JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)

Bike insurance????

I know a few of you have bikes, and I wanted to know what you pay for insurance. Also, I have already been turned down by one company because Ive had my liscense restricted in the past. Anyone know a company that would insure me?

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    State Farm is great for Rockets....They do not classify them...simply go by cc....I insured a 954rr for $400 a year

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    state farm IMO sucks. They have the worst freaking rates. use progressive for both my R32 and my Harley. The R32 costs me about 180/month and the Harley cost me 98/month. I could get it cheaper if I paid all the premium up front. The harley is a 05 and my R32 is an 04.

I hade 2 drunk driving tickets in 96 or 98 and lost my license for about 5 years due to driving on the suspended license and violating my probation.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

tbrocato is offline Member
    US Agencies owns bro.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    State Farm is great for Rockets....They do not classify them...simply go by cc....I insured a 954rr for $400 a year
    for young guys state farm is usually the cheapest cause they dont classify sportbikes they just go by cc like you said. I have had quotes when i was 20-21 for 6k a year from progressive and have had some for 1k a yr from state farm. i havent insured a bike in a while and am 27 now but i bet its cheaper now then when i was 21.

FinaGuy is offline Associate Member
    i paid 600$ for the year for minimum liablilty... when i had my f4i

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    im an Insurance agent... it pretty much depends on a couple of factors... Driver: age, MVR and Bike: year make/model and of course your territory. Progressive is most likely not better then State farm by the way!! although Prog writes 6 month policies so it could help ya out since you only drive the bike 1/2 a yr!!

$600 is a pretty good avg premium for liab only!! but subject to ALOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    for young guys state farm is usually the cheapest cause they dont classify sportbikes they just go by cc like you said. I have had quotes when i was 20-21 for 6k a year from progressive and have had some for 1k a yr from state farm. i havent insured a bike in a while and am 27 now but i bet its cheaper now then when i was 21.
    correct, at 25 your rate is lowered!!

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHitter
    im an Insurance agent... it pretty much depends on a couple of factors... Driver: age, MVR and Bike: year make/model and of course your territory. Progressive is most likely not better then State farm by the way!! although Prog writes 6 month policies so it could help ya out since you only drive the bike 1/2 a yr!!

problem is if it is financed thru a company that requires insurance you dont have the option for only keeping it insured 6 months out of the year.
    Last edited by Fat Mike; 05-13-2005 at 10:56 AM.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    it can still get stolen in winter.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    problem is if it is financed thru a company that requires insurance you dont have the option for only keeping it insured 6 months out of the year.
    most companies, such as Prog, allstate, SF finance themselves. Only excess markets (wholesalers) use finance companies of which usually only write 1 year policies anyway.

clhp20 is offline Member
    I had a 93 CBR 900rr, for liability insurance only through progressive, i paid 199 a yr...

Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    it can still get stolen in winter.....
    hahhahaha very true.... but increased ins rates for future....

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    correct, at 25 your rate is lowered!!
    they go by years of driving expierence now at least in california. the senior citizens organization sued to prevent age discrimination and now goes by years of driving expierence. but if you got your license on your 16th birthday then your insurance does drop when you turn 25. same principal as before but some people don't get there license until age 18-20 and will have to wait longer to reach that discount. i thought i was the only insurance agent on the board. i guess not. ar sure makes work go by faster. statefarm was the best rate i found for bikes. i'm going to get a gsx-r 750 and they quoted me somewhere around 600 a year for full coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by clhp20
    I had a 93 CBR 900rr, for liability insurance only through progressive, i paid 199 a yr...
    thats awesome. you sure it wasnt a 6 month pol and was that only vehicle on policy?. regardless, still nice and cheap!!

Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    they go by years of driving expierence now at least in california. the senior citizens organization sued to prevent age discrimination and now goes by years of driving expierence. but if you got your license on your 16th birthday then your insurance does drop when you turn 25. same principal as before but some people don't get there license until age 18-20 and will have to wait longer to reach that discount. i thought i was the only insurance agent on the board. i guess not. ar sure makes work go by faster. statefarm was the best rate i found for bikes. i'm going to get a gsx-r 750 and they quoted me somewhere around 600 a year for full coverage.
    HELL Yeah baby!!! Insurance is the best hahhaaha jk!! I work for an agency that my father owns, so i kinda got the hook up!!

Insurance rate automatically decreaeses when turned 25. Can still be rated as inexperienced driver but inexp at age 25. (still see a minor decrease in rate) Unless it be different in LA!!!

good to know i got a fellow Ins Agent bro. What do you do???

HELL Yeah baby!!! Insurance is the best hahhaaha jk!! I work for an agency that my father owns, so i kinda got the hook up!!

Insurance rate automatically decreaeses when turned 25. Can still be rated as inexperienced driver but inexp at age 25. (still see a minor decrease in rate) Unless it be different in LA!!!

auto and homeowners. i also fell into the buisness from the pops. i just started managing the smaller of the 2 offices we have. insurance is kind of boring but i have endless time to research ar when i'm at work. sure pays the bills though. i imagine you write a lot more buisness down there. the community i'm in only has about 60,000 people in the surrounding area.

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member

Brat!!

Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    auto and homeowners. i also fell into the buisness from the pops. i just started managing the smaller of the 2 offices we have. insurance is kind of boring but i have endless time to research ar when i'm at work. sure pays the bills though. i imagine you write a lot more buisness down there. the community i'm in only has about 60,000 people in the surrounding area.
    hhahahaha!!! Im an independent agency, we basically write everything possible. tend to stay away from the life and health even personal lines (w/ fcking Geico, allstate, SF) Im big into the commercial accounts. more money there anyway!!!

insurance is defly boring BUT, we (producer) make our own hours and your not always sitting behind desk. Sometimes i dont even go into the office. I guess tho office manager is more difficult with more responsiblity.

if ya ever need any help or questions.... im here bruva!!

BTW... I am 29 and I have personally searched for rates here in AZ and progressive is the cheapest compared to all other agencies. I have 0 points on my license, and I havent had a single ticket since those drunk driving which were over 7 years ago. So you are still telling me that State farm is cheaper? I could even fax you their quote if need be.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

In general... danm right i am!! lol. There are so many rating factors derived when insurance companies quote insurance. I have beaten Geico in plenty of cases for reasons i will never know.... but any honest insurance agent (not to many,,, hahaha jk) will tell ya that certain companies are much lower then others.... (in most cases)

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    600 euros aged 25, full no claims, full license.

hhahahaha!!! Im an independent agency, we basically write everything possible. tend to stay away from the life and health even personal lines (w/ fcking Geico, allstate, SF) Im big into the commercial accounts. more money there anyway!!!

insurance is defly boring BUT, we (producer) make our own hours and your not always sitting behind desk. Sometimes i dont even go into the office. I guess tho office manager is more difficult with more responsiblity.

if ya ever need any help or questions.... im here bruva!!
    we write with several different companies also. mainly personal auto is the bulk of our revenue. we really don't have any companies that are very competitive with commercial but the one we do have that is competitive is super strict on their underwriting. as for hours i'm usually here 9 hours and occasionally 13. my work week is nothing but work, workout,sleep. weekends i have been spending fishing and drinking on the lake.

I live in AZ. You can ride a bike just about 24/7-365 unless it rains and that isnt that much here.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    i pay 300 a yesr with state farm that is for my gsxr 1000

busster is offline Associate Member
    150 a month, thats with. full discount

clhp20 is offline Member
    thats awesome. you sure it wasnt a 6 month pol and was that only vehicle on policy?. regardless, still nice and cheap!!
    I have 3 cars that are insured with State Farm, they wouldn't insure me for the bike( they just don't do bikes) so i had to go elsewhere. So it was the only vehicle on that insurance policy. And yes, it was for a 1yr policy.. I am 35 also. so that is a big drop in price compared to someone younger. Also i got some sort of discount cause i've been riding since i was 18 with no accidents..

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clhp20
    I have 3 cars that are insured with State Farm, they wouldn't insure me for the bike( they just don't do bikes) so i had to go elsewhere. So it was the only vehicle on that insurance policy. And yes, it was for a 1yr policy.. I am 35 also. so that is a big drop in price compared to someone younger. Also i got some sort of discount cause i've been riding since i was 18 with no accidents..
    i think for state farm will only insure a bike if have been with them more then 5 years

clhp20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    I live in AZ. You can ride a bike just about 24/7-365 unless it rains and that isnt that much here.
    There are alot of bikes in Az. I went to Motorcycle Mechanics Institute back in 91.. I loved it..

freon is offline New Member
    Having insured a bike in three different states, I can defenitely say that where you live makes a big difference. My insurance in Texas, for example, was more than double what I paid in Oregon for similar coverage. I agree with the other posters that State Farm is probably your best bet. This might vary by state, but my understanding is that they'll only insure you if you have a car with them. Ask the agent if the quote you're getting is with their mutual. The mutual has lower rates than normal SF, but you have to meet certain requirements.

gixxer600 is offline Member
    I had a bitch of a time getting insurance. State farm wasn't taking new clients. Most of them wanted two years experience on a cruiser style bike. When I finally found one, they wanted $350 a month!! Forget that nonsence!! That was like 3 years ago! Here's a little tip: Computers do wonders these days!!
    "Burn rubber, not your soul!"
    Ride safe!

Thread Information