Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

Angry Crappy/Sh*tty Workout!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm pissed and need to vent!

Many of you think that good old ~SC~ never has any workout issues, no problems, etc. Well, newsflash!!!!!!! Just did chest today and after 4 sets of Hammer Strength flat press, I went to do d-bell inclines and struggled with the 100's and 110's!!!!!! Bunch of crap!!!!!! I usually press those quite easily, but fore some reason my SHOULDERS decided to not want to help. I had tightness and irritation in BOTH after/during the flat press, but thought it would go away. Almost like some insane internal pump that wouldn't allow my chest to get stimulated. I barely got 8 reps with the 100's, and it's true I do use a slow 2/3 tempo but still!!!!! A totally off day, totally pathetic and stupid.

F*ck this, I'm creating a new workout/cardio 10 week blitz and I'm gonna attack it and totally transform. I'm tired of the same old sh*t, and it's evident by my body and it's signals that I am due for a change.

Thanks for listening!!!!!!!!

~SC~

GQSuperman is offline Banned

we'll see

if mine goes better than yours. i've recently graduated to the 110s on dumbell bench for my third set of 6. however, i tore some ligaments in my ankle last week and had to take quite a few days off. we'll see how much it has/will hamper my workouts.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Many of you think that good old ~SC~ never has any workout issues, no problems, etc. Well, newsflash!!!!!!! Just did chest today and after 4 sets of Hammer Strength flat press, I went to do d-bell inclines and struggled with the 100's and 110's!!!!!! Bunch of crap!!!!!! I usually press those quite easily, but fore some reason my SHOULDERS decided to not want to help. I had tightness and irritation in BOTH after/during the flat press, but thought it would go away. Almost like some insane internal pump that wouldn't allow my chest to get stimulated. I barely got 8 reps with the 100's, and it's true I do use a slow 2/3 tempo but still!!!!! A totally off day, totally pathetic and stupid.

F*ck this, I'm creating a new workout/cardio 10 week blitz and I'm gonna attack it and totally transform. I'm tired of the same old sh*t, and it's evident by my body and it's signals that I am due for a change.

~SC~
    Change it up like you said, everyone has off days it is how we come back from off days that matters. You are just buggin bro.

don't worry about it man, it could be worse and you could have tendinitis every single day in your shoulders LIKE MEE. i guarantee you next week youre back to normal.

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    i can get 2 reps with 110's on incline.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Struggled with 100's and 110's........... pussy!

j/k Swole, def sounds like it's time to switch it up some.

Believe me Tex, I felt like a huge vagina leaving the parking lot.

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Are you cutting right now?

cjp85 is offline Member
    It happens. It will only make you better in the long run.

yerg is offline Associate Member
    Good to hear that vets like you have off days too. Keeps me pluggin away. Thanks.

~SC~
    No need to explain.... I'm finally back in the gym after a 5 month lay off from training and struggling with weight that I used to toss around like nothing. It's all coming back slowly but it's still a bitch. I hate bad days in the gym, but a shitty workout is better than no workout is what I say.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

~SC~
    I feel like a lil vagina most days... hahaha

Shitty workouts are the worst...

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    i get those workouts sometimes to, when u just feel like a wk lil $hit... its all good bro im sure even superman has those days lol

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Are you cutting right now?
    Started yesterday as a matter of fact, but I know that hasn't played into it yet.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

~SC~

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    i hate those kind of days, i generally just quit the workout real early then im in a bad mood the rest of the day.....

btw ive always wondered how much u can max on barbell flat bench?

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    ya those days do suck, i thought i smelled something fishy today! lol

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Started yesterday as a matter of fact, but I know that hasn't played into it yet.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

~SC~

Yea I was going to say that is probably the reason...... or maybe it is just psychological that now you have started your cutting phase you're weak lol. That seems to happen to me a lot... my chest and bicep workouts seem to suffer the most once I start to cut.

Barbell flat bench max right now, I have no idea as I can't do 315 w/out my shoulders killing me after a few reps. I'd say 405, as I've done 405 before, but being really really strong is not something I care about much anymore. I know you are saying "WHAT???????", but what I mean is that after my knee injuries (plural) I've come to realize what's really important, and how longevity is what makes/breaks a physique.
    Benching 400/500 is no good if I tear a pec, rotator cuff, etc., and never have the chance to look great again. That almost happened w/my legs, so I err on the side of caution now. I also want to be a smaller ~SC~, for some printwork/modeling crap next year, so I'll be kind of changing my entire training style and what not. Should be a trip!!!!

