BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

I hate not having insurance!!!!

For the past two days I've been running fever, side of my neck has a lump the size of a golf ball cause my lymph node is swollen, head hurts, body feels achy, been sicker than a dog...... and I can't go to the doc cause I can't afford insurance. I'm about to give up being a PT and owning my own business and go back to work for someone else.... I can't handle this anymore. I miss being able to go to the doc when I was sick.....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    When I was doing my PT w/no insurance I'd pay the visit or whatever it was and get my meds, then deduct it at the end of the year on my taxes. I know it sucks having to have the $$ up front to visit the doc, but for me it was $75, or you could go to a "Doctor's on Duty" type of place for a similar cost. Then just deduct the medical expenses at the end of the year.

~SC~

Might have to try that.... right now money is tight, so I'll have to wait.... just sux cause I hardly get sick but when I do I get SICK.

Yeah bro, but your health is very important and what you described sounds like it should be tended to. Whip out an un-used credit card for the time being. I know credit card usage sucks, but you can deduct it later and you owe it to yourself to feel better.

~SC~

True.... I'm heading out to the ER if I can't get in to see my doc after all the kids are gone.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    man this sux. that s one thing about Germany I really like...everybody is insured...even if u r unemployed...the government will pay for ur health insurance

Try to avoid the E.R. if you can, as that is ridiculously expensive!! Really, the E.R. is like ass raping you. If they have a Doctor's on Duty or Urgent Care type place w/on call doctors, that is far better. If not, well, then I think I'd still get seen anyhow at the E.R.

Best of luck to you, hope it's something easily remedied!

~SC~

BT check your pm's

Swole.. here in San Antonio if ya got to the University Hospital, they'll see you fro free and even give you free meds, you just have to be seen by one of their docs that's still in Med school... If I can't get in to see my doc I'm just gonna go hit that place up. YA have to sit there for a long ass time but it's free...

Sounds like a good plan of action to me.

Good luck brutha.

~SC~

Thread Information