerial confidence test, which starts with a death slide and includes numerous obstacles and rope climbs, balance and strength manourves high up in the trees (your NOT supported- if you fall you are ****ed). It culminates with trainees climbing a 30ft wall. followed by The ground and aerial Assault course which incorporates a dozen or more punishing obstacles ending with a 12ft wall.. All this must be done carrying full fighting order (32lbs including weapon).
    Time: Recruits 13 minutes

The Nine Mile Speed March

This test requires the Recruits to ‘speed’ march a total distance of 9 miles in 90 minutes (10 minutes per mile) carrying full fighting gear and rifle , Both Recruits and Officers must run as a squad or troop.

The 30 Mile endurance march

This test consists of a 30-mile run across the english moors and hills over rough terrain carrying full fighting order, safety and navigation equipment, weapons. Starting early in the morning both Officers and recruits are split into teams or syndicates to complete the test in the time permitted.
    Time: 8 hours

Have you ever heard of the Navy SEALS? Do a search on b.u.d.s training, and "hell week". It makes what you're describing look like girl scout camp.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    Have you ever heard of the Navy SEALS? Do a search on b.u.d.s training, and "hell week". It makes what you're describing look like girl scout camp.
    Actuallly the RM have the SBS who makes the SEAL looks like Schoolgirls

But comparing the HMRM to the USMC is like comparing an apple to a pineapple, in term they are similar but if you look at the infantry soldiers the RM are more elite than their US counterparts.

Actually I dont see the point of this thread!

Here my fav video

Royal Marines

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well being a SEAL all I can say is that what we do..... nothing schoolgirl about it! I won't sit here and bash any other military personel, nor will I sit here and allow anyone to trash talk the SEAL's or any otehr American military servicemen. I have respect for anyone involved with the military.... been there, done that and I understand just what it takes to involved with any elite branch. So please refrain from trash talking. It's one thing to be a service member and jokingly talk shyte to one another, but when ya haven't been there.... totally different story.

alphaman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Well being a SEAL all I can say is that what we do..... nothing schoolgirl about it! I won't sit here and bash any other military personel, nor will I sit here and allow anyone to trash talk the SEAL's or any otehr American military servicemen. I have respect for anyone involved with the military.... been there, done that and I understand just what it takes to involved with any elite branch. So please refrain from trash talking. It's one thing to be a service member and jokingly talk shyte to one another, but when ya haven't been there.... totally different story.

I never seen a SEAL that was a ballarina!

I'm from Va Beach(moved to Indy a couple months ago), and I have known several. I wasn't trash talking anything other than comparing the training he listed compared to what the SEALs do. I thought you might be when you said you were part of the "teams". Were you ever stationed in Hampton Roads? One of my closest friends just passed away, and his father and stepfather are SEALS, one of which I am sure you know of.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    now we have some commando froggies

Thread Information