dumbells101 is offline Senior Member

Question of the day

How many of you would take a substance that would make you IFBB level in 1 month but would kill you 10 years later?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Nope...no way, no how. I don't ever aspire to look like those guys. I'm a fan of the sport but that look is WAY too extreme. I'll be happy doing one or two local shows, staying big and strong (with or without gear) and staying healthy.

Pete

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    CANT SAY I WOULD TAKE THAT ONE DUMBELLS I WANT TO BE BIG AND ALL THAT BUT I ALSO WANT TO LIVE TO SEE MY GRANDKIDS TOO EVEN THOGH I HAVE A LONG TIME MY BOY IS ONLY 3 MONTHS

Ok this is good, well now let me throw this one your way.

Would you do it if it meant that you had to give up everything else in your life. All your money, cars, house, girlfriend etc.
    Give it all up take the pill and BAM your an IFBB superstar.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    BB is away of life, its should inspire and support you, but not control you. I sacrifice a lot for my sport, and why because of the satisfaction of knowing when I look in the mirror I am the artist the creator, years of hard work and dedication. To say I can have that in a month, well I wouldn't have it I would just think I have, that would give me no satisfaction.

Your life is BB, but don't give up your life for BB, be a balanced, developed person. Whether I make IFFB status is a question I can not answer, but I will be the best I can be, and with the important people in my life with me.

And guys IFFB pro's make barely enough money to pay the drugs/food bill........no logic in that IMO.

Now we have the truth. anything worth having, is worth working for. Final question: What then have we given up in order to have what we have?

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    IMO anything which doesn't help, support of make me grow.

i.e. Alcholol, rec drugs, late nights, rich food, demanding friends, places where I can't eat/train, luxury items, money ( cos I spend it on food, drugs, supplements)

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Good posts Al and good points DB101. I guess the old saying about life holds true when talking about BB'ing....It's a journey, not a destination.

Pete

There is only one way to achieve the goal, and there is only one mind that can drive you to that destination. Our own! The only thing stopping us is our own weakness. ie. that cake, ice cream, pizza. Boy it pisses my wife off when I say I don't want it. But who then do I blame? A client says "Oh I had to have a few beers" I say Oh I guess you'll just stay fat!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    How the hell did I miss this post??

Interesting points raised there DB101 , but Big Al has hit the nail on the head.BB is a way of life it does,nt rule you and you need to get certain aspects of your life in order first like family,friends ,work because you need them as much as BB

Thread Information