Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    Is the safety on the XD similar to the 1911/colt .45 at all? My Colt doesnt have any problem during rapid fire, but it also appears to be a bit bigger/different style than the XD
    correct me if i am wrong but didnt you hold the xd in your hand. its the only springfield with the gay backstrap safety to my knowledge. Does your colt have the protruding safety on the backstrap as seen in the picture you posted??? If the web of your hand in bewteen your thumb and forefinger are not prefect on there it wont fire.

You want a serious no Bull .45 acp. This gun fits like a glove... HK Tactical!!!

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    correct me if i am wrong but didnt you hold the xd in your hand. its the only springfield with the gay backstrap safety to my knowledge. Does your colt have the protruding safety on the backstrap as seen in the picture you posted??? If the web of your hand in bewteen your thumb and forefinger are not prefect on there it wont fire.
    Yep, the Colt has one. I am going to need to fire off some .40 or .45 rounds with the XD perhaps. The Colt never gave me a problem with my hand not being on the grip. Ive emptied many full clips firing as fast as I could accurately, never seemed to be a problem. The backstrip is of decent size and more tan just the web of your hand actually compresses it. Only way I could see this being a problem (at least with the Colt) is if you have a weak grip, or were ion a combat situation where you had someone fighting you for the gun.

What do I know though, Ive only fired at targets.

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    I went down to the local gun shop today and since they carry glocks and XDs, I asked him about the problem with the safety you were talking about. The manager said that he's put around 2,500 rounds through his XD and hasnt had a single problem in the rapid fire and has actually never heard of that problem even though he's sold over 500 of em.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleDave
    I went down to the local gun shop today and since they carry glocks and XDs, I asked him about the problem with the safety you were talking about. The manager said that he's put around 2,500 rounds through his XD and hasnt had a single problem in the rapid fire and has actually never heard of that problem even though he's sold over 500 of em.

common sense should play a factor here.. you went to a gun shop the "sells" xd's and you mean they didnt tell you what a piece of shit it is?? you mean they told you they have no problems after selling 500 of them?? so you went to the toyota dlr and asked them if they had any problems with their new navigation system not working and they said they sold 5000 nationwide and didnt have any problems?? do you see where this is going??

now more common sense... if the safety on the gun must be fully depressed at all times to fire the weapon and the gun for whatever reason becomes cockeyed in your hand or slips down where the web of your hand is not fully 100% depressing that safety will it fire?? no it will not. Will the guy trying to kill you with a glock fire?? yes he will. Will you die?? god only knows??

next do some research on the amount of law enforcement, government, homeland security agencies that issue an xd as a weapon or allow it as a duty weapon?? They have ads all over that say such and such rely on the Xd and blah blah blah. Still i promise it is miniscule compared to glock, HK, and sig sauer.

I would not carry a gun for my personal protection that doesnt meet the majority of police agency standard. If you are buying it to screw around with targets and have gun that may or may not fire depending on your grip. have at it. I will say again i would never ever carry that gun for my personal protection... I have seen it in more than one persons hands not fire. My life is worth more. sorry.

My new gun of choice which I am picking up wed is...

Again no external safeties.. Point and shoot.. Period.. No compromise as the HK motto states...

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    My question is though, how much different is the XD from the Colt .45 when concerning this safety? I just couldnt see this happening with the Colt

Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    My question is though, how much different is the XD from the Colt .45 when concerning this safety? I just couldnt see this happening with the Colt
    never shot the colt but if you cant see your hand ever slipping off/down the grip or losing grip in a high tension situation you are naive. sorry. I never told anyof you gusy not to buy it. I simply stated I would never ever ever carry that gone if i had to defend my life with it or anyone elses for that matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information