dleppek is offline New Member

Post Power Rack Question

Does anyone know where I can buy a stainless steel power rack to permanently mount OUTSIDE?

I have room for a quality 'Venice Beach' Style back yard and want to do it up right, but am afraid the only component I can't store away from the very occasional rain we have in arizona, will rust.

Please help.

David

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know of any pre-made from stainless steel. You might wanna go to a local Precision Sheet Metal Fab Shop (not the heating and air duct type). Draw them up a sketch and see what they can do for ya. Stainless is expensive though. If you want draw me a sketch and I'll let you know how much you should expect to pay. That way you wont get ripped off.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Personally I wouldn't use St Stl because it work hardens and can fatigue fracture around welds.That is why stainless is not generally used in heavy weight applications.

Buy a normal rack that has been powdered coated as this will have the best defence against corrosion and then buy a waterproof sheet and make a blanket to place over it at night or when it rains.It should work but bro rust is not caused by water alone it needs oxygen as well therefore you will never elimanate it totally.It may be worth buying a 2nd hand one and painting it every so often.

RON
    WOW Billy you got a little eng. knowledge there huh The powder coated one would last for a couple years at least with no need to repaint. I know cause I make a few products that get put out in the weather on generators and their power coated. Just watch out for the friction points where the powder coat rubs off.

dleppek is offline New Member
    You guys rock - all good advice. I was leaning toward the quality powder coat and protective cover anyway. I think this clynched it. Thanks.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by RON
    WOW Billy you got a little eng. knowledge there huh The powder coated one would last for a couple years at least with no need to repaint. I know cause I make a few products that get put out in the weather on generators and their power coated. Just watch out for the friction points where the powder coat rubs off.
    It shows that much hey bro?

Just a shame that within the UK the call for engineers is scarce and I can't find a job within engineering

RON
    Originally posted by Billy Boy

It shows that much hey bro?

Just a shame that within the UK the call for engineers is scarce and I can't find a job within engineering
    Sorry to hear that bro. Jobs are scarce everywhere but there seem to be a lot of engineering jobs in California That doesn't mean they pay any good but there here.

manijak is offline Associate Member

Re: Power Rack Question

Originally posted by dleppek
    Does anyone know where I can buy a stainless steel power rack to permanently mount OUTSIDE?

I have room for a quality 'Venice Beach' Style back yard and want to do it up right, but am afraid the only component I can't store away from the very occasional rain we have in arizona, will rust.

Please help.

David
    remember to keep the sliding rods and movin parts well oiled
    if one of them jams up while u working you are fu ed up...

sniper105 is offline Junior Member
    Bro,

sounds like you have some cash so you could buy a good used one and then have spray on bed liner applied to it. Yes I mean the kind they spray on the beds of pickups. It is applied the same as paint as far as primer and such and a good dealer will do it for you.

Thread Information