FinaGuy is offline Associate Member

Crushed my finger at the gym WTH??

Hey guys,

this shyt only happends to me i swear...

i was on my last workout last set for shoulders, so i decided to just stretch out for a sec. and i was holding the dumbbells by the handles while they were on the rack and one pulled off and by the time i tried to catch it it smashed my finger between the dumbell and the bar that locks the bell in place on the rack...( iwas barely even pulling back on them)

well it started gushing pretty much right away and throbbing like a beoch. when i got home and cleaned it after stopping at my freinds house and cleaning it there also my finger tip was sooo swollen...it almost took my tip off and my nail is about to come off. it turned purple within minutes also...

but the thing is the throbbing hurt and is anoying but ive been taking like a vike or 2 a day since thurs night... was that ok to do?? i mean i didnt feel anything different but i know it prob wasnt the best thing to do while on a fina prop var cycle...

figured i share this with you guys i wasnt going to post it casue i felt dumb but i minaswell...

and i did not go to a dr or report it to the gym wich i know i should have but somtimes im stupid and rough things out when i shouldnt.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i f'd up my bak bad a while back and just poped NSAIDs and PK's and kept lifting so i dont know what to tell ya.

ill prob take another vike later on after i clean it again but thats it after that... and im starting my routine again tuesday. I cant fall behind i should be good to go by then gives me like 3 more days

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i f'd up my bak bad a while back and just poped NSAIDs and PK's and kept lifting so i dont know what to tell ya.
    Damn thats really not a good idea!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Damn thats really not a good idea!
    im 100%... now..
    let me tell you what... hyperextending your back and overlapping your discs makes squats difficult..

F that lol i cant even hold a bar right now... my fingers screwed right now

its getting a lil better tho, deff mangled up tho

gixxer600 is offline Member
    That sux dude. A few weeks back this guy ripped off half of his pinky on his left hand on the leg press. Felt bad for the guy. The weights werent locked in place properly and when he went to get up he grabbed on to the sides and the weight came crashing down on his hands.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer600
    That sux dude. A few weeks back this guy ripped off half of his pinky on his left hand on the leg press. Felt bad for the guy. The weights werent locked in place properly and when he went to get up he grabbed on to the sides and the weight came crashing down on his hands.

ouch?!?!?

I've dropped a 100 lb dumbell on my face before... was dumbell chest pressing and my left arm went too far in, causing the dumbell to crash on my forehead... while my spotter was admiring himself in the mirror. LOL... Luckily, it only caught me on the edge and i left with a nasty cut on my forehead, but had the weight hit 2 inches lower.... who knows?

yeah bro that sucks... im miserable right now deff going to the dr in the morning...

Quote Originally Posted by FinaGuy
    yeah bro that sucks... im miserable right now deff going to the dr in the morning...

Sorry bro! Hope you heal up well!

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435
    I've dropped a 100 lb dumbell on my face before... was dumbell chest pressing and my left arm went too far in, causing the dumbell to crash on my forehead... while my spotter was admiring himself in the mirror. LOL... Luckily, it only caught me on the edge and i left with a nasty cut on my forehead, but had the weight hit 2 inches lower.... who knows?
    i did the same thing with a 75 # dumbbell about 2 years ago. but it got my neck. just left a nasty bruise on my neck for awhile. that's what i get for trying to go to heavy and didn't have my balance down yet.

jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    Crushed the tip of my finger in the gym before. Everything from the last knuckle on was rippped almost completely off and crushed. I had a little bit of the knuckle left and the rest was hanging on by a small piece of skin. Went to the ER and they were just gonna snip it off, bandage it and leave it at that.

I refused, and insisted that they reattatch it. They told me it would never regrow and I'd need surgery later to remove it, etc. I had them remove the crushed bone fragments and sew it back on. I read up on use of electric currents for regeneration, proper nutrients, etc.

It's back and nearly new now. It's got a nasty scar, and pleanty of scar tissue, but it's on straight, and the nail (which fell out completely) is even growing almost normally.

Good luck.

Thread Information