Silverbackgorilla is offline Junior Member

GNC franchises--Info??

I have been looking into starting a GNC franchise lately. It seems like a pretty good company, even though we all know they are overpriced.. Alot of people dont know, or dont care because they trust the name brand.

Anyone here own, or know someone that owns a GNC?

I am looking for information on what kind of $$ you can take home?
    And the good/bad and the ugly of owning one.

To me its seems pretty good..

Basically, no early mornings--most open about 9-10 am.. Work till your part-timers come in..or your asst manager, or stay all the time, whatever you want. and leave early enough to pick my son up from school--when he starts..and still have time to workout in the evening or morning..

Cheap supplements

Give discounts to gym owners for a free membership

Hire some hot girls to work there

I am trying to get a job at one around my house, but none are hiring.. I want to see what it is really like and what it takes to run one.

Thanks for any information about this topic.. I am mainly concerned with being about to make enough money to be comfortable.. I know I am not going to make millions..lol

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I was thinking of opening a GNC a while back. I did a google search for franchise forums. The people on those boards would be able to give you answers on just about anything franchise related.

As it turned out, GNC didn't seem like a very good deal to me. Apparently the franchisee has very little say in how the business runs. When HQ says you run a sale, you run a sale, even if it means you sell the product for less than what you paid for it. Also, the royalty fees are pretty high. I know Max Muscle is always looking for franchisees too, but you need some serious assets to make that happen.

Check the forums dude.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's all about the Vitamin Shoppe bruh.

GNC is the 80's/90's.

Look into the VS, I'll be doing something with them as a matter of fact in a few
    short months.

Stay tuned!

~SC~

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    It's all about the Vitamin Shoppe bruh.

GNC is the 80's/90's.

Look into the VS, I'll be doing something with them as a matter of fact in a few
    short months.

Stay tuned!

~SC~
    Is there any cookie jar you DON'T stick your fingers in???

VS.... now that's got me thinking.... time to go do some research.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

sticking finger

i personally like sticking my fingers in "honey-pots". i put my hands in cookie jars, wait, what was the topic again?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Is there any cookie jar you DON'T stick your fingers in???

Hahaha, hey, I was offered a very cool position at the Vitamin Shoppe as an independent contractor (being a trainer) to come in and speak w/people, have my own desk with my V.X. materials to hand out, my website will be printed on their FLYERS, and I'll have a poster on the WINDOW of me that says, "Talk to the Trainer", and "SwoleCat from VizualXcellence.com". Gonna be NEAT, as nothing like this has been done before w/them, but the manager absolutely loves me and my personality/character/ability to communicate, which she says she cannot find in people.

Then, she asked if I'd like to MANAGE my own store, and I could also do my web biz from the Manager office at times of the day. WOW, I swear it can't get any better than 3-4 months down the road. I'm on a mission, and it should be one h*ll of a ride. You know I'll have pics and all that once I'm on the window, pics of the office/materials, etc.

Remember, my title is "business baller".

Stay tuned!

~SC~

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Hahaha, hey, I was offered a very cool position at the Vitamin Shoppe as an independent contractor (being a trainer) to come in and speak w/people, have my own desk with my V.X. materials to hand out, my website will be printed on their FLYERS, and I'll have a poster on the WINDOW of me that says, "Talk to the Trainer", and "SwoleCat from VizualXcellence.com". Gonna be NEAT, as nothing like this has been done before w/them, but the manager absolutely loves me and my personality/character/ability to communicate, which she says she cannot find in people.

Then, she asked if I'd like to MANAGE my own store, and I could also do my web biz from the Manager office at times of the day. WOW, I swear it can't get any better than 3-4 months down the road. I'm on a mission, and it should be one h*ll of a ride. You know I'll have pics and all that once I'm on the window, pics of the office/materials, etc.

Remember, my title is "business baller".

Stay tuned!

~SC~
    Well I haven't met anyone that deserves it more than you bro. Just how in the hell do you find the time for all this with all the whoring you do on here?

Also... mind sending me some of your luck my way... kinda ran out.
    Just goes to show what hard work and dedication will do for ya.

gixxer600 is offline Member
    Why not just open your own? I personally like the "mom and pop" type shops. they're cheaper, and once you get to know them, they'll usually cut you some deals. I'm sure most of us shop at those kind of places. Your start up cost would probably be cheaper as well.

swolecat----i thought

swolecat---didn't you just take a position with a gym to have your own desk to consult with clients etc a month or two ago? you were all pumped b/c you'd have a computer to do your webstuff while at the gym. did that not work out?

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=133969

didn't seem to limit your time here as you thought it would.

focus, focus, focus.
    Last edited by GQSuperman; 05-20-2005 at 12:17 PM.

bump

bumpity bump bump

Once I got in to Gold's and all, they changed (they being Reggie Jackson's brother) the goal of the gym and who they were attracting. I then gathered all my stuff and left, as I wanted no part of the "fru fru" crap they wanted to do.

I do my own thing, and now I've found a location who will accept me for ME, and not get me in the door and say one thing, then once in the door change the tune.

Thanks for asking,
    ~SC~

Thread Information