Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Habanero's Avatar
    Habanero is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    139

    Don't You Love it When

    What is it about people who see that you are doing dips on a double-sided piece of equipment (the other side for pullups) and they decide that it is o.k. to begin doing their set of pullups directly in front of you. Their package is thrust out into your face while you bob up and down doing dips. I had this happen to me yesterday and had to say something to the guy.

  2. #2
    Carlos_E's Avatar
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Habanero
    What is it about people who see that you are doing dips on a double-sided piece of equipment (the other side for pullups) and they decide that it is o.k. to begin doing their set of pullups directly in front of you. Their package is thrust out into your face while you bob up and down doing dips. I had this happen to me yesterday and had to say something to the guy.
    The center base of the equipment is in the middle so unless you have X-ray vision how can you see through to the other side. Me thinks you think of "packages" to much.

  3. #3
    Habanero's Avatar
    Habanero is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    The center base of the equipment is in the middle so unless you have X-ray vision how can you see through to the other side. Me thinks you think of "packages" to much.
    No man - this is a free standing basic steel structure with two sides. There is about six inches separating you and the person across from you. It is an unspoken rule that if someone is using one side you wait until they are done with their set until you take up position on the other side. This is not a circuit type machine that I believe you are envisioning.

  4. #4
    RA's Avatar
    RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Getting madcow treatments
    Posts
    18,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    The center base of the equipment is in the middle so unless you have X-ray vision how can you see through to the other side. Me thinks you think of "packages" to much.
    cmon hab, get out of the closet.

  5. #5
    co2boi's Avatar
    co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,689
    mmmmmm packages

  6. #6
    Habanero's Avatar
    Habanero is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    139

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    cmon hab, get out of the closet.
    Well it appears that the exact type people who violate the silent rule that I am speaking of are on the board right now. Y'all can

  7. #7
    63190's Avatar
    63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    2,263
    Turn around or ask them to turn around. No need for both of you to face in. I've never seen the equipment which you are describing.
    BTW, you must really love chile to be naming your self Habanero. I too wonder if your in the closet, since your on here complaing about having the chile thrust in your face.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    779
    I know what you are talking about never had it happen but at least everyone else made the thread funny for me to read.

  9. #9
    RA's Avatar
    RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Getting madcow treatments
    Posts
    18,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Habanero
    Well it appears that the exact type people who violate the silent rule that I am speaking of are on the board right now. Y'all can


    I only do it when there is a girl on the other side so I can rub my johnson on her nose.

  10. #10
    Habanero's Avatar
    Habanero is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Turn around or ask them to turn around. No need for both of you to face in. I've never seen the equipment which you are describing.
    BTW, you must really love chile to be naming your self Habanero. I too wonder if your in the closet, since your on here complaing about having the chile thrust in your face.
    For the record - I am a flaming heterosexual through and through. No homophobia either - it just looks goddam ridiculous when two people are using this thing at the same time. Even if you turn around it just is not right man.

  11. #11
    63190's Avatar
    63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    2,263
    Wear a sleep mask whilst performing your excersises then. Or cut eye holes in it. If any one asks you're a super hero in training. Or wear a luchador mask. Then no one will know who you really are.
    Last edited by 63190; 05-25-2005 at 01:39 PM.

  12. #12
    Habanero's Avatar
    Habanero is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    I only do it when there is a girl on the other side so I can rub my johnson on her nose.
    That is socially acceptable gym etiquette.

  13. #13
    RA's Avatar
    RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Getting madcow treatments
    Posts
    18,715
    Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Wear a sleep mask whilst performing your excersises then. Or cut eye holes in it. If any one asks your a super hero in training. Or wear a luchador mask. Then no one will know who you really are.
    lol, I still wouldnt want a sweaty sack that close to my face.

  14. #14
    co2boi's Avatar
    co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Habanero
    For the record - I am a flaming heterosexual through and through. No homophobia either - it just looks goddam ridiculous when two people are using this thing at the same time. Even if you turn around it just is not right man.
    I agree man. It's like they WANT you to look at their sh*t or something. Fuking pervs. They know what in the hell they are doing.

  15. #15
    Habanero's Avatar
    Habanero is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Wear a sleep mask whilst performing your excersises then. Or cut eye holes in it. If any one asks you're a super hero in training. Or wear a luchador mask. Then no one will know who you really are.
    I might as well put on a fu**ing gimp mask the way it looks.

  16. #16
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    not like that at my gym... dip rack is all alone... i have to waddle to it with a 75 strapped to my waist... then waddle back to the bench

  17. #17
    Carlos_E's Avatar
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    not like that at my gym... dip rack is all alone... i have to waddle to it with a 75 strapped to my waist... then waddle back to the bench
    I strap 2 45 plates to my waist then standing swinging them saying "big balls... big balls"

  18. #18
    Sta11ion's Avatar
    Sta11ion is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Toronto 5days Miami 2days
    Posts
    731
    Haha, so when I do dips with 3 45 with a quarter what should I call it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I strap 2 45 plates to my waist then standing swinging them saying "big balls... big balls"

  19. #19
    Jantzen4k's Avatar
    Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    $ Make The World Go Round
    Posts
    3,388
    i am usually that asshole that does it to ya in the gym.

    get out of my way!

    sorry but i got shit to do

  20. #20
    Carlos_E's Avatar
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Sta11ion
    Haha, so when I do dips with 3 45 with a quarter what should I call it?
    Big balls still apply

  21. #21
    co2boi's Avatar
    co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Sta11ion
    Haha, so when I do dips with 3 45 with a quarter what should I call it?
    That would be the testicle equivalent of a third nipple right?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •