Thread: Sleep VS Job

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

Sleep VS Job

I know that theres lots of threads regarding how much sleep we get.. BUT.. there's a study regarding sleep vs work. If people enjoy their job, and have less stress, they don't need as much sleep and feel rested on less hours then others.. I just went from a high paced business world to the world of construction.. I still get 7-9 hours of sleep but feel much better, I figure that will change once I have my own business lol
    So whats your job and how much sleep do you get?

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    I own a Tile,Granite, and Marble construction company and I do most of the the work. I get 4 hours sleep a night and wake up feeling like superman.
    Tren is ****in awesome.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    I am currently unemployed and sleep for approximately 12 hrs a night/day...

tbrocato is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    I know that theres lots of threads regarding how much sleep we get.. BUT.. there's a study regarding sleep vs work. If people enjoy their job, and have less stress, they don't need as much sleep and feel rested on less hours then others.. I just went from a high paced business world to the world of construction.. I still get 7-9 hours of sleep but feel much better, I figure that will change once I have my own business lol
    So whats your job and how much sleep do you get?

Sleep is for the weak bro!

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    if i dont get 10-12hrs, im one crabby dude that you better keep back from!!!

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435
    I am currently unemployed and sleep for approximately 12 hrs a night/day...
    Lucky dog

jasper1968 is offline Associate Member
    8hr max for me anything more has me tired all day.. My wife works 4/10 graves and she gets maybe 7 max a n ight on work nites. It works for her but after 4 years I think it might be catching up with her..

I work at a restaraunt and get about 10 hours a night, can not function with less than that, that is why I am at home right now while my friends are going out to party... it sucks, but I really get in a sh1tty mood when I dont sleep good.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    well bros, a typical 24 hour shift at work for me.......arrive at work for 7am, start drinking coffee while the ff starts cooking breakfast, wheat biscuits and eggs, bacon or sausage. at about 9 am, whats for dinner? either pick-up fast food or cook, i like to cook my own dinner, mostly chicken. about 1 pm----i take a 1 hr nap....2pm start drinking coffee. 3 pm work out.... 5 pm whats for supper? cook or pick-up, lots of times my wife( school teacher, 5'7" 114lbs) will come eat supper with us. about 8pm i go to bed and read for about an hour, then nite time till 0630, wake-up to get off at 7am. by the way, most of my career was spent at the busiest firehouse, but for the last 2 years, ive been at the slowest house. and i love it, same pay for playing first string or sitting the bench. and boys only 2 years 5 months till i retire. then full blown cycles thanks charlie r

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrocato
    Sleep is for the weak bro!
    No, sleep is for the smart and those that want to grow!
    Last edited by needmorestrength; 05-24-2005 at 06:59 AM.

Reciever84 is offline Junior Member
    12 hours a day is half your life wasted in bed sleeping. Not worth it IMO. You only get one shot, don't spend it sleeping. I shoot for 7 to 8.5 hours of sleep each night. I tend to feel best on 8-8.5 hours but function well on 7. Anything less and I am nodding off in meetings at the office. Not good. On a side note. I hate the fact that I need to sleep. I wish there was a pill that made sleep unneccessary and then I could stay up 24 hours a day. I'd be ultra productive and actaully get something done.

Thread Information