~SC~

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Bust dat AZZ tommorrow bro. I knew you were human, lol. Yea I think pretty much everyone thought SC never had bad workouts, but I guess everyone does every now and again.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Barbell flat bench max right now, I have no idea as I can't do 315 w/out my shoulders killing me after a few reps. I'd say 405, as I've done 405 before, but being really really strong is not something I care about much anymore. I know you are saying "WHAT???????", but what I mean is that after my knee injuries (plural) I've come to realize what's really important, and how longevity is what makes/breaks a physique.
    Benching 400/500 is no good if I tear a pec, rotator cuff, etc., and never have the chance to look great again. That almost happened w/my legs, so I err on the side of caution now. I also want to be a smaller ~SC~, for some printwork/modeling crap next year, so I'll be kind of changing my entire training style and what not. Should be a trip!!!!

~SC~
    i hear you on not wanting to pull anything and risking injuries that can cause you to not be big. i almost pulled my pec a few weeks back maxing out. scary shi*

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

~SC~
    thats good, ive heard many horror stories of guys tearing pecs and ripping them off the bone, injury like that would put u out for a long time if not for good....it always seems more experienced lifters never max, just because they know it does nothing workout wise and puts u at a very high risk for injury

system admin is offline Owner
    Funny you say all this Swole! I am having one of those WEEKS!!! NO matter what I do.. my joints are killing me, my workouts are not producing any soreness the next day, and I feel so flat!! I AM cutting and have been, but this is not something I am used to doing (cutting that is). Are my joint pains and strength associated with cutting? I do understand that strength is going down due to the cardio that im doing and the calories... but shit! I have felt this week that I should take the rest of the week off and just "heal" myself.

bc

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Man that sucks Swole. I wish I was using 110s lol but still I feel like I completely wasted my time when my workouts are shitty. I hear ya man

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    - GAL -->

Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    Funny you say all this Swole! I am having one of those WEEKS!!! NO matter what I do.. my joints are killing me, my workouts are not producing any soreness the next day, and I feel so flat!! I AM cutting and have been, but this is not something I am used to doing (cutting that is). Are my joint pains and strength associated with cutting? I do understand that strength is going down due to the cardio that im doing and the calories... but shit! I have felt this week that I should take the rest of the week off and just "heal" myself.

bc
    Naaaa..... you REALLY are just a pussy....

Well... nice knowing ya folks.... I'm only joking, but if I don't get banned I'm sure my punishment will be something horrid.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin

bc
    Dry joints from Winny? Or water pills? Don't go uber heavy, use proper form.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member

~SC~
    Awww, pobresito. Just for purposes of S&G, start out on the incline first next time.

I usually do incline first, yup, but wanted to do flat as I was seeing my incline lifts be a lot more than my flat lifts!

I'll have to see where I go w/this.

Thanks,
    ~SC~

Maybe you need to look into your diet SC

~SC~

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    im going to go w/...
    You been staying up way to late to Vida...
    lack of sleep their big guy...

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    im going to go w/...
    You been staying up way to late to Vida...
    lack of sleep their big guy...
    Lmfao hahah

Its ok swole.. I am cutting and I think Big Tex is prolly stronger then me right now

piss man i just read that entire MindOfRoss thread.. and i cant possibly immagine working out today...

Yeah, between Vida and Jessica Alba, my workouts are really gonna suffer!

~SC~

I like this

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Lmfao hahah

Its ok swole.. I am cutting and I think Big Tex is prolly stronger then me right now
    Ohhh... you're trying to be funny. Just cause I'm not on don't think I'm weak son... I can still hang with the best of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Ohhh... you're trying to be funny. Just cause I'm not on don't think I'm weak son... I can still hang with the best of 'em.
    You called me son.. hehehe that means your old hehe
    Im banned arn't I
    I was just jokin yeesh

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    You called me son.. hehehe that means your old hehe
    Im banned arn't I
    I was just jokin yeesh
    ha he is gonna ban the fat kid!

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    ha he is gonna ban the fat kid!