maxmz is offline Junior Member

Car dealer Accident

Hey bros,

I still feel shaky as I'm typing this. My brother is looking in to buying a new car. So we went to this dealer to check the cars out. To make a long story short. We tested a Subaru WRX (not STI). My brother was driving, I was in the passenger seat and the sales guy was in the back. The saleguy was talking and pushing my brother into flooring in it. He was saying stuff like "you know, they say is good for the engine to red line it"...and more. So my brother floored it a couple of times driving in the backroads. Then the sales guy says "keep on going straight to those curves, keep on the line and take them about 60". My brother takes the curve at about 45mph and the car starts sliding, we spun 180, went off the road into loose dirt, the car stopped after the tires hit loose dirt that almost made us flip. Thank God we did not flip. There's no damage to the body or anything. The only thing is that the passeger side tires came of the rim from the ouside. There's not even damage to the rims no scratches or bends 'cause of hitting loose dirt. There was no leaks or anything. The car runs. The salesman said to us he would take 100% of the blame and not to worry 'cause he told my brother to take the curve hard. We get a ride to the dealer by another salesman and see a manager. Asking my brother how he liked the car and if he was interested in buying it. My brother said he was still going to look around. So, I asked what's going to happen next? the manager says they'll need bring the car in, inspect it in the shop, make a report and handle it with the insurance. They ask for my brother's insurance (which he's still under my parents insurance), we were driving in my truck. I said to the manager the only insurance we have right now is mine and I would like for the insurance not to be involved and if there's something to pay I would pay cash (I got some saved money in the bank and my parents already pay too much insurance money for my brother being 20 yrs old). They said the general manager was not in that he will be in 'till Monday. They got a copy from my brother's Driv. license, cellphone #, they know we have AAA insurance, and a written statement I told the salesman that was riding with us to write. I asked him to sign it a few times but the manager said it wasn't necessary. My brother ask the manager, "What's the worst that can happen?" the manager said "just think what's the least that can happen, bring the car in put the tires back in the rims and you don't have to pay anything. Hopefully they'll call us on Monday with an answer. On the way home my brother was very quiet, I told him not to worry and that this accident was just an experience in life that we should learn from. Right after getting off from the WRX I went to my brother and told him not to worry. I told him it could have been a major accident if there would have been incoming traffic. I just thank God it wasn't major and we were all ok. Any bro's know what happens in these cases. I just want to get this over with, 'cause this sh*t is just in my head. Thank's alot bro's.

alphaman is offline Member
    I've sold cars for 5 years, and the dealer plate on the back of THEIR car is what carries the insurance in this situation. Don't give them your ins. info. Their just busting your balls , hoping they'll scare you into filing a claim w/ your ins. They are trying to get out of paying any deductibles(which on average for a dealer is 1000-5000 dollars). Don't sweat it, They're just trying to put your feet to the fire..
    Last edited by alphaman; 05-21-2005 at 07:06 PM.

similar thing happened to me in a suburu, I almost pulled a hitler on my entire family when the car flipped over...damn suburu's i hate them.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    similar thing happened to me in a suburu, I almost pulled a hitler on my entire family when the car flipped over...damn suburu's i hate them.
    dont hate on the suby. if it wasnt for the handeling i would have been dead ten times over prob. glad to hear u both were safe though, car accidents suck d1ck.

SensP is offline Associate Member
    Do not let them bill your insurance company for this! You are of absolutely no fault! The salesman already admitted to having told your brother to drive too fast around the corner. Therefore they are 100% reliable.

Call the dealer, tell him you're not going to allow him to bill your insurance company. And tell him that if he has a problem with that, he can speak to your lawyer. (Just say it, even if you don't have one.)

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    crazy

maxmz is offline Junior Member

Thanks bro's

They're supposed to call my brother tomorrow. Thanks for your support.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah... they r just trying to pass the buck to your insurance... don't give em sh!t....

Thread Information