Thread: any bowhunters?

craneboy is offline Senior Member

any bowhunters?

i am going to buy a mathews bow to get into bowhunting next year. does anyone use mathews that can recomend a model for 31" and over draw length that would be a good choice for hunting?

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Dont know much about bows but i do respect bowhunters. I considered hunting with rifles cheating. Let alone setting traps and waiting for the animal with a high powered rifle. Only problem with bows is the chances of injuring the animal and them fleeing to die a slow agonizing death else were is greater. But i respect it more than rifle hunting. BTW i've never been hunting and never will, and i'm far from a tree hugger.

Receiver84 is offline Associate Member
    Mathews is a really expensive line of bow (about $719). But they are outstanding. The "Outback" is the bow of choice from there. Not sure about overdraws because they are not used anymore with any type of bow. Hoyt has an incredible new bow for 2006 called the Trycon (or somehting along those line) Might want to try a Bow-Tech as well though I have heard they're having trouble with the limbs. Either way you go, bow hunting is a blast.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    mathews has a new bow out called "switchback" i'm going to check out next weekend. cost about $750 for bare bow, but only available in up to 30" draw length which might work if i use a release

Thread Information