g_2
    g_2 is offline New Member

Paranoia or complements?

Hi there all. I have a question that is insanely ridiculous, but I have to ask... I know I’m setting myself up to be flamed with this one…

I’m about 30 and almost two years into cycling. I’ve spent most my life around 150 lbs, which is probably a good average for my height. Now I’m about 200. I’ve noticed two things, I think, and wanted to see if you guys deal with the same types of things...

One, I notice people staring me down all the damn time now. I think it’s staring – definitely *extended* looking that puts me on edge a bit. Not something I’m used to.

The second thing is that people don’t really give room, say when walking directly at each other on the sidewalk. It’s almost like people are playing chicken all of a sudden. I get the impression it’s one of those “I know you’re bigger but I’m not scared of you” things. Maybe...

So here’s the question – as you guys have gotten bigger, have you noticed that people in general expect you to "back-up" your size, or am I just too high-strung from cycling for a while?

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    I think you're mistaking outspoken mental toughness for jealousy.

maxex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack
    I think you're mistaking outspoken mental toughness for jealousy.
    Your absolutley right. My experiance people start to treat me worse. Certain co-workers (who I might add I'm one sarcastic comment about juicin away from demlishing my bosses face), siblings ( will always be jelouse ), and friends. My one boss who is a short fat piece of crap, has been really pushing my fuc**ing buttons latley and if he keeps it up hes going to find himself sh*t outta luck. I feel like taking this motherf**ker by the back of the head and smashing it to his computer while hes on his gay azz horshoe forum, then sticking his head in the door jam while i slam it 100000000 times on his fat bugeyed face. who the hell does this guy think he is. Fukcing pu**y pisses me the hell of. Idont have a mean bone in my body but if i ever get fired im gonna hunt this motherfuker down.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by maxex
    Your absolutley right. My experiance people start to treat me worse. Certain co-workers (who I might add I'm one sarcastic comment about juicin away from demlishing my bosses face), siblings ( will always be jelouse ), and friends. My one boss who is a short fat piece of crap, has been really pushing my fuc**ing buttons latley and if he keeps it up hes going to find himself sh*t outta luck. I feel like taking this motherf**ker by the back of the head and smashing it to his computer while hes on his gay azz horshoe forum, then sticking his head in the door jam while i slam it 100000000 times on his fat bugeyed face. who the hell does this guy think he is. Fukcing pu**y pisses me the hell of. Idont have a mean bone in my body but if i ever get fired im gonna hunt this motherfuker down.
    lmao, I feel ya lol. I got this guy at work that keeps calling me Giambi, I should run in with a bat one day try to hit one out, just joking, pisses me off bad though, I have a temper. prob at work anyway so Im on probation there so I have to be good. I just look at his fat miserable ass and laugh it off, or when I get to the job smash the shit out of something with my hammer, usaually works!
    Last edited by BG; 05-09-2005 at 06:42 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Everybody moves outta my f*cking way.

~SC~

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    lmao, :

Flynman is offline Associate Member
    I have definately noticed people looking at me a lot more. I had a guy tell me "get the F*** outta my way" at a party last week. Now I could have broke him in 2 but then everyone would just say I'm a typical juicehead. So I let it go because I know what I'm capable of and thats my own personal satisfaction. Of course the ladies also look at me and squeeze my arms alot more so there is a plus side!!!

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    Thats because your always driving on the damn sidewalks!!!!

Luke_Skywalker is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxex

We must work for the same set of bosses.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Thats because your always driving on the damn sidewalks!!!!
    LMAO!

maxex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTSTARTINGNY
    lmao, I feel ya lol. I got this guy at work that keeps calling me Giambi, I should run in with a bat one day try to hit one out, just joking, pisses me off bad though, I have a temper. prob at work anyway so Im on probation there so I have to be good. I just look at his fat miserable ass and laugh it off, or when I get to the job smash the shit out of something with my hammer, usaually works!
    Usually I can just Ignore it but since I started running drol, just the sound of this azzholes fingertips tapping on his keyboard makes me wanna jab a pencil in his eyeball. Ive never done a cycle that gave me a short temper untill now. I thought it was a myth. This stuff makes me absolutley insane.

Tags is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I know what you mean about the sidewalk thing... usually every1 gets out of my way... But there was one time when this guy was walking and I went to the right to get out of his way, then he goes to the right, same side I'm on... Well this dude was smaller than me so I just stiff shouldered him and that dude lost balance and almost fell...

But other than that I notice that people move outa my way now I like that...

diezell is offline Senior Member
    i can agree my brother is always trying to be in a pissing contest with me it drives me nuts was never like that when i was 160 pounds

Angelis is offline Banned
    Same thing here started in late high school when I started getting "bigger" people where always messing with me... starring me down, picking fights, etc...

Two things they dont know about me

1) I never lose a starring contest
    2) I never back down from a challenege win or lose

Its something we just have to deal with. Oh and believe me brothers are the worst for this they are always trying to challenge me thing is ones a overweight "gamer" and ones a BMX'er low with BF and almost no muscle.

Thread Information