symmetry101 is offline Associate Member

sHOULD i TAKE THIS NEW JOB

aLLRIGHT THE JOB I'M AT NOW IS BASICALLY ONE OF THOSE IN BETWEEN JOBS. i MAKE ALLRIGHT MONEY BUT ITS REAL EASY A GOOD SOCIAL SCENE. i WENT FOR AN INTERVIEW THE OTHER DAY AND PRETTY MUCH GOT THE JOB. iT'S TO SELL MORTGAGES, NOW THEY SUPPLY THE LEADS BUT i GOTTA CALL THE LEADS AND FLIP THEM. THEY SAY YOU WORK 10-12 HOUR DAYS POSSIBLY 6 DAYS A WEEK AND I'D BE IN A OFFICE ALL DAY. WHATS GOING THROUGH MY MIND IS WHERE IS THERE TIME TO HAVE ANY SORT OF SOCIAL LIFE AND TO WEIGHT TRAIN. i'M IN MY EARLY TWENTIES AND JUST CONTIPLATING IF TO JUST PUT THE HARD WORK ON WHILE I'M YOUNG AND WORK MY WAY UP SO IT'S EASIER. ALL OPINIONS WELCOMED.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Turn off your caps lock.

Other than that, just go w/your first instinct. It's usually right.

~SC~

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symmetry101
    aLLRIGHT THE JOB I'M AT NOW IS BASICALLY ONE OF THOSE IN BETWEEN JOBS. i MAKE ALLRIGHT MONEY BUT ITS REAL EASY A GOOD SOCIAL SCENE. i WENT FOR AN INTERVIEW THE OTHER DAY AND PRETTY MUCH GOT THE JOB. iT'S TO SELL MORTGAGES, NOW THEY SUPPLY THE LEADS BUT i GOTTA CALL THE LEADS AND FLIP THEM. THEY SAY YOU WORK 10-12 HOUR DAYS POSSIBLY 6 DAYS A WEEK AND I'D BE IN A OFFICE ALL DAY. WHATS GOING THROUGH MY MIND IS WHERE IS THERE TIME TO HAVE ANY SORT OF SOCIAL LIFE AND TO WEIGHT TRAIN. i'M IN MY EARLY TWENTIES AND JUST CONTIPLATING IF TO JUST PUT THE HARD WORK ON WHILE I'M YOUNG AND WORK MY WAY UP SO IT'S EASIER. ALL OPINIONS WELCOMED.

The caps lock makes it look like your screaming, but like you pointed it's a lot of hours, also though is this a job you are locked into? Or could you try it out and see if you like it for a few months and if not start applying elsewhere?

YYZ
    YYZ is offline Junior Member
    how much more cash would you make,
    (not could you make)

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YYZ
    how much more cash would you make,
    (not could you make)
    good call!! alot of my friends are mort brokers.... they barely lift and work all day!! depends exactly what your doing... there letting you close deals right away? usually for the first couple of months your the b1tch boy, calling 100s of people and then letting them go and close, then u become an officer and have people calling for you and you can go out and close, then you become a senior loan officer and you have a whole team workin for ya.... can make ALOT of money if you got the skills!!! i think thats the basics of it!!

Sta11ion is offline Member
    If you have nothing else going for you, give it a run. Then decide to stay or leave.

symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    My bad on the caps locked that was an accident, i'm in sales now with base of 12,00 plus commision, the new job would be base 30,000 but a pretty lucrative commision potential on top of that. One thing people made me realize is i' never locked into anything I can always walk away but i'm looking to stay with a company for a few years to really learn the business. I will defff. be making phone calls but no cold calling they supply the leads. I'm gonna ask about the whole do I close the deal or am I jut qualifying people or what, good info for me to ask before I decide.
    Another thing in the back of my mind is its summer and I was looking sooo forward to chiilin out but I guess if its a good oppurtunity I can't mess with that.Thanks for the advice.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    go with what your priorities are. with that much work, social life and the gym are out the window.

alphaman is offline Member
    Just about any job where you have the oppurtunity to make bank is going to require all of your time. You can still train if you're determined. Me and my old training partner worked the same type of hours and we trained in the morning or after work. If you're a hustler, and cut out for that type of job, then you'll want to be at work all the time. One thing about any sales job- it's a numbers game. The more people you talk to, the more you'll sell.

busster is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Turn off your caps lock.

Other than that, just go w/your first instinct. It's usually right.

~SC~
    what he said

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    All i know is everyone and their brother is a mortgage broker today. its very competitive atleast in florida the way home prices are sky rocketing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    All i know is everyone and their brother is a mortgage broker today. its very competitive atleast in florida the way home prices are sky rocketing right now.
    On that note, the property is skyrocketing beacause intrest rates are low, so the mortgage business is good. But the rates are going back up since the economy is doing better, and in turn the property won't be skyrocketing like it was and the mortgage business isn't gonna be as good.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    On that note, the property is skyrocketing beacause intrest rates are low, so the mortgage business is good. But the rates are going back up since the economy is doing better, and in turn the property won't be skyrocketing like it was and the mortgage business isn't gonna be as good.
    thats is true rates are good and even if they arent their are so many programs to keep the payment low even if its interest only payment. the real reason right now why florida is booming is because the weather here. there arent many houses for sale because everyone from up north is buying right now cause they sold their property for what they can still buy here for almost cash from the profit they made. we arent selling because the houses we paid 140,000.00 for 5 yrs ago that are 325,000 now (my house for example) will just mean we have to by a larger house which we will be paying property tax on a 400k+ house instead of 140,000. The houses here are on the market for no more than 7 days. the last house I sold to a new york couple they paid 50% cash from the profit of their old home. New york is not going to be the sunshine state anytime soon you know what i mean.

jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    There's been a HUGE surge in mortgage brokers lately 'cuz of the rates. Everyone's needed one. They all wanna get their refi in, etc. When the rates start going up soon, it's gonna be a race to the unemployment line for 1/2 of those brokers.

Quote Originally Posted by jimihendryx
    There's been a HUGE surge in mortgage brokers lately 'cuz of the rates. Everyone's needed one. They all wanna get their refi in, etc. When the rates start going up soon, it's gonna be a race to the unemployment line for 1/2 of those brokers.
    Bingo. Real Estate too.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Take it, try it out and if you don't like it.... quit. Pretty simple.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    Bingo. Real Estate too.
    RE won't be hit nearly as hard. First time homebuyers will slow down, but RE will still grow overall. It's the refi market that's gonna kill the mortgage brokers. It's half the biz they've been doing and what created the big boom in the first place. Raise the rates, you destroy the refi market, and there goes half the biz for the brokers.

In the meantime, though, people still need houses.

Quote Originally Posted by jimihendryx
    RE won't be hit nearly as hard. First time homebuyers will slow down, but RE will still grow overall. It's the refi market that's gonna kill the mortgage brokers. It's half the biz they've been doing and what created the big boom in the first place. Raise the rates, you destroy the refi market, and there goes half the biz for the brokers.

In the meantime, though, people still need houses.
    Yes, mortgage brokers will take a bigger hit because of the re-fi market, but real estate is gonna slow down too, Cali real estate is a market indicator, and high $ property there is starting to depreiciate a bit.The real estate market is a bubble about to burst, and somebody is gonna get caught holding the bag, a lot of somebodies. When the market is expanding, the rates go up, and real estate's rate of appreiciation drops. It's all part of the economic cycle.
    Last edited by alphaman; 05-16-2005 at 08:35 PM.

Thread Information